Urgent - Ruby Princess 3 people infected - Urgent Tracking of Passengers

5 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

Passengers were given a notice from the Australian Government Dept of Health regarding Novel coronavirus.  Under the paragraph,  Who is required to stay home?  it says:  "All travellers must isolate for a period of 14 days after they have entered Australia.  If you need to transit domestically, you may complete this transit and then begin your precautionary 14 self-isolation period.  If you have a layover, you must remain in the airport or self isolate in your accommodation for the transit period.  Refer to the isolation guidance information sheet for further information.  If you have returned from a country or region that is at higher risk for COVID 19 , you may also be required to undergo enhanced health screening on arrival in Australia."  Pretty much no restrictions or guidance for those travelling internationally. 

On board we were reminded to all self isolate once we were home. Not because we were told that anyone was sick, but because of the state of the world. 

Most passengers had flights out the same day, but there were a few who were staying a day or two in hotels and travelling to another city for transportation overseas. Since everyone on board was expected to travel two days later or like me continuing on the very next cruise to Fiji..there were many over 2700 who had to change transportation plans. Most international travellers spent the day at the airport.

This was a point I was making several weeks ago when they brought the restrictions in, quarantining would have been better than self isolation once you arrive home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

quarantining would have been better than self isolation once you arrive home.

Well, finally happening, rather late but better late .......... fingers crossed the numbers begin to settle now!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

probably got onto the ship after that conference.

Are you saying there was a religious big wig on my March 8th sailing and that is why we were allowed to disembark without testing?  Wow..haven't seen that report.  Very interesting and so wrong.

Corona virus is at an unbelievable number in NY, especially the city and Long Island.  We have distancing and lock down, but so many young are breaking the distancing..not them..they won't get it.  Totally irresponsible.   Both areas are very densely populated.

Husband now at one week temperature..only symptom and praying that is it.  Doc said it could last 10/14 days.  His temp began when we got home on Friday, so he would have not been diagnosed even if we had our temperature taken. Whatever, allergic reaction he had from a bee sting in Napier is finally subsiding.

Here in US they are treating corona with antibiotic, even though it is viral.  Telling us also to use acetaminophen not Ibuprofen..something to do with congestion in lungs. However, for some only ibuprofen keeps temperature down.  Husband has been on amoxicillin 500mg 3x's a day since Saturday.  Just a heads..to stock up.  Still a shortage of masks in hospital facilities..and no testing since last week unless seriously ill or a health care worker.  

55 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Well, finally happening, rather late but better late .......... fingers crossed the numbers begin to settle now!!

Only if people follow the rules and unbelievable how many think not me..I'll be okay..I'm young.

4 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

Are you saying there was a religious big wig on my March 8th sailing and that is why we were allowed to disembark without testing?  Wow..haven't seen that report.  Very interesting and so wrong.

Corona virus is at an unbelievable number in NY, especially the city and Long Island.  We have distancing and lock down, but so many young are breaking the distancing..not them..they won't get it.  Totally irresponsible.   Both areas are very densely populated.

Husband now at one week temperature..only symptom and praying that is it.  Doc said it could last 10/14 days.  His temp began when we got home on Friday, so he would have not been diagnosed even if we had our temperature taken. Whatever, allergic reaction he had from a bee sting in Napier is finally subsiding.

Here in US they are treating corona with antibiotic, even though it is viral.  Telling us also to use acetaminophen not Ibuprofen..something to do with congestion in lungs. However, for some only ibuprofen keeps temperature down.  Husband has been on amoxicillin 500mg 3x's a day since Saturday.  Just a heads..to stock up.  Still a shortage of masks in hospital facilities..and no testing since last week unless seriously ill or a health care worker.  

Please do not 'stock up' on medications (or anything else) - that creates the situation of essential medicines not being available for those in immediate need.

3 hours ago, BRANDEE said:

Only if people follow the rules and unbelievable how many think not me..I'll be okay..I'm young.

Thanks for checking in.  Hope that your husband continues to manage his symptoms. 

Ive been searching for relevant tweets about a conference. I'm not getting far. Is there Federal involvement or State. I've washed my hands of NSW politicians after Ruby Fiasco. 

The rush to get hydroxychloroquine has meant that I'm not able to get my (long standing) script filled currently. Doctors and Dentists have been prescribing it to "people" so they could have it just in case, or even as prophylaxis. Completely ignoring the fact that people with auto immune issues actually need this drug and have been on it for years to prevent major organ failure. At least as of 24 March the Government has acted but right now across Australia supplies are out. I have maybe 3 weeks left so hopefully they will replenish. 🤞

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Thanks for checking in.  Hope that your husband continues to manage his symptoms. 

Ive been searching for relevant tweets about a conference. I'm not getting far. Is there Federal involvement or State. I've washed my hands of NSW politicians after Ruby Fiasco. 

@ronnisalt Previous post should have said @SandiHLogan

Edited by LittleFish1976
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Please do not 'stock up' on medications (or anything else) - that creates the situation of essential medicines not being available for those in immediate need.

I did not mean to hoard but having one bottle of tylenol could help.It may be unable to get it in a few weeks.  

1 minute ago, BRANDEE said:

I did not mean to hoard but having one bottle of tylenol could help.It may be unable to get it in a few weeks.  

Sorry if I misunderstood you. It sounded like you meant to get a few packets of amoxycillin just in case. Best of luck to your husband - I hear the 2nd  week can be the most challenging.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

@ronnisalt Previous post should have said @SandiHLogan

😞. I think I'd prefer it to be the result of incompetence rather than the potentials raised here. 

15 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Sorry if I misunderstood you. It sounded like you meant to get a few packets of amoxycillin just in case. Best of luck to your husband - I hear the 2nd  week can be the most challenging.

I understand..no problem.  Here in the US you can not get antibiotic without a perscription.  (well suppose to be that way).  So hoarding an antibiotic isn't as easy.  When we travel we always get our doctor to give us a perscription of antibiotic to take if we get sick..so luckily we have a full bottle of amoxicillin to use.  His doctor on Tuesday, doing a video doctor visit is quite unusual,prescribed cefuraoxine  .  They are saving the arithmo z pack for the seriously ill.

• Like 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8158251/COVID-19-Ruby-Princess-passenger-lied-board-fly-Europe.html

A British woman who complained of aches, pains and a 'shocking headache' after spending 12 days aboard the coronavirus-infected Ruby Princess flew from Sydney to London and on to her home in Spain in defiance of strict self-isolation rules aimed at slowing the spread of COVID-19.

Coral Guise-Smith, 65, travelled to Australia for the cruise of a lifetime, leaving Sydney's Circular Quay on Sunday, March 8 to sail across the Tasman Sea and stop at Wellington and Napier on New Zealand's North Island.

3 hours ago, icat2000 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8158251/COVID-19-Ruby-Princess-passenger-lied-board-fly-Europe.html

A British woman who complained of aches, pains and a 'shocking headache' after spending 12 days aboard the coronavirus-infected Ruby Princess flew from Sydney to London and on to her home in Spain in defiance of strict self-isolation rules aimed at slowing the spread of COVID-19.

Coral Guise-Smith, 65, travelled to Australia for the cruise of a lifetime, leaving Sydney's Circular Quay on Sunday, March 8 to sail across the Tasman Sea and stop at Wellington and Napier on New Zealand's North Island.

We all need to hope she just suffered from a really bad case of jet lag and back ache from flying so much. Her defiance of the restrictions is breath taking. I'm hoping her friends evaporate. 

9 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

What an absolute dick ( I think it's now okay to use that word publicly). You should not travel if you're unwell with anything. She could have had viral meningitis with those symptoms and spread that to other people.

3 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

I'm beginning to think that the only way I would start cruising again is if cruises were local only. Cruising in Australian waters with only Australians on board (by which I mean anyone who has been living in Australia) and not allowing people to fly in to join cruises.

Id agree with that in a sense. But even so there can't be a rule stopping people from other countries booking the cruise. And having done a couple now, I don't think I'd want to do any more just Aus coast trips. I was thinking of only doing small boat cruises of say 35 people. Europe has some fabulous itineraries. Oh wait......

6 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Are the crew sick? Where is Ruby right now? 

Still off Sydney, going nowhere since 19 March.  Reading the crew member reports it would appear many are sick.

• Thanks 1