PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

47 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

We have had all ten here on Christmas Eve. Joyful pandemonium when opening their presents! However, to be honest, that is when I triple the amount of rum in my rum and coke; 😁

I would NEVER dilute my rum with coke.  I would want the fullest medicinal benefit possible under such circumstances.  But who am I to say what is best or works for you?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nini said:

Doug R.

We are all pulling for you!

Our two daughters are stopping at 2 each, so a total of 4 will be it.

That could possibly work with an adequate supply of rum (skip the coke).

There's no way we would attempt it with our 13!

• Like 1

Just now, 1980dory said:

That could possibly work with an adequate supply of rum (skip the coke).

There's no way we would attempt it with our 13!

I get out the wine bottle opener.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nini said:

Doug R.

We are all pulling for you!

Our two daughters are stopping at 2 each, so a total of 4 will be it.

We got off to a flying start in the grandchildren department with the arrival of triplet girls 12 years ago so with 4 daughters it was real easy to run the count up to 10, especially when one of them married a man with two children from a previous marriage.

Edited by Doug R.
bad spelun
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Doug R. said:

We got off to a flying start in the grandchildren department with the arrival of triplet girls 12 years ago so with 4 daughters it was real easy to run the count up to 10. 

Wow! That is pretty cool! At least I have the one to shower with girlie things. It is tough with the grandsons because we never had boys and DH had 3 sisters.

1 minute ago, nini said:

Wow! That is pretty cool! At least I have the one to shower with girlie things. It is tough with the grandsons because we never had boys and DH had 3 sisters.

Our score is girls 7 boys 3.  My wife had  4 girls (I am the stepfather). 

5 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

We got off to a flying start in the grandchildren department with the arrival of triplet girls 12 years ago so with 4 daughters it was real easy to run the count up to 10, especially when one of them married a man with two children from a previous marriage.

Triplet girls?  I knew twin boys whose last name was Triplett.  Thus, they were the Triplett twins.

At the same time, I knew a set of triplets who mere named Moore!  I don't think any of them were named, Les though.  In Spanish, would that be mas o menos?

This is getting very taxing!   Maybe I need to open some of that Rum or a gallon of my favorite vintage.

• Haha 1

My Great Grandmother had 13 kids. Six of those were 3 sets of twins. I thought for sure that maybe I would have a set, but no.

Well, it is now Wine O' Thirty here, Gotta Go.........

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, nini said:

My Great Grandmother had 13 kids. Six of those were 3 sets of twins. I thought for sure that maybe I would have a set, but no.

Well, it is now Wine O' Thirty here, Gotta Go.........

I have a friend who has 2 set of twins, 1 lot are boys and the other girls, with a sister in between. Don’t think the parents planned on 5 children!!! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nini said:

BTW- it has been two weeks since we received the "One and Done"! The card of proof lies tucked in with our Passports.

READY TO FLY, CRUISE, AND HOLD GRANDKIDS!

Funny instance: 40 weeks Pregnant daughter turned on the A/C yesterday because it was so darn warm! It was 68 degrees in Portland, OR. I had to chuckle............... anyday now

And you can see the new one!!!! I've got 6 and no more 

@Doug R.wishing you a false alarm or speedy recovery

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2

On 4/1/2021 at 8:45 PM, Lucky TGO said:

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends,

Well it finally stopped raining in Boston and now it’s just a little cold. I can’t wait to take the shrink rap off The Rowboat and get it back in the water. Just one other thing.

I hope everything went OK for Doug today 🤞Good luck my friend!!! 
Tony

I guess its time to start looking for plane tickets to Boston! 😄

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Doug R. said:

Thanks for the good wishes everyone, survived the biopsy although I will not have results for 7 to 10 days. I am scheduled for a follow up with the urologist on April 14th. My oncologist, who removed two large benign tumors from my midsection two years ago is watching over his shoulder. 

Spring has left us for a couple of days, but Easter Sunday promises to be spring beautiful!

@nini, Congrats on the impending arrival of your fourth grandchild!! We have 10. You can never have too many grandkids.

Prayers for a good report...waiting is so hard.  Please keep us posted 🙏

• Like 2

Our county, which had a positivity rate below 5% is now over 7% and rising with hospitalizations also on the rise.  Spring breakers and now Easter gatherings will slam us hard.  Come on people, wear the stinkin masks for just a little longer!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LoriPhil said:

Come on people, wear the stinkin masks for just a little longer!

Short term pain for long term gain. Currently anywhere you go we have to wear masks 😷, I know it’s for greater Brisbane but may also be to the entire state. Once at home, in your own car with family or sitting down at a restaurant etc. you can remove your mask. 

Well here in Vancouver Canada while it was getting better the last two weeks nit so much. Gong from about 300 cases a day to over 1000 for a number of days they have closed restaurants take out only and asking us not to travel much.  So hopefully it gets better soon 

Hi to all of my Cruise Critic friends,

At this time I’m not doing well at all. Two of my very good friends husband & wife just died from the virus. 
They both got sick at the same time and went to the same hospital and died the same day within hours of each other. I feel awful at this time.

Stay Safe My Friends,

Tony

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucky TGO said:

At this time I’m not doing well at all. Two of my very good friends husband & wife just died from the virus. 
They both got sick at the same time and went to the same hospital and died the same day within hours of each other. I feel awful at this time.

Stay Safe My Friends,

Tony

I am very sorry for your loss. This is a terrible disease and we can only hope that the vaccines will beat it back. But it will be too late for so many people. Very sad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucky TGO said:

Stay Safe My Friends,

Tony

Tony, I am so sorry for your loss.  

• Like 1