P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Sorry, that is wrong. If you have a heart attack, or are a terminal cancer patient, your unfortunate death has nothing to do with CV19.

It could have a lot to do with CV19.

If they hadn't have contracted the coronavirus when they did, they could have had months or even years left. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Sorry, that is wrong. If you have a heart attack, or are a terminal cancer patient, your unfortunate death has nothing to do with CV19.

If you hadn't tested positive you may have concentrated more and not walked under that bus.🤣

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Rockfish!

We love it

They’ll tell you the fish they have available & how they cook it

+

Salad & chips

Bottomless chip refills

Bottomless still or sparkling water

The best toilet entertainment ever! (Now you’ve just got to go, haven’t you?) 🤣😂🤣

Ive been to Rockfish in Dartmouth, it was fabulous, gutted there aren’t any around here.

• Like 1

Very much a south coast thing so far.  Poole is the most easterly.

It might be difficult for them to head much further from their Brixham base as they pride themselves on local catches and extreme freshness.

Their boat was in Weymouth when we went earlier in the week though.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, zap99 said:

If you hadn't tested positive you may have concentrated more and not walked under that bus.🤣

How many people get run over by buses in an average year?

I imagine it's not that many.

A person would be VERY unlucky to test positive for COVID and then get run over by a bus within 28 days of the test! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Apparently there is one in Weymouth. That's now on our list.🤣

I enjoyed this extravaganza on the harbour side recently

Quayside Bar & Kitchen.  Specials board. £19 I think, including the basket of chips

i haven’t eaten out inside recently (🙄), so can’t offer any suggestions but there are a couple of places which get rave reviews

And Shalim’s if you fancy a Ruby.  A definite class above.  Booking essential

A485D432-FFDB-45E7-969D-946A0D7EA390.jpeg

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I enjoyed this extravaganza on the harbour side recently

Quayside Bar & Kitchen.  Specials board. £19 I think, including the basket of chips

i haven’t eaten out inside recently (🙄), so can’t offer any suggestions but there are a couple of places which get rave reviews

And Shalim’s if you fancy a Ruby.  A definite class above.  Booking essential

A485D432-FFDB-45E7-969D-946A0D7EA390.jpeg

The list is now getting quite long. You don't often get served scallops with the coral. Looks a great dish.😁

19 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

How many people get run over by buses in an average year?

I imagine it's not that many.

A person would be VERY unlucky to test positive for COVID and then get run over by a bus within 28 days of the test! 

1,732 . Anyone getting run over by a bus is careless, not unlucky. 92.7% of hospitalisations hadn't been Jabbed and 2/3 were under 29. I feel quite safe going out so will continue to do so, but will, as always look both ways before crossing busy roads.🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Gi-normous

The bottom layer, beneath the scallops, tomatoes, langoustines and sea bass, was plump tasty mussels & liquor

You have convinced me. The restaurant isn't on a bus route is it ?😁

14 minutes ago, zap99 said:

1,732 . Anyone getting run over by a bus is careless, not unlucky. 92.7% of hospitalisations hadn't been Jabbed and 2/3 were under 29. I feel quite safe going out so will continue to do so, but will, as always look both ways before crossing busy roads.🤣

1732? Is that the amount of people run over by a bus each year? 
Does your source confirm how many of the 1732 actually died? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Not A bus, but different buses.

Are we safe after the total of 1732 people have been run over in a year .

Just asking for a friend who has a bus pass ? :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kalos said:

Are we safe after the total of 1732 people have been run over in a year .

Just asking for a friend who has a bus pass ? :classic_unsure:

I'm not an expert in this field but I would advise him to avoid stepping in front of any large road vehicle. It has been statistically proven that in a collision between a pedestrian and a bus/lorry the pedestrian received more damage in the vast majority of cases.

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I'm not an expert in this field but I would advise him to avoid stepping in front of any large road vehicle. It has been statistically proven that in a collision between a pedestrian and a bus/lorry the pedestrian received more damage in the vast majority of cases.

I will pass this info on and  tell  him to book taxis door to door -Safety  first and all that .:classic_smile:

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

6 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Source?

He’s made up the 1732 figure. It’s completely fictional.

I wonder where the idea of telling lies on this topic came from - it seems to come from the top!

These are nearer the truth:

According to the Department for Transport, from 2013 to 2019 an average of 24 pedestrians per year were killed in accidents involving buses or coaches in Great Britain (see table RAS10012).

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I wonder where the idea of telling lies on this topic came from - it seems to come from the top!

According to the Department for Transport, from 2013 to 2019 an average of 24 pedestrians per year were killed in accidents involving buses or coaches in Great Britain (see table RAS10012).

Oh killed?. Dermotsgirl asked how many got run over. If you are asking for England only and killed ,I guess somewhat less. As you have such an interest in this, I will now Bow out.

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

As you have such an interest in this, I will now Bow out.

Perhaps for the best. Your flippancy may not be appreciated by all. Too many families have suffered and are still suffering. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Beckett said:

Poor little chap. We'll do whatever we can for them though won't we - at whatever cost. We've just got back from the vet and he hasn't been discharged. One end of the wound has broken down a bit so same procedure till next Wednesday when he has his third visit. Teddy's delighted really because he knows it's another week of prime steak!

It won’t be much longer Jane.  Hattie sends Teddy a big kiss x

Enjoy your granddaughter and the football.  We’re just settling in for the T20 cricket.  Great fun

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Thanks Harry.

In short, it’s a minimal amount, so the whole ‘you can test positive then get run over by a bus and you are a Covid death’ is just a diversionary tactic.

I see that new infections topped 8000 today, so the situation is going downhill rather rapidly.

I just hope the right decision is made on Monday. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Multiple news outlets suggesting there will be a one month delay in relaxation 😕

If only we had restricted access from India much earlier

Larry the Cat is reporting this too, so it must be true! 

as the Alpha variant (Kent) has fallen away so much, we could have been in a really strong position if India had gone on the red list two weeks earlier. There was a real clamour for it, so definitely not a hindsight thing! 

Edited by Dermotsgirl
  • Like 7