P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good morning.

It is partly sunny and 8°C here in County Durham.

Nothing planned for today hopefully just a lazy day watching TV.

Sorry to hear so many not sleeping well.

The light morning's wake us up early.

I hope everyone has a happy day.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Oh dear, looks like I'm bringing it with me as I go east then!

You never know it may stay dry until Dutch Decoy as run his race .

Here's a bit of racing trivia for you .🙂

You're being chased by a Lion, you're on a horse and to the left of you is a Giraffe

and on the right a unicorn what do you do?

🙃  You stop drinking and get off the Carousel??🙃

Highlight above to reveal answer ? 

Have a good day everyone .😀

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Good morning all, I’d like to request a one day pass for the wide awake club! Our dog Teddy accidentally brought a tiny slug into the house last night (we think that it stuck to a paw) & that was enough for our son to make a fuss & refuse to let him sleep in his bedroom. Ted slept on our bed & loves a snuggle so he was either pushed up against me or Michelle all night causing a very restless night’s sleep. I was awake at 4:30am & realised our son’s bedroom light was on so I went to switch that off then couldn’t get back to sleep. I had to be up at 5:30am anyway for my latest trip to London & it’s been a long day already. Looking forward to getting home around 9pm tonight!

We watched the Queen Anne arrival & a few vlogs showing the club class balcony cabins. The ship looks fantastic & we’d love to sail on her one day. 

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 13

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Good morning all, I’d like to request a one day pass for the wide awake club! Our dog Teddy accidentally brought a tiny slug into the house last night (we think that it stuck to a paw) & that was enough for our son to make a fuss & refuse to let him sleep in his bedroom. Ted slept on our bed & loves a snuggle so he was either pushed up against me or Michelle all night causing a very restless night’s sleep. I was awake at 4:30am & realised our son’s bedroom light was on so I went to switch that off then couldn’t get back to sleep. I had to be up at 5:30am anyway for my latest trip to London & it’s been a long day already. Looking forward to getting home around 9pm tonight!

We watched the Queen Anne arrival & a few vlogs showing the club class balcony cabins. The ship looks fantastic & we’d love to sail on her one day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec86Q_aND9k&pp=ygUdUGF1bCBhbmQgQ2Fyb2wgbG92ZSB0byB0cmF2ZWw%3D

Edited by DamianG
  • Thanks 1

It’s been raining here most of the night stopped now didn’t hear any thunder, have to take the grandkids to school daughter still got a bad back.

have a good day everyone.

• Like 9

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok this morning.

Sorry to hear that sone of you have been awake ages. I have nights like those too then the next night I sleep really well. Hubby got up early this morning then didn’t switch his alarm off in our bedroom so I got woken up too!! Grrrrr

Hubby has a check up at the wound clinic this morning then I need to go shopping for my mum. It is forecast 19 degrees here today so hopefully I will be sat out in the garden later.

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Same here but a pet hate of mine and most floggers do it ..

Take your shoes off if stepping into the shower 🤬It's a  brand new ship .

Do they all march around their showers at home in outdoor footwear ? 

• Like 6

Morning  to you all.

After a nice day yesterday, it's back to being dull, overcast and rainy and not expected to warm up much either - expected temp 13c.

I was still awake at 2am and then woke at 5am. Got a busy day today.

Got to hubby to hospital in Redruth this afternoon. Then going to the theatre in Truro this evening.

Enjoy your day.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, kalos said:

Same here but a pet hate of mine and most floggers do it ..

Take your shoes off if stepping into the shower 🤬It's a  brand new ship .

Do they all march around their showers at home in outdoor footwear ? 

Ha! I said exactly the same!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Oh dear, looks like I'm bringing it with me as I go east then!

Just put your foot down going thru Essex.

• Haha 3

Good morning everyone I hope you are all well , it’s a bit grey here this morning and been raining through the night , sorry to read so many not getting a good nights sleep but I think we all have nights like that for some unknown reasons, I can be awake all night sometimes, just don’t feel tired and then another night I can sleep very well and not hear anything. 
While we were watching Queen Anne arrive on Tuesday  I took some photos of the lower extended balconies for anyone interested, some at the front and some at the back the balconies looked long and part of it shaded / protected from onlookers from above maybe one day il get to see inside 😃.

• Like 7

Just now, Purdey16 said:

Good morning everyone I hope you are all well , it’s a bit grey here this morning and been raining through the night , sorry to read so many not getting a good nights sleep but I think we all have nights like that for some unknown reasons, I can be awake all night sometimes, just don’t feel tired and then another night I can sleep very well and not hear anything. 
While we were watching Queen Anne arrive on Tuesday  I took some photos of the lower extended balconies for anyone interested, some at the front and some at the back the balconies looked long and part of it shaded / protected from onlookers from above maybe one day il get to see inside 😃.

IMG_5736.jpeg

IMG_5739.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Well that's that all done and dusted.    Most of the Christmas shopping done!!!!😂    (better put me tin 'at on)

We are not a large family.  A few years ago I bought one of my daughters,  and the grandchildren and their partners a  trip to London,or part of it, for Christmas.  They had a whale of a time but mostly they said it was family time and everyone really felt bonded.

We all spoke and everyone said.they would like to repeat it, so they asked for no birthday or Christmas presents but a treat.  So now its a weekend or night away all together and they love planning it, and last years was a blast at Disney Paris.  (they added some)

So today I transferred the pennies ready for them to plan.  It was one of the best ideas we have ever had.  So much enjoyment for them and no worrying for me over presents.

I admit to buying  a few silly bits at Christmas, some from the Pound Shop, as I cannot bear them not having a parcel from me to open!😃

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 12

7 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Well that's that all done and dusted.    Most of the Christmas shopping done!!!!😂    (better put me tin 'at on)

We are not a large family.  A few years ago I bought one of my daughters,  and the grandchildren and their partners a  trip to London,or part of it, for Christmas.  They had a whale of a time but mostly they said it was family time and everyone really felt bonded.

We all spoke and everyone said.they would like to repeat it, so they asked for no birthday or Christmas presents but a treat.  So now its a weekend or night away all together and they love planning it, and last years was a blast at Disney Paris.  (they added some)

So today I transferred the pennies ready for them to plan.  It was one of the best ideas we have ever had.  So much enjoyment for them and no worrying for me over presents.

I admit to buying  a few silly bits at Christmas, some from the Pound Shop, as I cannot bear them not having a parcel from me to open!😃

Well done you indianna forward planning and doing something you all like and worthwhile to make memories.

• Like 4

Well I’ve just been cheered up I received a parcel this morning all in a leather case , my flight tickets all the hotel pick up tickets and transfers and leather luggage tags !! and all the emergencies numbers I need to contact my travel agent, I thought all this stopped but it is our first fly cruise so maybe it’s normal for you all that do these , think I’m getting a bit excited now , just a bit confused on our luggage situation as going out with Qatar airways allowance just shows 25kg, but on return with British Airways it’s 23kg, 1 cabin bag, 1 handbag , 

that’s my worry for today, will I be allowed to take my cabin bag and hand bag on the Qatar flight or do I have to pay extra to take that on ?. 

• Like 4

Cloudy here too, no thunder though. Off to Truro this afternoon for a cystoscopy (joy) already had an ultra sound all clear kidneys etc, no symptoms, but blood showing in urine when tested,😩. Watched Queen Anne come in on the IW webcams, not quite the same as rushing to Cowes after work like we did for Oriana with my Mum, but still exciting. Have a good day everyone. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

That is such a nice idea and something for everyone to remember.

I am not as organised as you but I have been putting money away every month to pay for Christmas. Having eight grandchildren doesn’t come cheap!!

Michelle

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

Cloudy here too, no thunder though. Off to Truro this afternoon for a cystoscopy (joy) already had an ultra sound all clear kidneys etc, no symptoms, but blood showing in urine when tested,😩. Watched Queen Anne come in on the IW webcams, not quite the same as rushing to Cowes after work like we did for Oriana with my Mum, but still exciting. Have a good day everyone. 

Sending a prayer and good wishes for your cystoscopy today.

• Like 4

Morning all

Best wishes for all with hospital appointments today

We’ve been to vote, so I thought I’d do a *Dogs at Polling Stations* picture.  Excuse the state of her - the polling station is the cricket club so she had a good run around the (wet) cricket field before we went in.

15BF40A6-1885-4AAE-A585-EDB0BFBE9C53.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

We’ve been to vote, 

15BF40A6-1885-4AAE-A585-EDB0BFBE9C53.jpeg

Did not realize that dogs could vote as well 🙃

Edited by kalos
  • Haha 6

40 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

Wishing you well.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Well I’ve just been cheered up I received a parcel this morning all in a leather case , my flight tickets all the hotel pick up tickets and transfers and leather luggage tags !! and all the emergencies numbers I need to contact my travel agent, I thought all this stopped but it is our first fly cruise so maybe it’s normal for you all that do these , think I’m getting a bit excited now , just a bit confused on our luggage situation as going out with Qatar airways allowance just shows 25kg, but on return with British Airways it’s 23kg, 1 cabin bag, 1 handbag , 

that’s my worry for today, will I be allowed to take my cabin bag and hand bag on the Qatar flight or do I have to pay extra to take that on ?. 

Qatar,1 cabin bag max 7kg and also 1 personal item like handbag allowed.Just googled it.Brian.

• Thanks 1

Just read that Ingar the lady captain we had on QE is now in charge of QA.She's OK, she waited in person with trays of fizz when our tour bus was 4 hrs late in Sri Lanka.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, purplesea said:

Got to hubby to hospital in Redruth this afternoon. Then going to the theatre in Truro this evening.

Enjoy your day.

1 hour ago, Caullkhead said:

Off to Truro this afternoon for a cystoscopy (joy) already had an ultra sound all clear kidneys etc, no symptoms, but blood showing in urine when tested,😩. . Have a good day everyone. 

Hope all goes well for both of you 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, brian1 said:

Just read that Ingar the lady captain we had on QE is now in charge of QA.She's OK, she waited in person with trays of fizz when our tour bus was 4 hrs late in Sri Lanka.

I love her.  She was on QV with us for a deck party with her family and was the life and soul.  The next morning QV broke down and we limped to Cadiz for repairs. She made an announcement that the lady drivers comments she'd heard around the ship would require any gentlemen so doing to walk the plank.

• Like 5