P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

It is not too bad here, I expected it to be much worse as we had heavy snow late last night but it had all gone this morning. We are maybe having the lull before the storm. It was nice to get out for a walk this morning after being stuck in all day yesterday due to heavy rain.

• Like 1

It’s a nice day if you’re inside looking out of the window!  It’s ffffreezing out, with the wind predominantly Northerly just now.  However, it’s firmed up the mud and it will help dry it out.  Might as well get used - I believe it’s due to last the week

Started the day with TV  cricket from India, so that was/is a good dose of sunshine.  29°C all day there

By the way, did you note my ° there?  I’ve never known where to find it on the keyboard, but do now.  So, if anyone else is as technologically challenged as me, the secret is to hold down the zero key (on the numbers keypad, not swiping p from the qwerty) and the ° symbol will appear for you to swipe up to

Isn’t technology wonderful?

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

It’s a nice day if you’re inside looking out of the window!  It’s ffffreezing out, with the wind predominantly Northerly just now.  However, it’s firmed up the mud and it will help dry it out.  Might as well get used - I believe it’s due to last the week

Started the day with TV  cricket from India, so that was/is a good dose of sunshine.  29°C all day there

By the way, did you note my ° there?  I’ve never known where to find it on the keyboard, but do now.  So, if anyone else is as technologically challenged as me, the secret is to hold down the zero key (on the numbers keypad, not swiping p from the qwerty) and the ° symbol will appear for you to swipe up to

Isn’t technology wonderful?

I must be totally "challenged".What the hell is a qwerty?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Oh, sorry

It’s just the standard typewriter layout of the alphabet

top line, left to right, starts qwerty and that’s it’s sort-of nickname

I held down the zero and just got a line of zero's.I don't have a mouse,just a touchpad,does that make a difference.

1 minute ago, Eddie99 said:

Touchpad on the iPad for me

° worked again

Is it just an Apple thing?

Anybody got a 9 year old in the house to help us out?

That was todays challenge 😂 It's 'option shift 8' on a MacBook. You learn something new everyday!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Touchpad on the iPad for me

° worked again

Is it just an Apple thing?

Anybody got a 9 year old in the house to help us out?

No worries,mine's just an Acer small screen laptop.

7 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I must be totally "challenged".What the hell is a qwerty?

Are you using a computer keyboard ?

If so read the first six letters Brian ..That is a "qwerty" keyboard 

Our weather is 1°c today with a -8° c  but being a lazy sod I just use the decimal 

1.c and -8.c :classic_smile:

Anyone using a keyboard  can get the degree sign by .....

Hold down the Alt key  and on the number pad press Num Lock 

which will put a light on your keyboard .

Now using the number keypad type in 0176 and a ° degree sign will appear :classic_smile: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Thick cloud and breezy here this morning, 1c. Nothing falling from the sky yet, but forecast for overnight and tomorrow. 

Avril

How are you and Frank today? Any side effects from the jab?(Hope not)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It has been snowing heavy for a couple of hours now and not settling on the footpaths or roads but everywhere else. The BBC weather says heavy snow for another hour and then light snow. The Met Office says heavy snow for 3 hours and then light snow. Both have temperatures now below freezing so those wet paths are going to be lethal tomorrow. Neighbours had her jab, at least she set off and got a lift. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Yeah guys,sounds like a proper "shortcut".When I was a plumber if something didn't work I wacked it with a hammer or grips.Where's my toolbox?

And if that don't work blowtorch it until it does :classic_unsure:

• Haha 2

Sorry guys,I hate snow.I used to drive at least 20 miles to work and being on pricework,the bloody snow used to cost me a fortune.Retired now and still hate it,can't go anywhere.Rant over,that's better.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I held down the zero and just got a line of zero's.I don't have a mouse,just a touchpad,does that make a difference.

Good afternoon my confused bro🙃The standard typewriter is called a 'qwerty' for the reason Eddie said. It's the most popular design, but there other keyboard layouts used, which I won't confuse you with, so they also have their own names as well. Just a bit of useless information I remember from my college typing courses.

Sis

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good afternoon my confused bro🙃The standard typewriter is called a 'qwerty' for the reason Eddie said. It's the most popular design, but there other keyboard layouts used, which I won't confuse you with, so they also have their own names as well. Just a bit of useless information I remember from my college typing courses.

Sis

Cheers sis,I've only just progressed from the stone tablet and chisel,bro.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ann141 said:

How are you and Frank today? Any side effects from the jab?(Hope not)

We're both fine Ann thank you. No side effects at all, unless you count a total feeling of relief, the begining of the end is in sight. We had the AZ and the doctor said we would be contacted for the 2nd dose in 10 to 12 weeks.

Avril

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Yeah guys,sounds like a proper "shortcut".When I was a plumber if something didn't work I wacked it with a hammer or grips.Where's my toolbox?

And as a mechanic friend of mine used to say to customers who thought they heard "a knocking sound" coming from their engines - "Just turn the radio up ". J.x

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, brian1 said:

That's what I call my 'gentle feminine persuasion'. If all else fails - kick it😁

Are you sure we're not really related😉

Sis

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, kalos said:

Are you using a computer keyboard ?

If so read the first six letters Brian ..That is a "qwerty" keyboard 

Our weather is 1°c today with a -8° c  but being a lazy sod I just use the decimal 

1.c and -8.c :classic_smile:

Anyone using a keyboard  can get the degree sign by .....

Hold down the Alt key  and on the number pad press Num Lock 

which will put a light on your keyboard .

Now using the number keypad type in 0176 and a ° degree sign will appear :classic_smile: 

Ooh 'eck, what a palaver. I'm with you kalos and use the c 

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We're both fine Ann thank you. No side effects at all, unless you count a total feeling of relief, the begining of the end is in sight. We had the AZ and the doctor said we would be contacted for the 2nd dose in 10 to 12 weeks.

Avril

Pleased for you both.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

How are you today Graham? Did you get to church this morning?

Avril

My eye is blood shot and looks like a third full of a water bubble but it is getting less every day.

We have given church a miss but our vicar David always WhatsApps us the sermon as I forward it on to a cc friend in Texas who is a church goer too and loves our sermons.

Graham.

• Like 3