P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

That's a bit like cutting your nose off to spite your face. I know I wouldn't take risks with my health because some short - sighted covidiot decided he needed an eye test 

Avril 

I think Harry was referring to others acting this way rather than himself as his posts are always interesting.

38 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

On a positive note we went to Wales for the first time in what seemed forever to buy our static caravan yesterday. It is on a beautiful site right by the sea with the most amazing views. We are about 50 yard from the sea. Wales was very quiet and the people very welcoming. Everyone we saw was still taking great care, which was refreshing. (This included locals and tourists)

There are still a lot of good people out there and sensible ones at that. We now know that we have somewhere to retreat to where we can be safe --- and we will make sure that we will ensure that we stick to the original lockdown rules to make sure that all of the people around us are safe too.

We are planning to just walk on the coastal path and by the sea - no need to put anyone at risk.

Thank you to those of you in North Wales yesterday who made us all feel safe and welcome.

Sounds idyllic!   Enjoy and continue to keep safe. 🙂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

Sounds idyllic!   Enjoy and continue to keep safe. 🙂

Our view at night from our balcony if we are allowed to post it as it is from Google - 180+ degree view of the sea 🙂

660981648_heaven(2).thumb.png.12442815e889ebc7b4e53174ab8dbd02.png

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Polly1922 said:

I think Harry was referring to others acting this way rather than himself as his posts are always interesting.

I know he was, and Harry will have understood that. We've had many interesting conversations and understand each other very well.

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47

19 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Our view at night from our balcony if we are allowed to post it as it is from Google - 180+ degree view of the sea 🙂

Lovely.Which part of North Wales   is it?

1 minute ago, ann141 said:

Lovely.Which part of North Wales   is it?

Llanddulas - North Wales. it is a really quiet park. My parents lived in North Wales for 22 years so we know the area very well and it felt like going home yesterday. Since my parents died have discovered on the paper work that my great grandmother came from Mold (North Wales) so it was meant to be !!!

Have to say, we are really excited and this whole pandemic has made us appreciate the beauty we have on our doorstep --- just to see the Welsh sign yesterday and the sea for the first time was amazing ! Just to walk by the sea and feel that fresh air - we don't care if it rains for the next 12 months !!!!!!!!

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

What lovely view. Much nicer than ours. I'm  not jealous. Honestly 😆

Avril 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

What lovely view. Much nicer than ours. I'm  not jealous. Honestly 😆

Avril 

We are in a dream --- put a deposit on it in lockdown early May and only just seen it !!!

6 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Llanddulas - North Wales. it is a really quiet park. My parents lived in North Wales for 22 years so we know the area very well and it felt like going home yesterday. Since my parents died have discovered on the paper work that my great grandmother came from Mold (North Wales) so it was meant to be !!!

Have to say, we are really excited and this whole pandemic has made us appreciate the beauty we have on our doorstep --- just to see the Welsh sign yesterday and the sea for the first time was amazing ! Just to walk by the sea and feel that fresh air - we don't care if it rains for the next 12 months !!!!!!!!

It looks beautiful.Although we have visited places in The Snowdonia National park previously and had a few holidays in Pwllheli, one of the areas we want  to explore further whilst not cruising is North Wales and Anglesey

• Like 1

Just now, Presto2 said:

We are in a dream --- put a deposit on it in lockdown early May and only just seen it !!!

I'm so pleased for you. Who needs to cruise when you have beautiful surroundings like that. 

Avril 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm so pleased for you. Who needs to cruise when you have beautiful surroundings like that. 

Avril 

It has probably made us all think of what we have taken for granted .........  just hoping that we don't have a high tide or we may be sailing once again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

porthladd (welsh for Portside )  Haven ?   1/2 Welsh !/2 English name :classic_unsure:

Haven sounds like a caravan company with teddy bears and things --- this one doesn't have giant bears (thank you God)

We aren't portside we are facing straight on --- not even our usual aft 🙂

5 minutes ago, ann141 said:

It looks beautiful.Although we have visited places in The Snowdonia National park previously and had a few holidays in Pwllheli, one of the areas we want  to explore further whilst not cruising is North Wales and Anglesey

Can help with that one - know the area really well

I remember in lockdown suggesting we had Caravan Critic --- 🙂 🙂 🙂 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

My Mother in Law was born in Wales and my hubby went to University in Wales so we really must make an effort to explore it further.There are some lovely parts of the UK that we haven t previously visited so whilst there is no cruising we intend  to have some UK holidays.

1 minute ago, ann141 said:

My Mother in Law was born in Wales and my hubby went to University in Wales so we really must make an effort to explore it further.There are some lovely parts of the UK that we haven t previously visited so whilst there is no cruising we intend  to have some UK holidays.

I was at Uni in Wales too - Lampeter. Not a big University but I loved every minute of it.

Like you said, some lovely parts of the UK and time to explore 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Sounds wonderful you sound like you are having a fantastic time and your balcony view is amazing.

We love the seaside and very fortunate our nearest beach is only 5 miles away.

My late mam's family had relations from Wales.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Graham, only 3-4 miles from the sea here too.  So lovely to be able to drive such a little way and see the sea.  the dog loves it.

Sounds lovely,we regularly drive to the beach.

We had a picnic by the sea today after church.

The North Sea was like a millpond today.

• Like 3

It was super hot today, and I heard on the news that viruses die when its hot. I will hope that this is true and manage to leave  my local area at last. Tired of sitting at home, cant wait to start cruising again 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

It was super hot today, and I heard on the news that viruses die when its hot. I will hope that this is true and manage to leave  my local area at last. Tired of sitting at home, cant wait to start cruising again 

If that's true then why are cases in the Middle East  and India still rising? 

Avril 

4 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

You really are letting your bad loser persona get the better of you Harry, the Brexit battle is long lost  time to move on or emigrate.🙂

We wanted Brexit but Cummings is shameful in what he did and for a clever man his eyesight testing stunt was insulting all our intelligence.

As he went to school in Durham he would have known Barnard Castle was a beauty spot.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

California and Florida are very hot Roger and where the biggest outbreaks of covid19 are happening in your country.