P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good morning , I hope everyone is good today ! There are so many comedians out there

who are /were excellent at what they do and the Big Yin  Billy has to be one of the top rated .

Many years ago I was in a record shop and my late Dad was a fan of his so I bought a tape

of one of Billy's concerts . I personally think they should have put a warning on the tape ..

Do not play whilst driving ! :classic_unsure: I decided to play the tape whilst driving home ..BIG Mistake !

I ended up pulling the car up as I couldn't see with tears of laughter. Billy describing his 

recollection of a guy that walked into the wrong crowd at a Celtic vs Rangers ,then having

to  buy them a Bovril whilst his shoes are held ransom is pure magic . I was lucky enough

to spend a lot of my childhood in the Lanarkshire area ,so could understand that words 

like "Jaggy" means prickly :classic_smile: Also in certain households in Scotland back in the day the 

word "Duvet" was really an old trench coat , whilst ya Ma had visitors .Billy describing 

how a younger sibling has managed to rip the arm off a duvet is brilliant ! 

Todays going to be a hot one ,so remember to protect your skin folks ,just like our friends

up north ,we too have our own special words . In Yorkshire sun block roughly translates

into the pub bar :classic_unsure: You have to take care in this weather .Last time the weather was like

this we had a librarian walk by and they say she was well red :classic_ohmy: The next door neighbours

were having fun they hired a bouncy castle ,chatting to the Mrs the neighbour asked "Why is 

a bouncy castle so expensive to hire ?" I said probably due to the cost of inflation:classic_wink:

To be fair the Mrs was not amused with her next door and her teenage daughters as they

all decided to go topless in their garden . Mrs Kalos says " it's wrong " but I'm on the fence

on this one :classic_unsure: Their  garden is much posher than ours they are really geared up for the 

football ,they have a sun house with a pub in it also a massive corner suite settee, a big 

TV , grills BBQ's and a big tent. It's a wonder they haven't put the house up for sale as they

could easily live in the garden . Anyway I hope you all have a lovely day whatever your up

to today and as always stay safe :classic_love:

Thought for today "How old does a 3 piece suite have to be before I'm allowed to sit on it

and eat a packet of crisps?"  :classic_unsure:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 9
  • Haha 8

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 2:13 PM, Eddie99 said:

She’s still only a baby but give it a few months ...

there could be some gorgeous, albeit scruffy, pups!

Have you read the kids’ books about Hairy Maclarey (from Donaldson’s dairy?). That’s Tommy

Did you see the film Pretty woman "big big mistake".Look at Tommy the Prince now.He's found a family.IMG-20210609-WA0000.thumb.jpg.fc956f4ae726ea15bc0483704dc78211.jpg

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

He has a sad back story Jane.  Brian rescued him from Spain to his new family here

We found him in our village in Italy.He's still in Italy with a new family.We were walking back from the shops and he appeared in front of us from under a parked car.He was alive with ticks and fleas to the point of being very ill.He also was limping with a dislocated hip that had healed in position.The rescue lady in Rome was on holiday in our village and said she would take him in when she got home.We drove him there a few weeks later and she arranged for a vet to operate and here he is a year later.

• Like 11

10 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Also laughing when he collapsed on stage and died, we all thought it was part of his act. He was such an amazing magician, a member of the magic circle. We also liked the Irish comedian Dave Allan.

Avril

I remember it too well, when you've got to go that was as good as it gets, especially for an entertainer.

Dave Allan, another all time favourite, in todays world he would be locked up !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I remember it too well, when you've got to go that was as good as it gets, especially for an entertainer.

And that's just for lighting a ciggy up on stage.

Durrrr - Italy!  I knew that!  Brian has it with his avatar & stuff!  Pah!  I’ll blame the heat ....

Anyway, the boy done good, in whichever European country.

Is he in UK Brian, or was he rehomed in Italy?

It’s a hot one today!  We did a pre-breakfast dog walk and that’ll be it till the evening brings the temperature down.  We’re eating out at 4, so nothing to do re food preparation etc - just enjoy.

We quite accidentally booked for 4, so will be able to watch the England footie beforehand, if we wish.  Such good news that the Danish player appears to be on the mend.

Have a good day all

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Durrrr - Italy!  I knew that!  Brian has it with his avatar & stuff!  Pah!  I’ll blame the heat ....

It’s a hot one today!  We did a pre-breakfast dog walk and that’ll be it till the evening brings the temperature down.  We’re eating out at 4, so nothing to do re food preparation etc - just enjoy.

We quite accidentally booked for 4, so will be able to watch the England footie beforehand, if we wish.  Such good news that the Danish player appears to be on the mend.

Have a good day all

It does look like a hot day ahead. I walked Freddie at 0630 for an hour and it was just lovely and a perfect temperature. No one about and the roads peaceful. 
Enjoy the sunshine everyone and remember the sun cream! ☀️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Did you see the film Pretty woman "big big mistake".Look at Tommy the Prince now.He's found a family.IMG-20210609-WA0000.thumb.jpg.fc956f4ae726ea15bc0483704dc78211.jpg

Wonderful. I can still remember the picture of him when you found him, or should I say when he adopted you? It's lovely he has a family now and that they keep you up to date with his progress. You should be feeling really chuffed bro🥇

Sis

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Have a good day all

He was rehomed in Italy.Normally the North.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Wonderful. I can still remember the picture of him when you found him, or should I say when he adopted you? It's lovely he has a family now and that they keep you up to date with his progress. You should be feeling really chuffed bro🥇

Sis

Cheers sis,there were a few tears when we handed him over but for the best,bro.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Another great! May your God go with you.

He had to be the funniest of all.  I remember the story of Adam and God in the Garden of Eden.  If you google it, it's absolutely hilarious, especially when Eve arrives and he stares at her in disbelief and says "what are those bumps?"  and then his eyes travel downwards and the audience cracks up.  He hasn't even said anything.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Probably matured even better

Have a wonderful time

The cake was excellent and a good time was had by all.

Taking our Grandson out to lunch tomorrow and his Girlfriend is joining us.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

We found him in our village in Italy.He's still in Italy with a new family.We were walking back from the shops and he appeared in front of us from under a parked car.He was alive with ticks and fleas to the point of being very ill.He also was limping with a dislocated hip that had healed in position.The rescue lady in Rome was on holiday in our village and said she would take him in when she got home.We drove him there a few weeks later and she arranged for a vet to operate and here he is a year later.

You've given him life Brian and are my new hero. Jane.x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Roy Chubby Brown is a great comedian but he is a bit blue and vulgar for some people.

Just now, grapau27 said:

Roy Chubby Brown is a great comedian but he is a bit blue and vulgar for some people.

Not in real life, I can tell you that in real life, he is a different person off stage .

• Like 1

Three years ago my daughter adopted a Romanian rescue dog. She was two years old and had spent her life on the streets. She is really lovely but still has issues from her former life. She doesn’t like men in dark clothing (we think that’s from being abused). She rarely drinks water out of a bowl but makes a beeline for any puddles when out for a walk. Perhaps the worst is she has a problem with one of her back legs where it has at some point  been damaged, possibly from being kicked. As Jen is a vet nurse she has lots of contacts, although it’s still expensive, she is getting lots of care. For some reason she loves me and I go walking with her a lot with my autistic grandson. We are fortunate to live on a lovely small estate, many know Leo, who always asks people ‘what’s your name please?’ and lots know Polly’s history.The walks sometimes take a long time if lots of people are about!

• Like 9

Afternoon all hope you’re all enjoying a good Sunday.

It’s pretty hot here, I’m sitting in the garden and there’s more sounds about now from other neighbours than there was when I was sitting out earlier!

Just watched England actually win and thought I’d come out again as it’s a bit cooler, only a bit!

Had a lovely surprise visit from son and family yesterday afternoon so that was lovely. We all sat in the garden for about 3 hours. Apparently Joshua was saying he wanted to go to ‘nanny’s house’ 😀😀

When I have him this Wednesday I won’t have to pick him up on the bus as it’s John’s day off . Anyway they said to us do we want to bring him back and then stay for dinner! So I shall look forward to that.

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 8