P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

21 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Sunshine, what’s that - I seem to have a vague memory…. 

Enjoy your pint (and yes I am indeed jealous).

I love Cadiz. There is an amazing seafood restaurant at the end of the pedestrianised shopping area which we try to visit when we are there.

We love Cadiz too, with La Marea being our restaurant of choice though it is a bus ride away from the port.

On 10/22/2021 at 6:39 AM, P&O SUE said:

Glad to hear from you, you’ve been quiet lately.

A meal was booked for lunchtime at a local place for Joshua so we still took my mum there (they’d been to the soft play area before at Dobbies) then we went back to their place for presents. Then we rushed off to the hospital! At least we saw them. Her family were all coming over after they’d been at work so a busy day for them. I took lots of photos for my Dad, he was very sad to miss it.

Goodness, sorry to read about your dad, how's he doing now?

Between having our grandson so often and logging in/posting issues and Windows 10 deciding to lose all my saved tabs when it feels like it, I haven't had a chance to read the forum very often lately.

I don't have my Grandson today though, plus I have put my back out, so I actually have time to do a bit of computer browsing. Our daughter starts a new job next Monday so life should get simpler, set days with the little one rather than it being all over the place.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, DamianG said:

He is a Cockapoo (mum is a Cocker Spaniel and dad either a Miniature or Toy Poodle). We think he is more Spaniel than Poodle.

So far so good, he's settled in really quickly.

As an unbiased cockapoo mummy I would say they are just wonderful. However don’t be lulled into a false sense of security - they are full of energy, are mischievous, clever in getting their own way and generally just love life and their family. X

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

It's a conference. Folk talk.🤔

With the amour of  people coming into Glasgow the next few days - with no requirement that they are vaccinated, the experts predict a spike in Covid cases.

if this conference is all talk and no action I for one will be very annoyed.

47 minutes ago, DamianG said:

100% right with Covid-19 now in our house (son and wife) despite neither doing anything more than going to school.

Sorry to hear that Damian, and I hope they have mild symptons. Are you still well? We were told that the cases would now mainly  be spread via the schools. Hardly anyone takes any notice now unfortunately and think it's behind us, but the 'fat lady' isn't even going to the theatre yet, never mind vocalising.

Please take care.

Avril

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

Covid-19 now in our house (son and wife) despite neither doing anything more than going to school.

Hope they get well soon .We have just phoned our Daughter up and the Granddaughter is ok now and her mum our daughter who came down with it a few days later is now getting over it as well. For a couple of days she just wanted to sleep but thinks she is over the worst of it.

I hope your two recover soon Damian ,keep safe and take good care of them .:classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

He is a Cockapoo (mum is a Cocker Spaniel and dad either a Miniature or Toy Poodle). We think he is more Spaniel than Poodle.

So far so good, he's settled in really quickly.

He looks so cute!! My daughter has just got a shitzu x miniature poodle who is 18 weeks now. We have a cavalier King Charles spaniel who is 5 and a golden retriever who is 11. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DamianG said:

100% right with Covid-19 now in our house (son and wife) despite neither doing anything more than going to school.

I hope they are not too ill and recover quickly.  I think.that just walking around is becoming a risky activity at the moment with the way Covid seems to be spreading again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have been to have a VAE at Stafford hospital.  We were amazed how much easier it was to park and how much calmer everything seems to be there than at UHNM. 

If I am given a choice where to have future treatment I will definitely choose Stafford.

I am now home feeling sore since the anaesthetic has worn off and trying to take things easy as I was told to but not doing anything is sooooo boring.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Goodness, sorry to read about your dad, how's he doing now?

Between having our grandson so often and logging in/posting issues and Windows 10 deciding to lose all my saved tabs when it feels like it, I haven't had a chance to read the forum very often lately.

I don't have my Grandson today though, plus I have put my back out, so I actually have time to do a bit of computer browsing. Our daughter starts a new job next Monday so life should get simpler, set days with the little one rather than it being all over the place.

Sorry to hear you have hurt your back Sarah.

Congratulations to your daughter starting a new job on Monday.

15°C and partly sunny today.

We called at Morrison's and roughly 50/50 customers wearing or not wearing masks. 

No staff wearing masks.

Take care everyone.

Graham.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Hope they get well soon .We have just phoned our Daughter up and the Granddaughter is ok now and her mum our daughter who came down with it a few days later is now getting over it as well. For a couple of days she just wanted to sleep but thinks she is over the worst of it.

I hope your two recover soon Damian ,keep safe and take good care of them .:classic_smile:

Pleased to hear your good news Kalos regarding your daughter and granddaughter recovering well from Covid19.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We called at Morrison's and roughly 50/50 customers wearing or not wearing masks. 

No staff wearing masks.

Take care everyone.

Graham.

We just got back from Morrisons. Most folk not wearing masks. Must try Waitrose next time.🤣

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We just got back from Morrisons. Most folk not wearing masks. Must try Waitrose next time.🤣

Only three people in the bank were wearing masks ,they seemed in a rush as no sooner

had they left the bank they sped away in a waiting car :classic_unsure:

• Haha 11

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

No staff wearing masks.

Take care everyone.

Graham.

Thanks Graham. I thnk I'll be calling the GP about my back tomorrow 🙄

Daughter's new job is much needed, by her and me!

We definitely feel in the minority wearing masks when out and about around here

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Would it be any better if it became govt policy I wonder?

There was very little problem with mask wearing overall - until government policy changed.  That was when the rot set in, and everybody decided that Covid was over, and look at the outcome!

What makes matters worse is seeing MPs from one party blatantly flouting the requests of the parliamentary authorities to wear masks in the chamber as some crazy political gesture.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Would it be any better if it became govt policy I wonder?

The problem is that the government relaxed the rules.The Mayor rebelled and his only recourse was to impose condition of carriage regs.There were TFL staff turning away people at certain stations recently.Just a publicity stunt really,too many people to police.Cheers,Brian.

39 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

There was very little problem with mask wearing overall - until government policy changed.  That was when the rot set in, and everybody decided that Covid was over, and look at the outcome!

What makes matters worse is seeing MPs from one party blatantly flouting the requests of the parliamentary authorities to wear masks in the chamber as some crazy political gesture.

Google of the week or should I say laugh ...

"we don't wear masks as we know each other" :classic_wacko::classic_unsure:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We went on the train today for our walk from Birchington to Margate. The trains weren’t busy but mask wearing was very low. 

Wearing a mask is so simple - people generally did wear masks until so called ‘freedom day’. But, for whatever reason, people got a message that they weren’t required. So some people stopped wearing them, and other people saw this and followed suit. 

we stopped at Finbars of West Bay for lunch. Recommended for any locals.

35FA796F-DA02-478A-B65B-2A7A26F5E8F2.thumb.jpeg.8f52ddfedf7d8664076707c31b0917ff.jpeg5FE0E5B2-6BEF-4FE0-A487-CFA696AE530C.thumb.jpeg.38852f5fe381f0d61464075c6b518e4b.jpeg9B326424-4639-4524-873D-152FDBF9532F.thumb.jpeg.4d871793cfb0755076af40eb73dfd1a8.jpeg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Although mask wearing in crowded indoor spaces, like the House of Commons during PMs questions, public transport, schools, and cinema or theatres would probably slow down the spread, especially among schoolchildren. I question whether in shops, supermarkets or similar, where you generally only have fleeting contact with others, it would have anything other than a minimal effect.

Edited by terrierjohn