P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

35 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Thank you Gill. Yes I've been relaxing interspersed with walks and really getting better. I'm very pleased that I've managed to build-up my walk time by a little bit every day. His Lordship is not so pleased however - he much preferred whenI was laid out on the settee. He is seriously lazy!

I saw Neil Diamond at Olympia about 15 years ago. I wasn't a huge fan but went with a friend who didn't have a plus one. As you say - excellent.

Have a good Sunday Gill and Freddie. Jane xx

Good luck to the Gooners today Jane.We helped you out a bit yesterday,lol.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Me contemplating my choices as a 15 year old.A Cambridge don and a MI6 Russian mole or a plumber.20240426_1159312350.thumb.jpg.db7a7e13adf851761a6ab5732c8543ed.jpg

And which one did you choose Brian?

Fab photos - those buildings are just glorious. Jane xx

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Good luck to the Gooners today Jane.We helped you out a bit yesterday,lol.

Thanks Brian - yes you did help us out yesterday and much appreciated. Good goal by Bowen. Honestly, I think the title is City's but you never know. Jane xx

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Thanks, you too. Just leaving home now.

Have a great time Zap (and Mrs Zap). Hope you both enjoy good food, good wine, and buying plenty of handbags. Jane xx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Beckett said:

And which one did you choose Brian?

Fab photos - those buildings are just glorious. Jane xx

If I told you I'd have to kill you 😉.

• Haha 12

I have just had a long online chat with a young man at Direct Line car insurance.  When we picked the car up on Friday they gave us 4 days insurance to give us time to change our insurance over.  I  have been trying since yesterday to change the insurance on line but it kept insisting that the car model only had an automatic trasmission but it is manual.  The young man was able to override the system after he checked that Mazda do still produce a manual version of the car.  He did say that this happened more frequently since more people are buying automatics.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Have a great time Zap (and Mrs Zap). Hope you both enjoy good food, good wine, and buying plenty of handbags. Jane xx

I am sure Zap will look lovely choosing his new handbags, I hopes he sends us some photos :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, brian1 said:

If I told you I'd have to kill you 😉.

So that's it... a Russian plumber fibbing about his age and getting into university pretending to be 15 year old child prodigy in order to spy on the Cambridge five... (Donald Maclean, Guy Burgess, Kim Philby, Anthony Blunt and John Cairncross.)

You just can't make that sort of stuff up. 😇😂

• Haha 9

8 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

So that's it... a Russian plumber fibbing about his age and getting into university pretending to be 15 year old child prodigy in order to spy on the Cambridge five... (Donald Maclean, Guy Burgess, Kim Philby, Anthony Blunt and John Cairncross.)

You just can't make that sort of stuff up. 😇😂

You write the screenplay and book.I'll just share the profits.

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have just had a long online chat with a young man at Direct Line car insurance.  When we picked the car up on Friday they gave us 4 days insurance to give us time to change our insurance over.  I  have been trying since yesterday to change the insurance on line but it kept insisting that the car model only had an automatic trasmission but it is manual.  The young man was able to override the system after he checked that Mazda do still produce a manual version of the car.  He did say that this happened more frequently since more people are buying automatics.

Our all year European cover firm just sent me a renewal quote of 700 quid.Thank god I don't need it now.The Meerkat people quoted me 370 for "normal" cover,job done.

• Like 3

Rain set in all day good job it was fine yesterday at playoff match Scunny v Boston .Scunny lost on pens 8036 attendance record for a non league match .Back to the drawing board fir next season 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, brian1 said:

You write the screenplay and book.I'll just share the profits.

Who do you want to play the role of you, though? You'd need a dashing young man and a venerable aging James Bond type.  Mind you with political correctness you might end up as a person of colour, one armed, wheelchair user with Tourettes ...

• Haha 12

3 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Who do you want to play the role of you, though? You'd need a dashing young man and a venerable aging James Bond type.  Mind you with political correctness you might end up as a person of colour, one armed, wheelchair user with Tourettes ...

The old bloke could be Jason Statham,a cockney JB,lol.Not too sure of the young one yet,answers on a postcard.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, kalos said:

Make sure you have everything like passports,luggage ...wife 🙃

Have a great time and same goes for @Ilovemygarden holiday .

I knew I'd forgotten something.......Gail..where are you.🤔

• Haha 13

54 minutes ago, brian1 said:

The old bloke could be Jason Statham,a cockney JB,lol.Not too sure of the young one yet,answers on a postcard.

Got to be a cameo part somewhere for the bloke who's probably Britain's least known plumber's assistant... before he took up acting... one of the few ever blokes to star in the same film as Benny Hill, Noel Coward, Irene Handl and John Le Mesurier...

Michael Cain has just got to be there somewhere! How about supervising explosives... blowing the doors off something?

Young bloke... as per request!

IMG_3970.thumb.jpeg.1a03278923b7968b97bde625f94701b3.jpeg

😄🙃

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Jason Statham's a good choice Brian - he's a real geezer.

Tom Hardy? - too old maybe but good actor -  for both parts - just age him up for the older part like they did in Peaky Blinders.

Henry Cavill? - too old again maybe but very handsome - not a geezer though.

Alan Carr? - joking!

No, I can't think of any young actors to match Statham. I'll do some reaearch! 

Jane xx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Currently it's only 1˚C, overcast with a chance of more rain and an 22 mph  wind from the South-west. But that's up on Spitsbergen! 

Here in North Surrey the only difference is about 2˚C less cold!

It feels like 3˚C, it's overcast with a chance of more rain and a 21-23 mph wind from the South-west.

Spitsbergen is almost 1,900 miles further North. It's only about 800 miles from the North Pole.

Gone is the idea of washing the car this afternoon or oiling the patio furniture! 🥶🥶

• Like 3

We avoided any meaningful rain this morning with just a few rain drops. The cloud has cleared now and its a clear blue sky sunny but breezy afternoon.

After watching Ronnie this morning in the snooker I'm settling down now for an afternoon of football watching 

• Like 2