P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

30 minutes ago, July morning said:

A quick question about the Air-fryers are they still being used or have they found a space in a cupboard?

I ask because I have been looking at them on line with thoughts of buying one but the choice is mind blowing! If I do get one is big better 🙄

I think it depends on which one you buy. We had a Philips one a while back, and it’s in the cupboard. Another one bought more recently though is used several times a week for all sorts of things. It’s as much an oven as an air fryer, so for us at least much more useful. Does a splendid rotisserie chicken too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Morning ,hope everyone's good😊

FB_IMG_1663871507982.jpg.adfd087c51544e2d478622dbd4c31d8a.jpg

I see the knights are drawing in now and we can now look forward to that time of year where we can lie back and relax ,next to a nice warm fire (if you can afford to run it ). Whilst listening to the whoosh and bangs of sky rockets and air bombs what seems like every two minuets .:classic_unsure: I have decided to join a carpenters evening class but  I haven't made anything yet 🎶We've only just begun 🎶😉

I'm sat chilling out reading the news papers  .A protester was taken into police custody earlier at London's O2 ahead of Roger Federer's farewell tennis match. Have you seen the photo's ? He set fire to his arm 😕The police have nicked him though. I think he  was arrested for possession of a firearm !  😁

Have a good day and take care :classic_love:

As well as 🤣 kalos, that’s a good post as it’s reminded me to remind the doggy owners, whose dogs hate fireworks, that now is a good time to at least try desensitising.  Dogs Trust have some good material online, to let you play whilst things are relaxed & potentially make hallowe’en and November 5th much less traumatic.  There’s more clips on YouTube too.  It’s worth a try.

Air fryers?  I bought a small one from Robert Dyas.  £40.  It’s still at the front of the cupboard, tho I’ve only recently got it.  Only tried it on McCain gourmet oven chips, which came up beautifully.  Trying roast potatoes tomorrow. I’ve cleaned my big oven and don’t intend using it again, unless I get invaded for Christmas.  The Remoska will cook a chicken or Sunday roast, lasagne, etc;  the slow cooker will do casseroles, curry, chilli.

Feeling fine after 🦠 booster yesterday - absolutely no discernible effect.  Hope it has a protective effect though.  
Hope Dave’s feeling a bit better

Have a good day, everyone 

• Like 12

49 minutes ago, July morning said:

A quick question about the Air-fryers are they still being used or have they found a space in a cupboard?

I ask because I have been looking at them on line with thoughts of buying one but the choice is mind blowing! If I do get one is big better 🙄

We still use our Ninja air fryer / multi cooker in our static caravan for convenience, cost and quality of cook. Maybe the early ones are stuck in cupboards because the modern ones do far more and much better. I was sceptical at first but not now.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

As well as 🤣 kalos, that’s a good post as it’s reminded me to remind the doggy owners, whose dogs hate fireworks, that now is a good time to at least try desensitising.  Dogs Trust have some good material online, to let you play whilst things are relaxed & potentially make hallowe’en and November 5th much less traumatic.  There’s more clips on YouTube too.  It’s worth a try.

Air fryers?  I bought a small one from Robert Dyas.  £40.  It’s still at the front of the cupboard, tho I’ve only recently got it.  Only tried it on McCain gourmet oven chips, which came up beautifully.  Trying roast potatoes tomorrow. I’ve cleaned my big oven and don’t intend using it again, unless I get invaded for Christmas.  The Remoska will cook a chicken or Sunday roast, lasagne, etc;  the slow cooker will do casseroles, curry, chilli.

Feeling fine after 🦠 booster yesterday - absolutely no discernible effect.  Hope it has a protective effect though.  
Hope Dave’s feeling a bit better

Have a good day, everyone 

I have my Autumn booster and flu jab booked for first week in October.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

That is my dear wife Pauline.

Presumably, maybe just from the angle the photo was taken, there is more than a passing resemblance to our ‘revered leader’. Apologies if she (or you) was offended by my observation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pete14 said:

No need to join the caravan club because our static caravans are not going to be clogging up roads and delaying traffic at all (once they are here). The clue is in the term ‘static’.
Our site is actually quite genteel apart from in the bar on Saturday night and I guess pension day would have been hectic when such a day for a visit to the Post Office existed. We got a bit excited yesterday at the sight of a rabbit near our caravan.
Being able to buy a van and to pay the annual site fees and other costs is a bit of a drawback though. Of course, what happens behind closed doors is another matter….. 🫣😱😵🥴😈

You have to be really careful though -- you meet some very odd people do you not 😉

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pete14 said:

We still use our Ninja air fryer / multi cooker in our static caravan for convenience, cost and quality of cook. Maybe the early ones are stuck in cupboards because the modern ones do far more and much better. I was sceptical at first but not now.

Same here -- we actually got one for the caravan at Mr and Mrs Pete's recommendation and it is fab. Have to say Mr Presto sees it as his new toy so I leave him to it. We sometimes cremate the food as it is so quick!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Presumably, maybe just from the angle the photo was taken, there is more than a passing resemblance to our ‘revered leader’. Apologies if she (or you) was offended by my observation. 

No problem Pete.

Pauline doesn't know I posted it.🤐

4 hours ago, July morning said:

We love our Ninja dual air fryer. There's only 2 of us and its adequate but think you'd struggle if a family. It does a 1.8 kg chicken beautifully but nothing bigger. My DH is cooking a nandos style one right now. Fajitas are fab too. Also breaded fish, frozen chips, broccoli, asparagus are excellent although ive never managed to make a good jacket potato in it. We hardly use our oven now. Had it since early this year. Use most days. 

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

That is my dear wife Pauline.

Not being creepy, but Pauline is a lot prettier than La Truss.  However, one rather mean thing than some cartoonists portray her is as having a large bottom, which she doesn't have. (Truss, not Pauline).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Not being creepy, but Pauline is a lot prettier than La Truss.  However, one rather mean thing than some cartoonists portray her is as having a large bottom, which she doesn't have. (Truss, not Pauline).

Thank you @lincslady.

I absolutely agree with you.

Pauline is lovely natured and pretty.

Graham.

• Like 3

Can I please ask a question which I do not want to start a thread for?  We are due to sail to the Caribbean round trip on Aurora in November/December, but it is possible that DH will need to be on injections by then as part of a medical treatment.  I am wondering whether anyone needing injections has been able to take the Medication on a cruise and have it administered by the onboard medical staff?  I am not sure if that would be acceptable to his doctors, but there is no point asking about that if it is something which would not be considered on the ship.  Perhaps my idea is a bit daft, but I would be interested if anyone has had experience of this.  Sorry to interfere with a good conversation, which I do not usually take part in.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, tring said:

Can I please ask a question which I do not want to start a thread for?  We are due to sail to the Caribbean round trip on Aurora in November/December, but it is possible that DH will need to be on injections by then as part of a medical treatment.  I am wondering whether anyone needing injections has been able to take the Medication on a cruise and have it administered by the onboard medical staff?  I am not sure if that would be acceptable to his doctors, but there is no point asking about that if it is something which would not be considered on the ship.  Perhaps my idea is a bit daft, but I would be interested if anyone has had experience of this.  Sorry to interfere with a good conversation, which I do not usually take part in.

Would your husband's doctor's be able to show you or even your husband how to do the injections?

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Would your husband's doctor's be able to show you or even your husband how to do the injections?

I have actually given injections in my younger days as I nursed for a while, but left before I took State and pursued a career in laboratories, so never became a qualified nurse.  I have been thinking about my idea though and feel it is going to be a no go as not just regular injections, (which he would previously been having), but part of a hospital treatment that would be moving on a stage, so may require monitoring and perhaps have side effects.

My position is that I would prefer to cancel the holiday as I do not want it to risk delaying any treatment and we could get 40% of the cost back if we do so before the end of next week, (not that the cash is an issue), but DH wants to go ahead with that holiday.  We are actually off on Aurora for 23 nights from next week, but that is OK as he is starting on tablets and has been given two months supply, with their blessing to head off on holiday, though a nurse will be ringing on Tuesday to check on him, before we go on Wednesday.  He has a clinic apt the day before we would travel to Southampton for the cruise, so leaving it a bit tight to alter our plans by then.  I am hoping DH will discus the situation with the nurse on Tuesday, as she is obviously very senior in the team so will have a good idea what would be decided at clinic, though a pending result will likely affect that.

Edited by tring
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, tring said:

I have actually given injections in my younger days as I nursed for a while, but left before I took State and pursued a career in laboratories, so never became a qualified nurse.  I have been thinking about my idea though and feel it is going to be a no go as not just regular injections, (which he would previously been having), but part of a hospital treatment that would be moving on a stage, so may require monitoring and perhaps have side effects.

My position is that I would prefer to cancel the holiday as I do not want it to risk delaying any treatment and we could get 40% of the cost back if we do so before the end of next week, (not that the cash is an issue), but DH wants to go ahead with that holiday.  We are actually off on Aurora for 23 nights from next week, but that is OK as he is starting on tablets and has been given two months supply, with their blessing to head off on holiday, though a nurse will be ringing on Tuesday to check on him, before we go on Wednesday.  He has a clinic apt the day before we would travel to Southampton for the cruise, so leaving it a bit tight to alter our plans by then.  I am hoping DH will discus the situation with the nurse on Tuesday, as she is obviously very senior in the team so will have a good idea what would be decided at clinic, though a pending result will likely affect that.

Sending you our prayers 🙏 for whatever you decide to do.

I think a good chat with his doctor's with a list of questions would help you both decide the best course of action to take regarding your cruise.

I think if you need medical assistance for his injections I would speak to the cruise line ASAP to see if their on board medical team are capable and able to do what is required.

Very best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I think a good chat with his doctor's with a list of questions would help you both decide the best course of action to take regarding your cruise.

I think if you need medical assistance for his injections I would speak to the cruise line ASAP to see if their on board medical team are capable and able to do what is required.

Very best wishes.

Graham.

Good advice . Last year almost to the day my Mrs had just had a major operation and on release from hospital she had to have 10 0r 15  anti blood clotting injections (1 per day ). 

A nurse was sent upon to the ward and showed the Mrs how to administer the jab, nurse saw her do one and said  "your good to go". 

If I was Trings hubby ,I would be upfront about the injection and see if they are happy him or Tring doing the injections whilst away . I guess it's going to be a hell of a lot less hassle and cheaper than involving the ships medical staff .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good advice . Last year almost to the day my Mrs had just had a major operation and on release from hospital she had to have 10 0r 15  anti blood clotting injections (1 per day ). 

A nurse was sent upon to the ward and showed the Mrs how to administer the jab, nurse saw her do one and said  "your good to go". 

If I was Trings hubby ,I would be upfront about the injection and see if they are happy him or Tring doing the injections whilst away . I guess it's going to be a hell of a lot less hassle and cheaper than involving the ships medical staff .

Great advice Kalos.

I hope your dear wife's health is excellent now and you are well too.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Very best wishes.

Graham.

Thank you, yes you are quite right.  We have just had a good chat over dinner and he will ask the nurse on Tuesday if there is any chance going off in Nov/Dec will cause a delay.  It may well not do so, given the backlog now.  This is a combination of me worrying, possibly unduly and him being a bit blase 🙂

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, kalos said:

Thanks for your thoughts as well, looks like that happens more than I would have thought.

I too hope all is well with both of you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1