P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Nothing planned for today, maybe a walk later if weather stays ok. Dry, cloudy and currently 10c.

We watched the first of the Lord of the Rings trilogy films yesterday and will watch the others this week, it’s not a relaxing watch though it’s battle after battle leaving me quite up tight afterwards.

We are going to our eldest son for Christmas Day lunch again this year who lives locally. We are having a Christmas meal here tomorrow with MIL, Turkey crown and all of the traditional accompaniments tomorrow. We love cooking so like to cook a Christmas meal at some point in the season, even though it gets a bit fraught as serving up time approaches 🥵

Poor old Frodo found it all a bit fraught at times. We saw it at the cinema on release.....3 hours sitting on a hard seat without blinking.... The film finished......oh ! I thought it went on for a long lime.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, zap99 said:

The Santa tracker Web site doesn't go live for a few days. Norad ?.🧑‍🎄🎅

It's so easy to track Santa on Christmas Eve because he always accepts cookies.🙃

(And mince pies ,carrots milk,wine )😉

• Haha 9

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

It's so easy to track Santa on Christmas Eve because he always accepts cookies.🙃

(And mince pies ,carrots milk,wine )😉

I watch it on ketchup. I am tucked up in bed early on Christmas eve.  No peeping or santa will pass you by....Oh yes he will.🎅

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, zap99 said:

I watch it on ketchup. I am tucked up in bed early on Christmas eve.  No peeping or santa will pass you by....Oh yes he will.🎅

With the price of gas and electricity I am hoping for some coal this year even though I have been a good boy. Oh yes I have.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, yorkshirephil said:

With the price of gas and electricity I am hoping for some coal this year even though I have been a good boy. Oh yes I have.

DW gives me the key to the thermostat over Christmas.  She wants it back on the 27th. I hope santa brings me a jumper and some thick socks.🤣

• Haha 12

Good afternoon everyone, I hope you are all ok today. It’s a lovely sunny day here, a clear blue skies but a bit cold. 

DIY SOS continues at our new house, plumber, builder, electrician & two labourers there today. They are doing really well and work is progressing but it’s well and truly a building site.

We go to Nidd Hall tomorrow so just been for my eyelashes doing and nails this afternoon.

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 9

Just now, Purdey16 said:

Have a lovely time at Nidd Hall Michelle and hope it stays dry for you 

It doesn’t look great weather in Harrogate when we are there unfortunately. However there is York Designer Outlet less than an hour away….. 

Michelle

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

so just been for my eyelashes doing and nails this afternoon.

I have just had to take my gel nails off ready for this afternoons procedure.. what a palaver getting gel off on our own is.  It was a nightmare.. luckily someone is coming Thursday to do my lashes, and nails and hair.. then I should feel human again.

Have a great time at Nidd.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I have just had to take my gel nails off ready for this afternoons procedure.. what a palaver getting gel off on our own is.  It was a nightmare.. luckily someone is coming Thursday to do my lashes, and nails and hair.. then I should feel human again.

Have a great time at Nidd.

That sounds like a lovely pamper session to me. Hope you enjoy it, you will feel like a million dollars 

Michelle

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We booked a cruise on our favourite ship, Sky Princess, this morning so we have something to look forward to.

After the horrible year that we have had this year we really need something good to look forward to.

I think you deserve a cruise Josy, you have had a difficult year and you need to re-charge your batteries now. My daughter is on Sky Princess in May

Michelle

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We booked a cruise on our favourite ship, Sky Princess, this morning so we have something to look forward to.

After the horrible year that we have had this year we really need something good to look forward to.

Love Sky Princess. Had some recent lovely cruises on her. Our next cruises are on Ventura and Arcadia. It is nice to look forward to a cruise. 

• Like 3

I went out this afternoon to do a few final bits of Christmas shopping, things I didn’t want to or could not order online, surprised how easy it was to park, plenty of spaces, there were not many people about given the time of year I didn’t have to queue at any till. 

I was also surprised how quiet it was, until I realised I wasn’t wearing my hearing aids. 😂

Our daughter in law is manager of a large chain store, she has said footfall is down and people are not spending as much as expected, guess the figures for Christmas trading won’t make pleasant reading in January. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

I went out this afternoon to do a few final bits of Christmas shopping, things I didn’t want to or could not order online, surprised how easy it was to park, plenty of spaces, there were not many people about given the time of year I didn’t have to queue at any till. 

I was also surprised how quiet it was, until I realised I wasn’t wearing my hearing aids. 😂

Our daughter in law is manager of a large chain store, she has said footfall is down and people are not spending as much as expected, guess the figures for Christmas trading won’t make pleasant reading in January. 

I have noticed that there doesn't seem to be so many people out Christmas shopping as there have been in previous years.  I think that perhaps more people are shopping online.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have noticed that there doesn't seem to be so many people out Christmas shopping as there have been in previous years.  I think that perhaps more people are shopping online.

It’s either that or they did their Christmas shopping a while back, I know a few people who get most of theirs done in the summer & early autumn, plus with the in crease in cost of living people have cut back on traditional present buying either getting experience related presents or even gift vouchers. 

We bought out Christmas Chicken and a piece of gammon back in October and stuck them in the freezer, had we waited it would go have cost us double. Not Turkey this year as only the 2 of us. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

We're finding it the same on the fringes of SW London... Dorking, Epsom, Sutton and all around seem very quiet this year. It looks as if people are being careful, canny and cautious. As far as online is concerned... we're having no problems with deliveries and a friend who works for one of the really big names says that there is not the same volume as in previous years.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

We're finding it the same on the fringes of SW London... Dorking, Epsom, Sutton and all around seem very quiet this year. It looks as if people are being careful, canny and cautious. As far as online is concerned... we're having no problems with deliveries and a friend who works for one of the really big names says that there is not the same volume as in previous years.

Some big shops are closing on Boxing day. I imagine the supermarkets will be rammed on Saturday. Everyone needs to get all the extra supplies in for.....2 days.🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Some big shops are closing on Boxing day. I imagine the supermarkets will be rammed on Saturday. Everyone needs to get all the extra supplies in for.....2 days.🤔

I will not be going anywhere near any shops after Thursday, if there is anything that we have forgotten we will do without. We have a very quiet Christmas planned, just the 2 of us.  We haven't  even bothered with a tree this year.  No party on boxing day even though one of my sisters pointed out that everyone has come to us on boxing day since mum died 42 years ago, I suggested that it is perhaps time for someone else to host boxing day.  We haven't even bothered to put up a Christmas tree this year.

DH's sister has also said that she is not doing a family gathering this year for DH's side of the family.

• Like 7

Hi all,touched down at LGW at 5.10 yesterday.Passport hall deserted, bags 10 mins,mainline train to Victoria,26 stops on District line,home at 7.40.Just out of curiosity we had a "test" kit left over,negative this morning,still snotting and coughing.Got a social worker coming this morning to give me my adoption records,this has taken a year to sort out,will wear a mask when she comes.

• Like 15