P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It is sunny and 13°C now after heavy rain this morning.

We called to the beach and we each got some chips then ice cream.

IMG_20230330_120622.jpg

IMG-20230330-WA0000.jpg

Proper chips overlooking  a proper beach . . .  very nice 😋😋

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

The bags are packed and we are ready to go.

My sister call to drop off my birthday present which she told me to open because she was thinking of us cruising and purchased something useful to take with me, a shopping bag and an umbrella .

i am hoping that I dont need the umbrella and DH told her that she should not buy shopping bags because that is  encouraging  me to look in shops and he hates  shopping on holiday

He did say that he agreed with the wording on them 🤣

20230330_113221.thumb.jpg.92b0a03e5e231c8df128f3e8d6058b12.jpg

Have a love cruise.

21 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Are you off on Iona ?

Unconfirmed reports are that she will be docking a little late on Saturday.  Might be worth checking nearer the time

Interesting. The captain said this morning that he's made excellent progress since leaving Lisbon yesterday and we have a tail wind, so we shall see.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Are you off on Iona ?

Unconfirmed reports are that she will be docking a little late on Saturday.  Might be worth checking nearer the time

Sky Princess came in early, missing her last 2 ports to avoid the stormy weather.

7 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Interesting. The captain said this morning that he's made excellent progress since leaving Lisbon yesterday and we have a tail wind, so we shall see.

I did say the reports were unconfirmed.

The weather forecast for tomorrow is awful, which is why Sky decided to make a run for Southampton and arrive a day early. I wonder why Iona did not do the same. 

57 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

My sister call to drop off my birthday present which she told me to open because she was thinking of us cruising and purchased something useful to take with me, a shopping bag and an umbrella .

i am hoping that I dont need the umbrella and DH told her that she should not buy shopping bags because that is  encouraging  me to look in shops and he hates  shopping on holiday

I'm sure you won't need either. Have a great time.

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Lovely gift Josy. Enjoy your cruise and have a very happy birthday. Jane x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is sunny and 13°C now after heavy rain this morning.

We called to the beach and we each got some chips then ice cream.

IMG_20230330_120622.jpg

IMG-20230330-WA0000.jpg

Hope the weather continues to be good by you, we are in Whitley Bay this weekend visiting Grandchildren so we are praying for good weather so we can get out & about with them

Michelle

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Hope the weather continues to be good by you, we are in Whitley Bay this weekend visiting Grandchildren so we are praying for good weather so we can get out & about with them

Michelle

I hope you manage to get out with the grandchildren in some decent weather.

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

I did say the reports were unconfirmed.

The weather forecast for tomorrow is awful, which is why Sky decided to make a run for Southampton and arrive a day early. I wonder why Iona did not do the same. 

I meant it quite literally when I said ‘interesting’.  As in, the Captain reporting the positives whilst still urging caution around the ship when reporting that conditions will deteriorate (my word not his, he spoke of increase of swell etc).  I guess he has a decision to make about how much to “share” for not wishing to worry people.  I had a full lunch today thinking that it just might be the last time I leave my Iona (mid ship) cabin until Southampton! 

When you first reported the news about Sky Princess missing ports to dock in Southampton 2 mornings ago, I did wonder why we weren’t doing the same and said I hoped it wasn’t because of Gary Barlow being due on board.  DH assured me that the Captain would not have included that in his decision making.  Hmmmm 🙄 ….. 🤞

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I meant it quite literally when I said ‘interesting’.  As in, the Captain reporting the positives whilst still urging caution around the ship when reporting that conditions will deteriorate (my word not his, he spoke of increase of swell etc).  I guess he has a decision to make about how much to “share” for not wishing to worry people.  I had a full lunch today thinking that it just might be the last time I leave my Iona (mid ship) cabin until Southampton! 

When you first reported the news about Sky Princess missing ports to dock in Southampton 2 mornings ago, I did wonder why we weren’t doing the same and said I hoped it wasn’t because of Gary Barlow being due on board.  DH assured me that the Captain would not have included that in his decision making.  Hmmmm 🙄 ….. 🤞

Force 9 gales tonight waiting for you !