P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

On 11/17/2023 at 8:45 AM, yorkshirephil said:

Oh what a wonderful morning oh what a wonderful day, its a bit nippy but the sky is that lovely clear dark blue. I got up at 05:00 this morning and made a brew, I can't remember the last time I did that or woke up and couldn't nod off again, I find counting my money helps no end in getting me off to sleep.

I am that pleased with myself I threatened to put the heating on. We have friends coming over today so a proper roast dinner and my speciality; apple and blackberry crumble for dinner.

Yesterday I went for my dressing removed, the wound has healed up nicely and no sign of infection, it was great to have a shower without being trussed up in clingfilm, I know some people have strange fetishes but I don't think wrapping myself in clingfilm quite does it for me. I can get my kicks from cruising. I might have a crack at that fur coat and no knickers that everyone is raving about.

Have a great day everyone.

John agrees with you on the clingfilm in the shower business!

He’s finally got an appointment at the fracture clinic at the hospital but the voicemail didn’t make it clear if the appointment was this Thursday or next! Apparently a letter has been sent but how long it will take to get here is the problem! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Morning  a bit milder 11.c this morning .

Thinking about speed when driving ,my Dad once told me ... . 

"Anyone can drive fast but it's stopping in time when things go wrong "

The times we see cars racing at daft speeds on residential housing estates , or 

coming around blind bends on country lanes at stupid speeds ..Why ?

Have a good day .

I agree.

It is endangering the drivers and other people's lives.

It is 10°C in Sunderland this morning.

I hope everyone is safe,well and happy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

or sit so close to my back bumper to encourage me to go quicker. 

This encourages me to go even slower. We have problems on our estate where drivers take a short cut from Abbey Hulton, through our estate at Birches Head and up to Hanley to avoid the queues at Lyme Kiln Bank. The times we have pulled out of our road to find the next minute a car right on the bumper, so then we crawl off the estate. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

John agrees with you on the clingfilm in the shower business!

He’s finally got an appointment at the fracture clinic at the hospital but the voicemail didn’t make it clear if the appointment was this Thursday or next! Apparently a letter has been sent but how long it will take to get here is the problem! 

Happy belated birthday Sue 

belated-birthday-gif-sue.gif

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, brian1 said:

FWIW Baileys 1lt for a tenner with Nectar card in Sainsbury at the mo.That's the cheapest I've ever seen it.More of those cupcakes please😊.

It is £10 at Tesco with club card. I now buy the Aldi Ballycastle at £4.99 for 70cl. Great over icecream.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

This encourages me to go even slower. We have problems on our estate where drivers take a short cut from Abbey Hulton, through our estate at Birches Head and up to Hanley to avoid the queues at Lyme Kiln Bank. The times we have pulled out of our road to find the next minute a car right on the bumper, so then we crawl off the estate. 

Have placed where you live now Rupert. We don't use tour Estate you'll be glad to know but face the daily drive from the northern end to the southern end every day. Won't miss that when we finish.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Dangerous things those cars. Perhaps they could all drive at walking pace. A chap walking in front waving a red flag would help.

A bit like those dangerous roads ,we could never blame those unfortunate drivers who 

don't understand "drive to the road conditions"🙂 .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kalos said:

A bit like those dangerous roads ,we could never blame those unfortunate drivers who 

don't understand "drive to the road conditions"🙂 .

Many years ago I read a report.  It suggested that in altercations between pedestrians and cars, the pedestrian was affected more than the cars. Since then I have tried to avoid walking in front of cars.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I think those "just eat" idiots riding on the pavement on pushbikes are probably worse.One of them nearly killed an old bloke in front of me last week bombing round a blind corner at full speed.

They are taking over the world. Lunatics with L plates delivering your takeaway. Put some speed things in the road to break a cars springs. The mopeds just swerve around them. " Think bike ", yeah right. Car drivers are just cash cows.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Have placed where you live now Rupert. We don't use tour Estate you'll be glad to know but face the daily drive from the northern end to the southern end every day. Won't miss that when we finish.  

We welcome careful drivers not the idiots we seem to get. Its no quicker using the estate anyway because they still have to queue at the other end to get off onto Keelings Road.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ardennais said:

That’s entirely up to you! 

Goos luch? Is that London speak for Good luck? 

Great Grandfather, Dai Roberts, was Welsh but relocated to Scotland.

The odd "Welsh"  phrase was used by his daughter, my Grannie, from time to time... so apologies to any purists if it's got mangled over the decades and generations.

In Great Grandfathers day (late 1800s)... nothing on the roads/tracks/paths (apart from the occasional racing horse) moved at more that 20 miles an hour! 😃😇

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

It is £10 at Tesco with club card. I now buy the Aldi Ballycastle at £4.99 for 70cl. Great over icecream.

Great for us,the alternative brands are beginning to drive down the price of "premium" brands.Have you seen the advert where that saddo bloke lost his case full of baked beans on the carousel.There is a glut of that brand now in supermarkets,they will soon learn.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

They are taking over the world. Lunatics with L plates delivering your takeaway. Put some speed things in the road to break a cars springs. The mopeds just swerve around them. " Think bike ", yeah right. Car drivers are just cash cows.

We need more Grahams picking their own up and peacefully eating it at the seaside.

• Like 7

Just now, brian1 said:

We need more Grahams picking their own up and peacefully eating it at the seaside.

When we want a takeaway we go and get it. We go to the supermarket to get our shopping . Folk complain about all those empty shops and the death of the high St, but have everything delivered by some van, or moped.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, zap99 said:

When we want a takeaway we go and get it. We go to the supermarket to get our shopping . Folk complain about all those empty shops and the death of the high St, but have everything delivered by some van, or moped.

We do the same, I like to choose my own things at the supermarket always adding extra stuff though, sweet treats in particular which doesn’t do the waistline any good. 

Michelle

• Like 5

I live on a main road, have had multiple accidents outside or near my home in the 19 years I've lived here.  The road has houses on either side and is a former B road just upgraded to A for expediency the year after we moved in.  All the accidents bar 3 are "property accidents", ie no injuries or fatalities and as such don't exist.  

One of these traffic watch things was set up a number of years back and reports to police.  Other than telling us that 65% of drivers are in excess of 40mph in the 30mph zone it does absolutely no good.  As residents we've learned that what we call accidents aren't and the speeding is actually not a game changer, more the definition of what was a minor road as a major one causing the increase in collisions etc.  

Judging by the figures in these documents Wales hasn't much to worry about road accidents before they changed the 20mph.

However older drivers seem to be a problem everywhere along with motorbikes.  

https://www.brake.org.uk/get-involved/take-action/mybrake/knowledge-centre/uk-road-safety

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/reported-road-casualties-great-britain-provisional-results-2022/reported-road-casualties-great-britain-provisional-results-2022

26 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Great for us,the alternative brands are beginning to drive down the price of "premium" brands.Have you seen the advert where that saddo bloke lost his case full of baked beans on the carousel.There is a glut of that brand now in supermarkets,they will soon learn.

DW only has caffeine free drinks. On our checklist.

Tickets

Money

Passports

Teabags.

🤣

• Haha 3