P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Well, the weather forecast is wrong, again🙄 We've just had a couple of very heavy, torrential in fact, showers, and now it's brilliantly sunny. I was going to walk to meet my friend for coffee this morning, but I've changed my mind, I'll take my car.

• Like 5

Sunny and breezy here with chance of rain. I had the best nights sleep since my op last night, woke up once all night, or my bladder did, then it was 08:40, I can now lay on my good side and it is so much more comfy. I had to do the clingfilm shuffle so I could take a shower this morning but another step forward. Enjoy the day.

• Like 9

8c and sunny here at the moment but forecast is showing possible showers later.

We were woken by some banging noises in the loft at 6.00 am this morning, the first time we heard it was on Sunday, I got up and banged the ceiling and it stopped. We’ve had scurrying noises at dawn in the colder months for years but this new noise will need some investigation to see what’s causing it. I suspect mice or maybe a squirrel which we seem to have more around in the garden this year.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Beckett said:

Haven't we been lucky John. Looking back, I've been privileged to see some of the all time greats - most of whose music is still played regularly because it's stood the test of time. See, being old(er) has given us some wonderful musical memories. Jane xx

Yes you’re right, my first pop/rock concert was seeing The Beatles at Wakefield ABC in 1963. Not the best musical experience due to the number of screaming girls, you weren’t there were you?!!😂. Still get to see the odd gig, more into Americana nowadays, the likes of Lambchop, Wilco etc.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Heard on the radio this afternoon that the Rolling Stones new album Hackney Diamonds is at No 1 and the Beatles new single Now & Then will be No 1 in singles chart on Friday. Never thought that would happen again. 

The Beatles single on CD and vinyl is sold out everywhere, more stock awaited!  The downloads hit 5 million in 24 hours.  True class always wins out.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Grandad John said:

Yes you’re right, my first pop/rock concert was seeing The Beatles at Wakefield ABC in 1963. Not the best musical experience due to the number of screaming girls, you weren’t there were you?!!😂. Still get to see the odd gig, more into Americana nowadays, the likes of Lambchop, Wilco etc.

No, not guilty John! I never saw The Beatles although I would have loved to.  Jane xx

• Like 1

Finally got my locking wheelnut key from Vauxhall.The car has been outside our house since driving from Italy for fear of getting a puncture.Got so used to free public transport and National Express it'll probably stay there for another few weeks,lol.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

The Beatles single on CD and vinyl is sold out everywhere, more stock awaited!  The downloads hit 5 million in 24 hours.  True class always wins out.  

Don't shoot me but I have never liked the Beatles. I just don't get them at all --- and yes, I was born in the 60s. I preferred Snoopy and the Red Baron and the Monster Mash ....

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Don't shoot me but I have never liked the Beatles. I just don't get them at all --- and yes, I was born in the 60s. I preferred Snoopy and the Red Baron and the Monster Mash ....

You're too young then!  It was a short period but one that changed music worldwide.  I was only 7 in 1962 when Love Me Do debuted but even then I knew it was very special. Never saw them together but I've seen three separately including a very very rare George Harrison at the Albert Hall in a somewhat misguided political concert. I travel the world specifically to see musical acts and without any doubt these are three of the greatest I've ever been privileged to see.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

You're too young then!  It was a short period but one that changed music worldwide.  I was only 7 in 1962 when Love Me Do debuted but even then I knew it was very special. Never saw them together but I've seen three separately including a very very rare George Harrison at the Albert Hall in a somewhat misguided political concert. I travel the world specifically to see musical acts and without any doubt these are three of the greatest I've ever been privileged to see.

I like music from Bon Jovi to Benjamin Brittain and Handel and have a musical background re my qualifications etc .... I love anything good from classical to heavy rock. Was in a mixed choir and have performed with them and as a soloist alongside the likes of Julian Lloyd Webber at a local festival.

I still don't like the Beatles and to be honest I don't think my age is relevant to this one as I have a friend my age who does like them. 

Sorry but overrated to me and I can't stand Paul whatsits voice.

I was born 1963 so not that young ,-)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I like music from Bon Jovi to Benjamin Brittain and Handel and have a musical background re my qualifications etc .... I love anything good from classical to heavy rock. Was in a mixed choir and have performed with them and as a soloist alongside the likes of Julian Lloyd Webber at a local festival.

I still don't like the Beatles and to be honest I don't think my age is relevant to this one as I have a friend my age who does like them. 

You might like him when you're 64.

• Haha 12

Although I was never a great Beatles fan, I acknowledge their contribution to the history of music. However, there were many good bands in the 60s when I was growing up, the Beatles are just one of them and maybe not the best. I quite like the new song but maybe out of nostalgia. Much more preferable to much ‘modern music’ but in my view that is not saying a lot. I am not sure that a seven year old can know that an act is going to be very special though. 
Megabear - travelling the world to see bands would only be a dream to me. If I were to achieve the dream, I am not sure the two remaining Beatles would be on my list. 

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

You were born after their first hit and didn't live through it.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I dislike Elvis Presley's music but respect others choices and appreciate their views. If you dislike some forms of music or voices that is your choice I'd not be so rude as to try to change your mind or argue who is right or wrong.  Musical background really has nothing to do with it.

Incidentally i liked the Monster Mash too, a great mickey take of the rather weird dances of the early sixties like the mashed potato. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

You were born after their first hit and didn't live through it.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion, I dislike Elvis Presley's music but respect others choices and appreciate their views. If you dislike some forms of music or voices that is your choice I'd not be so rude as to try to change your mind or argue who is right or wrong.  Musical background really has nothing to do with it.

Incidentally i liked the Monster Mash too, a great mickey take of the rather weird dances of the early sixties like the mashed potato. 

I suppose your comment about travelling the world to see musical acts appeared like reference to your musical background.  Was just saying I have one too and dislike them and am entitled to my opinion.

Looks like we can both agree to disagree on this one. 

PS

If they play the Beatles in January in Barbados it may be the last straw and I may still jump overboard ;-)

1 minute ago, pete14 said:

Although I was never a great Beatles fan, I acknowledge their contribution to the history of music. However, there were many good bands in the 60s when I was growing up, the Beatles are just one of them and maybe not the best. I quite like the new song but maybe out of nostalgia. Much preferable to much ‘modern music’ but in my view that is not saying much. I am not sure that a seven year old can know that an act is going to be very special though. 
Megabear - travelling the world to see bands would only be a dream to me. If I were to achieve the dream, I am not sure the two remaining Beatles would be on my list. 

As I say everyone has a choice. I saw Paul McCartney very many years ago with Wings and then several times since. I'd not choose to see him now as sadly he cannot really sing anymore. I last saw Ringo and the All Stars Band in 2016, only my second Ringo outting and the band as well as the man himself were a highlight of my trip - I actually travelled that time to see Boz Skaggs as my number one as he is an all time favourite of mine.  Luck on my side Ithe six weeks i was there i saw him twice plus Bob Dylan  Hall & Oates, Jimmy Buffet, Diana Krall and the late great Jackson Browne.

Just getting back to organising more music trips at last so hopefully stateside next year for the first time since 2020, a lot of catching up to do!

1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

I suppose your comment about travelling the world to see musical acts appeared like reference to your musical background.  Was just saying I have one too and dislike them and am entitled to my opinion.

Looks like we can both agree to disagree on this one. 

PS

If they play the Beatles in January in Barbados it may be the last straw and I may still jump overboard ;-)

You're more likely to jump overboard from too much Bob Marley!  Joking apart I attend a very large amount of music concerts both at home and where necessary abroad, particularly in the US and Europe, it's a bit of an obsession of mine.  Slowly ticking off one by one the ones I missed when I was too young or mum wouldn't let me go to.

1 minute ago, Megabear2 said:

You're more likely to jump overboard from too much Bob Marley!  Joking apart I attend a very large amount of music concerts both at home and where necessary abroad, particularly in the US and Europe, it's a bit of an obsession of mine.  Slowly ticking off one by one the ones I missed when I was too young or mum wouldn't let me go to.

I like Bob Marley  😉 😀😃🙂🙃😊

• Like 1