P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Morning Avril.  At least I can post today … had the strange glitch all day yesterday

Not as bad as the Tesco home delivery website which has been down nearly 24 hours I think.  My delivery for today is lost.  Hope they haven’t had a security breach

Morning Eddie. How odd, and I thought my day was starting badly. Have you checked your bank to see if Tesco have taken the money?

Avril

33 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning.

What a night!!!  I've been up and about since 4.00am. I didn't go to bed until midnight and tossed and turned. I just couldn't rest and no idea why. I hate these nights where I can't sleep😒 

I've been scrolling through the threads wondering if anyone was posting.and it looks like Purdey was another night owl, she's most likely asleep now though. Oh well, seeing as I'm still on my own I'll go and make another coffee and a slice of toast, I'm feeling peckish. 

Avril

Hello Avril,

Sorry to hear you’ve had one of those nights. I dropped off to sleep soon after Strictly but then woke about 5am. Mind you the dog was quite happy to go out for an early patrol of the garden……

Hopefully you’ll get a good catch up sleep tonight.

Gill x

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Morning Avril.  At least I can post today … had the strange glitch all day yesterday

Not as bad as the Tesco home delivery website which has been down nearly 24 hours I think.  My delivery for today is lost.  Hope they haven’t had a security breach

Oh no….. That's so frustrating. It certainly looks like a major IT issue at Tesco and it seems like loads of people have the same problem as you.

Tinternet is grand when it works, but when it goes wrong……🥵

Gill x

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Hello Avril,

Sorry to hear you’ve had one of those nights. I dropped off to sleep soon after Strictly but then woke about 5am. Mind you the dog was quite happy to go out for an early patrol of the garden……

Hopefully you’ll get a good catch up sleep tonight.

Gill x

Hello Gill.

I shall probablly be dropping to sleep all day. It's so peaceful now though, I'm sat in the lounge with a coffee watching the sun come up and it's beautiful. 

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning Eddie. How odd, and I thought my day was starting badly. Have you checked your bank to see if Tesco have taken the money?

Avril

It’s a much bigger problem than just me Avril

I feel really sorry for those people with no alternative - housebound etc.  At least I can pop to the shops to top up my stock.  That will be a change - I hope I remember how to do it 🙂

It’s been such a long time I worry that it’s a security breach rather than “just” an IT failure.  Credit card numbers and passwords stolen 😳Hope I’m worrying unnecessarily 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I feel really sorry for those people with no alternative - housebound etc.  At least I can pop to the shops to top up my stock.  That will be a change - I hope I remember how to do it 🙂

It’s been such a long time I worry that it’s a security breach rather than “just” an IT failure.  Credit card numbers and passwords stolen 😳Hope I’m worrying unnecessarily 

Well over 24 hours now, and no explanation at all from Tesco on social media, despite all the complaints - I'm with you on your theory.  Either a major data breach or possibly an extortion attempt.

I liked this comment - a lot of people will have done the same!

"As much as I'm looking forward to receiving my 5 bottles of (place holder) cava at 10am tomorrow,  I would like to be able to have some food to help clear the hangover ready for work on Monday."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eddie99 said:

I hope so too🤞, it's the first I've heard about it. I've had a quick look  on my news app and there doesn't seem to much information coming from Tesco!

Avril

13 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Hello Gill.

I shall probablly be dropping to sleep all day. It's so peaceful now though, I'm sat in the lounge with a coffee watching the sun come up and it's beautiful. 

Avril

The sunrise here this morning is stunning. It's worth not being able to sleep.

Avril

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

A fairly warm morning but the light is weird.  I just came out to go for my shift at the vaccine centre and had to take this pic of the sky.

1906909179_20211024_0755142.thumb.jpg.ce543036f01a98c24b096a16b25186fd.jpg

Have a good day everyone.

The whole sky was a vibrant orange  here earlier this morning. Enjoy your day Josy and take care😷

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 1

Hi all,after a 4hr drive to Calais we got an earlier shuttle and after a hour and half from Folkestone we were home by 3.30.Takeaway Ruby and a few voddies,back to normal,lol.Our hotel was a modern budget but had a lovely independant restaurant attached with a conservatory overlooking the Moselle,that was dark and shut this time of year,great meal.Breakfast was a buffet,self service but disposable gloves and gel mandatory.Cheers,Brian.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

The sunrise here this morning is stunning. It's worth not being able to sleep.

Avril

The lovely morning didn't last long, after the sunrise we had a double rainbow in the west and now it is dull and damp.

Eric

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 1

On a serious note,our Daughter and her family were due to go to the Maldives Friday morning.Our 8 year old Grandson tested positive Thursday.He's been hanging around with a kid whose Mother is vaccine hesitant who ,guess what,caught it.Our SIL has now contracted it.No serious symptons so far,they are insured but obviously gutted.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

You are so fortunate living round there!  🌞

I truly am. I bit the bullet and had to buy a "doer upper" in order to get a decent sized house in Holt. Done loads of renovating but never on my own. Plus moved after 45 years again alone. It has worked out well overall and now I can finally get out and about I love it here. There are downsides but mainly ups.

55 minutes ago, brian1 said:

On a serious note,our Daughter and her family were due to go to the Maldives Friday morning.Our 8 year old Grandson tested positive Thursday.He's been hanging around with a kid whose Mother is vaccine hesitant who ,guess what,caught it.Our SIL has now contracted it.No serious symptons so far,they are insured but obviously gutted.

I’m sorry to hear about that and hope grandson and SIL continue with mild symptoms. I hope the vaccine hesitant mother feels a tad guilty.

Edited by Angel57
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Lovely bright day. Dachsies champing at the bit as the dog walker didn't even turn up yesterday. I am trying not to meet their eyes. Might distract them as I have a leg of lamb ready to cook and if I share they will be my devoted slaves, no shepherds pie from leftovers but needs must. Hopefully I will be better by Monday and small walks can be reintroduced. Might toddle over to Holkham for a glass of wine and a read while lunch cooks just to see the sea.

Edited by ccpm

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

So sorry to hear this Brian. I hope your family have mild doses. They must be devastated by the end of their dream holiday anticipation.  Vaccine hesitancy is our enemy just now. Jane.x 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Re earlier posts on the subject, Tesco have now owned up to the fact that there have been attacks on their website (now down for almost 36 hours). No admission of a data leak - yet.

Still impossible to make or amend online deliveries, and lots of bottles of £40 placeholder Champagne probably out for delivery!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Sorry to hear this Brian.

I hope they are okay.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

That's awful news bro, I hope their symptons remain mild. No matter how careful we try to be, we are, ultimately, at the mercy of other peoples actions and choices. I hope you and your wife are alright. Take care bro.

Sis

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2