P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I do believe it is law at the coast to eat a meal containing fish,so in support of the trawler men🙂

20220926_162539.thumb.jpg.244c3ad5e3b19c03de559f698d4ea13d.jpg

Just to let Wowzz know there wasn't  a shortage.. 👍

20220926_160833.thumb.jpg.cbaddcbfdd6aa670460027ca6beeb80d.jpg

And here's a photo that I think @zapp would like 😁

20220926_163959.thumb.jpg.b8941635739b4683ef5eb298a5b7f8bb.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 9

This is the text that our team captain had just sent to our bowling team

Just to let you know
No other Saturday mixed team from any division as far as I can check back as ever remained unbeaten all season as been a gr8 season hopefully will see you all next year have a gr8 winter

We obviously knew that we had won all of our games but I don't think that any of us knew what a rare achievement it was, we just bowl for fun.

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

This is the text that our team captain had just sent to our bowling team

Just to let you know
No other Saturday mixed team from any division as far as I can check back as ever remained unbeaten all season as been a gr8 season hopefully will see you all next year have a gr8 winter

We obviously knew that we had won all of our games but I don't think that any of us knew what a rare achievement it was, we just bowl for fun.

Well done to you and all your team members. Presumably you even won on the ‘dodgy’ green near us. 🥇🌟

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

I do believe it is law at the coast to eat a meal containing fish,so in support of the trawler men🙂

That's reight fish and chips, wi mushy peys, non o'this sprigs of parsley or water cress, I can forgive the lemon as mrs YP likes it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Looks great,I do love tartare sauce nowdays.

Tartare what? Our chippy only does curry sauce, gravy and mushy peas. Lemon comes in a tin with carbonated water and sugar / sweeteners.

For a change, their steak puddings, fresh out of the steamer, are excellent as well, with no sauce required. Picture to follow next time I have one (may be a while).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

Well done to you and all your team members. Presumably you even won on the ‘dodgy’ green near us. 🥇🌟

We did win on the rubbish green near to you in the over 60's league but they play in a lower division on Saturdays  our Saturday team is in the first division.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

That's reight fish and chips, wi mushy peys, non o'this sprigs of parsley or water cress, I can forgive the lemon as mrs YP likes it.

Where we often eat on Fridays my husband always asks them to leave the salad off his plate because he doesn't  think that salad should spoil good fish, chips and mushy peas.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Where we often eat on Fridays my husband always asks them to leave the salad off his plate because he doesn't  think that salad should spoil good fish, chips and mushy peas.

Obviously a very sensible man with good taste.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, pete14 said:

Tartare what? Our chippy only does curry sauce, gravy and mushy peas. Lemon comes in a tin with carbonated water and sugar / sweeteners.

For a change, their steak puddings, fresh out of the steamer, are excellent as well, with no sauce required. Picture to follow next time I have one (may be a while).

Curry sauce maybe but gravy on fish and chips,can't get my head round that one.

• Like 6

A other wet, misery day here in Stoke.  I can just imagine how many people will whinge about having to come out for their vaccines when it is raining.  DH is coming in for his autumn booster and flu jabs this afternoon so I have said that I will only work until 4 o'clock so that he won't need to walk home.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I can't imagine having any sauce except  tartare on fish and chips.  What is the point of having crisp batter to eat and then covering it with something to uncrisp it?  And what 'flavour' of gravy - beef, chicken?  Seems a strange idea to me.

The strangest chippy I ever went Into was Bill Haleys. I asked what do you do? They said they only do "Hake,Haddock and Sole" 😁

Have a good day everyone 👍🥰

• Haha 10

48 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I can't imagine having any sauce except  tartare on fish and chips.  What is the point of having crisp batter to eat and then covering it with something to uncrisp it?  And what 'flavour' of gravy - beef, chicken?  Seems a strange idea to me.

I'm a tomato ketchup aficionado with fish and chips. 

My wife thinks I'm common !

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I'm a tomato ketchup aficionado with fish and chips. 

My wife thinks I'm common !

Nothing common about that, although I can tolerate tartare, I draw the line at curry or gravy,  but tomato ketchup just adds that little bit of glamour to fish and chips.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

What is the point of having crisp batter to eat and then covering it with something to uncrisp it?  

Exactly why I would never have fish and chips wrapped up, if we go to our local chippy then we sit on the wall and eat them while the batter is crisp, no soggy batter for us, its just not reight.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, kalos said:

Nice to see 'real' mushy peas on a plate kalos😋and not those dry green lumpy things in a little pot.

I hope both you and Mrs K are having a lovely break.

Avril

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1