P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Curry sauce maybe but gravy on fish and chips,can't get my head round that one.

Not even the curry sauce, bro😲 The only addition to fish, chips and 'real' mushy peas is salt, vinegar and/or tartare sauce. Curry is for rice.

Sis

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Not even the curry sauce, bro😲 The only addition to fish, chips and 'real' mushy peas is salt, vinegar and/or tartare sauce. Curry is for rice.

Sis

I agree sis,I was just being polite.Curry sauce on fish no way,bro.PS my Mrs likes the Chinese curry sauce on chips sometimes.

46 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I wouldn't say common but I might say strange, tomato ketchup is i n my opinion the devil's creation, why ruin perfectly good food with it.

Tomatoes are the mainstay of mediterranean cooking, which is considered to be far  healthier than ours. So adding a little ketchup here and there is not only colourful, but good for you as well.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Curry sauce maybe but gravy on fish and chips,can't get my head round that one.

Don't knock it until you've tried it! I was always a fish, chips & curry sauce devotee, but Mrs RR introduced me to the delights of fish, chips, peas & gravy. I'll admit to being sceptical but, after all Northern boys love gravy and it works!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red Ray said:

Don't knock it until you've tried it! I was always a fish, chips & curry sauce devotee, but Mrs RR introduced me to the delights of fish, chips, peas & gravy. I'll admit to being sceptical but, after all Northern boys love gravy and it works!

OK,only if you try our pie and mash with liquor and lashings of chillie vinegar.My Dad came from East London and my Mum from Yorkshire,as a kid after Sunday roast we'd have a big Yorky pud with strawberry jam.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, brian1 said:

OK,only if you try our pie and mash with liquor and lashings of chillie vinegar.My Dad came from East London and my Mum from Yorkshire,as a kid after Sunday roast we'd have a big Yorky pud with strawberry jam.

My daughter serves individual Yorkshire puddings with a dollop of jam and ice cream. I've never tried it, but they love it.

Sis

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Brian, I have had pie (in fact double pie!) mash & liquor in an establishment near the Cutty Sark about 3 years ago - and very tasty it was too!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Red Ray said:

Brian, I have had pie (in fact double pie!) mash & liquor in an establishment near the Cutty Sark about 3 years ago - and very tasty it was too!!

Looks like next time I'm oop North I've gonna have to try gravy and fish n chips,lol.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

My daughter serves individual Yorkshire puddings with a dollop of jam and ice cream. I've never tried it, but they love it.

Sis

Haven't had it since I was a kid,bit dry for me,didn't fancy custard on it,lol,bro.

1 hour ago, tring said:

Packing today to fly out to Azura on Thursday and not got anything in cases yet, just sorted out some things.  We leave for an airport hotel tomorrow and still lots to do, so a busy day, but for a good reason 🙂

Have a great cruise Barbara and Alan, we will be off down to Southampton Friday to board Virtuoso Sat.

• Like 7

I finally admitted defeat this afternoon  I know that the weather was bad but it isn't my fault that people had to come for their vaccine in the rain.  I was so fed up of people complaining that they had had to come out in the rain for their vaccine appointment and yelling because we don't  have have a selection of vaccines for them to choose from that when DH came in for his jab I gave him my car keys and told him to sit in the car for 10 minutes then I finished booking in the people already in the queue and put my coat on and came home early.  I am seriously thinking of giving up the vaccine volunteering, the moaning today was more than enough.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Sis

My sister has Yorkshire puddings for a dessert because she says it is similar to having pancakes but cooked in the oven instead of a frying pan.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I finally admitted defeat this afternoon  I know that the weather was bad but it isn't my fault that people had to come for their vaccine in the rain.  I was so fed up of people complaining that they had had to come out in the rain for their vaccine appointment and yelling because we don't  have have a selection of vaccines for them to choose from that when DH came in for his jab I gave him my car keys and told him to sit in the car for 10 minutes then I finished booking in the people already in the queue and put my coat on and came home early.  I am seriously thinking of giving up the vaccine volunteering, the moaning today was more than enough.

Please don't give it up, Josy - the vast majority of people are very grateful for all the hard work you and the other volunteers are doing.  My wife witnessed a similar outburst from an elderly 'gentleman' in our surgery this morning - furious because being on holiday had caused him to miss the text calling him up for his jabs.  He was given an appointment for November but wasn't happy with that, and wasn't prepared to drive the sports car he'd parked outside all of 7 miles to a nearby vaccination centre, which would have fitted him in today!

The sense of entitlement in some people is incredible, and the craziness of attacking the very people trying to help them defies any logic.  Certain newspapers are responsible for these attacks on doctors and other medical staff, because they seek to damage the NHS.  What happened to all the clapping and cheering?

• Like 17

5 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Have a great cruise Barbara and Alan, we will be off down to Southampton Friday to board Virtuoso Sat.

MSC, sounds interesting, hope you enjoy that as well as the Arcadia you have coming up in November.

We have been told there is no foreseeable problem going off on Aurora in November as well as our forthcoming cruise.  Injections may not be required anyway and other treatment would not start for three months anyway.  Other tests come back clear, so all looking fine.

Barbara

• Like 7

Tonight's meal does contain gravy on chips but on a nice own made proper steak pie🥰

I must point out I scoffed the lot and it was proper thick gravy,non of that dish water stuff 😋 

20220927_162654.thumb.jpg.7eeda6097ca6c87cbc3d61bb0c6331f9.jpg20220927_162639.thumb.jpg.a6ca8f1dc7df197248dd5b15a6680d70.jpg

AS T-REX said "Get It On"👍💕💕💕

20220927_162721.thumb.jpg.14139f63968a5eef2ba0335979e52380.jpg

Edited by kalos
  • Like 12

7 hours ago, tring said:

Packing today to fly out to Azura on Thursday and not got anything in cases yet, just sorted out some things.  We leave for an airport hotel tomorrow and still lots to do, so a busy day, but for a good reason 🙂

Hope you have a lovely cruise.  Please let us have your thoughts on the ship - I will be on it in November.   The weather should still be good - I was in Rhodes last week and it was hot. 😎☀️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Please don't give it up, Josy - the vast majority of people are very grateful for all the hard work you and the other volunteers are doing.  My wife witnessed a similar outburst from an elderly 'gentleman' in our surgery this morning - furious because being on holiday had caused him to miss the text calling him up for his jabs.  He was given an appointment for November but wasn't happy with that, and wasn't prepared to drive the sports car he'd parked outside all of 7 miles to a nearby vaccination centre, which would have fitted him in today!

The sense of entitlement in some people is incredible, and the craziness of attacking the very people trying to help them defies any logic.  Certain newspapers are responsible for these attacks on doctors and other medical staff, because they seek to damage the NHS.  What happened to all the clapping and cheering?

To be honest Harry I have difficulty understanding why anyone wants to abuse, verbally or physically, anyone regardless who they are but especially NHS workers who can't really retaliate.  At least as volunteers we can choose whether or not to continue taking it.  I have several doctors and nurses in my family and I know that I could not do their jobs.

• Like 11