P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

13 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It would be lovely to talk about anything without arguing and occasionally insulting each other. In these depressing times we need to support each other. This particular thread  did that,  but not anymore.

Avril

Well let’s start cheer it up again, we all need that much more than grumpiness right now as you say. 

What has been keeping you busy?

I enjoy spending time in the kitchen and have been making things for Christmas. Next week I think I’ll start on the sugar cookies and ice them the week after.It is the one positives of lockdown that there is more time for these enjoyable pass times.

Advent starts on Sunday and next week the advent Callander will be out and we’ll think about decorations. 

And by the way I didn’t get the whisky you recommended, again I could order but off the order by delivery☹️. Never mind there is always next week.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

It would be lovely to talk about anything without arguing and occasionally insulting each other. In these depressing times we need to support each other. This particular thread  did that,  but not anymore.

Avril

Don’t leave the thread Avril, I have enjoyed reading your posts and humour especially as I a “Yorkshire lass” myself coming originally from Bradford ad my Grans family from South Kirby ( even though I live in Lancashire now dare I say it!!)
Ignore any nasty insults and just focus on nice people who are here to contribute positive things and who support each other and keep each other company in these difficult times

Michelle 

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

That's what I've decided to do Andy. Things are bad enough at the moment and I would come on this thread for a diversion, a chat and a little light banter.  It's not the same now. I persevered for a while but enoughs enough. I still skim quickly  through the posts, react to a few, have a laugh with kalos and a couple of others and reply to one or two but I don't interact now, it's not worth the hassle. You and michelle take care and stay safe.

Avril

Its like deja vous Avril from the first lockdown when everyone was angry about refunds, but we managed to come through that and you were a major catalyst in helping us all cope with your caring nature, sense of humour and sensibility (most of the time)... 

So please don't totally give up on us... 

The grumpys will get less grumpy, the antagonists will crawl back under their shell and usual banter and helping each other will resume soon, hopefully. 

But sometimes you have to take a step back and let human nature take its course. 

Look after Frank and your family, thinking of your daughter spending Christmas alone makes me so sad, so look after your own first and we will still be hovering around when the anger subsides...

Andy & Michelle xx

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Don’t leave the thread Avril, I have enjoyed reading your posts and humour especially as I a “Yorkshire lass” myself coming originally from Bradford ad my Grans family from South Kirby ( even though I live in Lancashire now dare I say it!!)
Ignore any nasty insults and just focus on nice people who are here to contribute positive things and who support each other and keep each other company in these difficult times

Michelle 

Well said Michelle

Andy 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

That's what I've decided to do Andy. Things are bad enough at the moment and I would come on this thread for a diversion, a chat and a little light banter.  It's not the same now. I persevered for a while but enoughs enough. I still skim quickly  through the posts, react to a few, have a laugh with kalos and a couple of others and reply to one or two but I don't interact now, it's not worth the hassle. You and michelle take care and stay safe.

Avril

Don’t let the trumpet blowers who like the sound of the noises they emit keep you away from the forum.

I always like reading your posts - honest and amusing.

Look after yourself.

Gill x

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

+1.

It is much better to be nice and pleasant.

Sarcasm and arguing used to get threads closed down but now it is leading to our best most friendly posters leaving or just not posting.

Let's get back to being a supportive friendly group otherwise people including myself will not bother posting.

Graham.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Well let’s start cheer it up again, we all need that much more than grumpiness right now as you say. 

What has been keeping you busy?

I enjoy spending time in the kitchen and have been making things for Christmas. Next week I think I’ll start on the sugar cookies and ice them the week after.It is the one positives of lockdown that there is more time for these enjoyable pass times.

Advent starts on Sunday and next week the advent Callander will be out and we’ll think about decorations. 

And by the way I didn’t get the whisky you recommended, again I could order but off the order by delivery☹️. Never mind there is always next week. 

Aah, soaked in alcohol... 😊

Thank you for picking up the mood.. 

I have 2 weeks off, so I can start to make things. 

Michelle and the girls make loads of stuff for Christmas and I usually try something different in the kitchen.. 

Any suggestions of what I can make will be much appreciated... 

Andy 

• Like 2

I have been making snowmen out of face flannels, as stocking fillers - just a bit of fun, truffles, candied orange and stollens. Next on my list is Christmas Jam and of course mince pies. I decided to put together same hampers for my family filled with bits and pieces and other foodie items.

Edited by purplesea
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I have been making snowmen out of face flannels, as stocking fillers - just a bit of fun, truffles, candied orange and stollens. Next on my list is Christmas Jam and of course mince pies. I decided to put together same hampers for my family fills with bits and pieces and other foodie items.

What a great idea.. The hampers, not sure about the flannels😊

I started buying the ingredients for a very fancy Christmas pud and got to about £45, put it all back and headed for the ready made aisle.... 😊

Andy 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Aah, soaked in alcohol... 😊

Thank you for picking up the mood.. 

I have 2 weeks off, so I can start to make things. 

Michelle and the girls make loads of stuff for Christmas and I usually try something different in the kitchen.. 

Any suggestions of what I can make will be much appreciated... 

Andy 

Pauline has always been a bit psychic and she had all the Xmas presents in and wrapped up over 3 weeks ago strangely just before covid19 said hello to me??

I am not a spirit drinker but 

Glenmorangie whisky was recommended to me.

Hope you have a nice 2 weeks holiday Andy with Michelle.

Take care everyone.

Graham.

• Like 1

Well Andy I’m making sausage rolls today all different flavours 😂 I experiment with adding different ingredients going into the sausage meat , made a batch yesterday and ther all gone some puff pastry some short crust pastry, some with bacon, cheese, cranberry jam, sage& onion, beans , you should try some 😁

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Ok, so I got 'nutty'... Kalos, Brian, Zapp etc.. 

I got sweet.. Avril, Sue, Josy, Presto and many others... 

Who are you implying is soaked in alcohol.... 😊

Andy 

All of us when we meet on a ship🍾🥂🍺🍷

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Please don't go Avril, I will really miss you, you have been fantastic during this awful year.  You know that I am very close to my niece and that I have been having a hard time dealing with her health problems but so often I have read your posts and you have made me feel better because you have a wonderful way of expressing yourself.  I would love to have the privilege to meet on a cruise and have a real chat with you sometime in the future.

Take care of yourself and Frank and the rest of your family.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Well Andy I’m making sausage rolls today all different flavours 😂 I experiment with adding different ingredients going into the sausage meat , made a batch yesterday and ther all gone some puff pastry some short crust pastry, some with bacon, cheese, cranberry jam, sage& onion, beans , you should try some 😁

You are making my mouth water... 

I do make some sausage rolls but you have inspired me to try something different, thank you. 

Andy 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

All round to Purdey's house today folks ?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

You are making my mouth water... 

I do make some sausage rolls but you have inspired me to try something different, thank you. 

Andy 

Also a little bit of Chorizo is very nice and for the veggie options sweet potato and feta 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Wow you are making me hungry.

They sound delicious.

• Like 2

IMG_20201128_090434.thumb.jpg.83bbfc64a60fa061abcf607a4f9112fd.jpg

31 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I have been making snowmen out of face flannels, as stocking fillers - just a bit of fun, truffles, candied orange and stollens. Next on my list is Christmas Jam and of course mince pies. I decided to put together same hampers for my family filled with bits and pieces and other foodie items.

You are so far ahead of me.  I have the mince pies and uncooked sausage rolls in the freezer but that is all in the way of food.  I finished making my Christmas cards yesterday, I just need to decide who gets which one.  I had to send a photo to my niece's daughter because she has "helped" me to make my cards since she was a toddler and this is the first time in 9 years that we haven't worked on them together.

• Like 6

As mainly a 'lurker' on this board - first of all, can I say how good it has been - and still is - to read cheerful news from everyone,  on those days when you are a feeling like there is no end to the current situation.  I am sure we all have days or at least moments like that, and then something comes along to cheer you up, like the blue tits and finches on the seeds in the feeder, and a lovely blue sky, and a delivery of supplies which includes something a bit naughty which you enjoy.  Or a funny and cheerful post on here.

Can I  just ask, however, if those are tinned baked beans in a sausage roll?  Wouldn't it be a bit leaky?  And mess up the oven.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

IMG_20201128_090434.thumb.jpg.83bbfc64a60fa061abcf607a4f9112fd.jpg

You are so far ahead of me.  I have the mince pies and uncooked sausage rolls in the freezer but that is all in the way of food.  I finished making my Christmas cards yesterday, I just need to decide who gets which one.  I had to send a photo to my niece's daughter because she has "helped" me to make my cards since she was a toddler and this is the first time in 9 years that we haven't worked on them together.

I’ve got my cards made too, but I still need to make boxes for the truffles. I am also going to make some fudge bur haven’t decided yet to put them in boxes or bags.

• Like 2