P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

18 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Morning Jane.

We were both sun worshippers until we got basal cell skin cancers now we avoid the sun.

It has always been the humidity indoors that I don't like.

It is sunny and 18°C at the moment.

I hope you and all my friends on here are safe and well.

Graham xx

After getting bccs I now cover up in the sun, sit in the shade if possible and always wear a cap or brimmed hat when outside, I have never been a sun worshipper though. The trouble is I get so hot and sweaty when gardening or going out in the sun wearing a hat, long trousers and long sleeve shirt (my fault as I can’t be bothered to sun cream up on my arms and legs!). We were on Arcadia recently and there weren’t many outside shaded areas, the port side of the covered rear pool area is given over as a smoking area.

Already 21c here but cloudy, was surprisingly woken by the pitter patter of light rain at 7am.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Indeed  and asking us to believe it was 32 deg in Sunderland is really stretching reality. 😉😇

• Indeed - even in Glasgow!  Photo taken in my garden 5 minutes ago.  Unbelievable after the rubbish couple of months we’ve had.  Long may it last.  

IMG_0125.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

After getting bccs I now cover up in the sun, sit in the shade if possible and always wear a cap or brimmed hat when outside, I have never been a sun worshipper though. The trouble is I get so hot and sweaty when gardening or going out in the sun wearing a hat, long trousers and long sleeve shirt (my fault as I can’t be bothered to sun cream up on my arms and legs!). We were on Arcadia recently and there weren’t many outside shaded areas, the port side of the covered rear pool area is given over as a smoking area.

Already 21c here but cloudy, was surprisingly woken by the pitter patter of light rain at 7am.

When we were on Iona I posted lots of pictures  of chairs,sunbeds etc in the shade on several decks which was a big bonus for us who don't like being in the sun for any length of time.

• Like 2

It's a funny old world. Here we are in the South of France in a pleasant 26c. All you poor folk back home wilting in the heat. We get home on Saturday and the forecast is 32c. Strange times. Look what the Romans did for us.🤣

20230907_112129.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

It's a funny old world. Here we are in the South of France in a pleasant 26c. All you poor folk back home wilting in the heat. We get home on Saturday and the forecast is 32c. Strange times. Look what the Romans did for us.🤣

20230907_112129.jpg

Pont du Gard been a good few years since I was there, the river had water in it then. Have you been to nearby Avignon, and the Pont de Avignon, the song/nursery rhyme which takes me back to French Lessons in my school days when we had to memorise the words. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Pont du Gard been a good few years since I was there, the river had water in it then. Have you been to nearby Avignon, and the Pont de Avignon, the song/nursery rhyme which takes me back to French Lessons in my school days when we had to memorise the words. 

There was a decent amount of water in the river. I didn't photograph that...to protect  the Ladies modesty. Avignon at the moment, but we are giving the dancing a miss.🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Our neighbour is washing his cars again after only doing them yesterday evening, the light rain earlier has brought the ‘Sahara’ dust down and they are dirtier than before he cleaned them. Fortunately our car is garaged.

We had heavy rain yesterday,luckily no sand.The Sahara is just the other side of the Med from us and we normally get loads of sand on our car.

• Like 9

Another sunny day today, the weather has been amazing this week. 

While the sun is shining the autumn tasks still need doing. We purchased a new machine for pulping down tree pruning etc.. We have to pay for garden waste collection ( in addition to high local tax)  so getting the bulk down helps.

The sunny days are a real bonus but it’s still dark by about 8.15 at night now.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, pete14 said:

Here in normally sunny North Wales it is warm, very humid but little sign of the sun. We have already had a couple of rain showers which we hadn’t been expecting. 

Oh dear, what a shame --- sorry to brag but it has been very sunny here in Stoke on Trent. Been inside all day, and it was like a sauna, so we were hoping Wales would be cooler. Woke up this morning to all the cars etc covered in Sahara sand --- glad we didn't clean and polish the cars last night !!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Oh dear, what a shame --- sorry to brag but it has been very sunny here in Stoke on Trent. Been inside all day, and it was like a sauna,

received_616321627372427.thumb.jpeg.0cb23ec5f991a5442348d0229735f858.jpeg

🤣😆😉

• Haha 9

Good morning everyone in hot sweaty uk , hope you’re all keeping safe and cool.

Yesterday we were in Barcelona  we got of the ship at 8.30 and the temperature was ok first thing, we walked many miles today along las Ramblers and a trip into the Boquirea market which was a slight and wonderful smell experience, we then started to walk to the gothic part of the city and further on but for some reason my heal was very sore and getting more and more painful as the day went on so we decided to go back to the market and have some lunch there which was good. The weather was getting quite hot now and I was happy my husband brought my fan , some pictures of the market offerings. Tonight’s dinner was a little disappointing only because of what I chose because my husband’s was fine , he had chicken pot pie and I had liver & onions , but the best thing was we had lots of dolphins swimming by as we sat and had dinner. 
All the evening shows have been good in the theatre so far and even our cruise director Dan  can certainly bang out an opera song . 
Some pics of the market and a little health & safety one . 

IMG_4035.jpeg

IMG_4036.jpeg

IMG_4039.jpeg

IMG_4040.jpeg

IMG_4042.jpeg

IMG_4043.jpeg

IMG_4044.jpeg

IMG_4045.jpeg

IMG_4047.jpeg

IMG_4048.jpeg

IMG_4049.jpeg

IMG_4052.jpeg

IMG_4053.jpeg

IMG_4056.jpeg

IMG_4057.jpeg

IMG_4061.jpeg

IMG_4064.jpeg

IMG_4066.jpeg

IMG_4065.jpeg

IMG_4067.jpeg

IMG_4068.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning everyone in hot sweaty uk , hope you’re all keeping safe and cool.

Yesterday we were in Barcelona  we got of the ship at 8.30 and the temperature was ok first thing, we walked many miles today along las Ramblers and a trip into the Boquirea market which was a slight and wonderful smell experience, we then started to walk to the gothic part of the city and further on but for some reason my heal was very sore and getting more and more painful as the day went on so we decided to go back to the market and have some lunch there which was good. The weather was getting quite hot now and I was happy my husband brought my fan , some pictures of the market offerings. Tonight’s dinner was a little disappointing only because of what I chose because my husband’s was fine , he had chicken pot pie and I had liver & onions , but the best thing was we had lots of dolphins swimming by as we sat and had dinner. 
All the evening shows have been good in the theatre so far and even our cruise director Dan  can certainly bang out an opera song . 
Some pics of the market and a little health & safety one . 

IMG_4035.jpeg

IMG_4036.jpeg

IMG_4039.jpeg

IMG_4040.jpeg

IMG_4042.jpeg

IMG_4043.jpeg

IMG_4044.jpeg

IMG_4045.jpeg

IMG_4047.jpeg

IMG_4048.jpeg

IMG_4049.jpeg

IMG_4052.jpeg

IMG_4053.jpeg

IMG_4056.jpeg

IMG_4057.jpeg

IMG_4061.jpeg

IMG_4064.jpeg

IMG_4066.jpeg

IMG_4065.jpeg

IMG_4067.jpeg

IMG_4068.jpeg

Looks great Purdey.Look after that heel and don't end up like me earlier this year with an infected foot.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1