PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

1 hour ago, Reader0108598 said:

In the good old USA we are going to vaccinate illegals first ! who knows when my 73 year old husband or myself at 62 fit in. It's ok I will drag my oxgen tank behind when it is my turn!

Please cite the source for your information.

1 hour ago, Reader0108598 said:

In the good old USA we are going to vaccinate illegals first ! who knows when my 73 year old husband or myself at 62 fit in. It's ok I will drag my oxgen tank behind when it is my turn!

"Illegals" are not getting the vaccination first.  All people in the U.S. are eligible for vaccinations regardless of their immigration status and immigrants are encouraged to get vaccinated when they become eligible based on their local guidelines.

https://khn.org/news/article/scalises-claim-that-unauthorized-immigrants-are-getting-priority-for-vaccination-misses-the-point/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MaineYachtClub said:

"Illegals" are not getting the vaccination first.  All people in the U.S. are eligible for vaccinations regardless of their immigration status and immigrants are encouraged to get vaccinated when they become eligible based on their local guidelines.

https://khn.org/news/article/scalises-claim-that-unauthorized-immigrants-are-getting-priority-for-vaccination-misses-the-point/

Thank you!

• Like 1

yep - without fear of ICE - NBC 'news'

President Joe Biden said during an interview Friday that undocumented immigrants should be able to have access to the Covid-19 vaccine without fear of deportation.

“I want to make sure they all are able to get vaccinated and so they're protected from Covid, without the ICE or anyone else interfering," Biden said. "They should not be arrested for showing up for being able to get a vaccination."

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Reader0108598 said:

50 percent of all those over the age of 65 have already had at least one vaccine shot in the United States.  In the State of Virginia, most people over 65 in my town, have received at least one shot and many have completed their dosage.  The state allowed those over 65 to make appointments on the 13th of January. Our state vaccinated those over 75, people in nursing homes and residential settings got the shots first.  Teachers, medical workers, essential workers and those over 65 are currently eligible in Virginia.  Unfortunately, when the vaccination system was set up, it should have been a universal system instead of the states and county governments doing their own thing.  Interestingly, in a totally unscientific poll that I sent out to my 1965 high school class on facebook, as of today, the responses have been.... 28 have received 1 shot; 18 have received 2 shots; 7 have appointments for the shot and 7 are still waiting.  The class members come from Rhode Island (about 25 %) Massachusetts, Connecticut, California, Florida, Virginia, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri,Texas, South Carolina and Georgia.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, voljeep said:

yep - without fear of ICE - NBC 'news'

President Joe Biden said during an interview Friday that undocumented immigrants should be able to have access to the Covid-19 vaccine without fear of deportation.

“I want to make sure they all are able to get vaccinated and so they're protected from Covid, without the ICE or anyone else interfering," Biden said. "They should not be arrested for showing up for being able to get a vaccination."

Since Covid-19 doesn't care if you are here legally or not, I would hope that everyone residing in the United States receives the shots when they are eligible.   We are all in this together and every shot in the arm helps us to defeat the virus.    

• Like 8

On 2/28/2021 at 9:40 PM, Roberto256 said:

My wife says:

Patience is a virtue ... that I lack.

She's not wrong.

Love it!!! Must admit I say the same about my hubby. He does agree.

• Haha 1

On 2/28/2021 at 3:40 AM, Roberto256 said:

My wife says:

Patience is a virtue ... that I lack.

She's not wrong.

People who actually know me are totally boggled when I tell them that someone I worked with told me, "You are the most patient person I've ever known."  Friends pretty much blow beer out their noses choking when they hear that. At work it was part of my job to be patient and I took my job seriously. In "real life" patience is not really my forte.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Thrak said:

People who actually know me are totally boggled when I tell them that someone I worked with told me, "You are the most patient person I've ever known."  Friends pretty much blow beer out their noses choking when they hear that. At work it was part of my job to be patient and I took my job seriously. In "real life" patience is not really my forte.

I have always been told the same at work. My husband may disagree to some level 😉

22 hours ago, Loki S said:

Just read on the news websites that the Australian international boarder restrictions have been extended for another 3 months, till 17 June 2021 🥲.

Can you share how the vaccine rollout is going?? I'm still hoping for a Queensland cruise in December 2021

Kaiser in California is sending out personalized links to members in 1B (65+, teachers, childcare, 1st responders, food service workers) to get vaccinated. When I checked my link, appointments are wide open at all medical offices but only the 2 shot options. And yes, I want everyone with direct public contact to have free vaccines. 

Still waiting for 1 shot J&J

@Reader0108598have you registered with your state and county for an appointment spot? (Not sure what state you're in but that's how it's done in California) 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2021 at 7:06 AM, Reader0108598 said:

Fake news. It's by category irrespective of nationality. Actually I think it should be by degree of public contact first to minimize spread but that's not how it is being done. A cop / fireman / EMT has a greater need / more probability of spreading than a 70+ who only goes to the porch to pick up food delivery. But Biden didn't ask me ..... and way ahead of his 100k vaccines in 100 days goal!! At 42 days:

Screenshot_20210303-102123_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a3e71988286af5615915852189404b28.jpg

Light at the end of the tunnel! 

• Like 4

I think they’re trying to balance between those with higher risk of hospitalization and death, AND front line workers most at risk of spreading it.   

and you’re right, it’s by group.   The more vaccinated the better it is for all of us.   

I believe there are jobs available in the produce fields for those wishing to “jump the line”.    

• Like 1

Agreed. Vaccinating medically compromised lessens impact on hospitals. 

Bring on J&J across the world!! I want to spend December in Melbourne & snorkeling Great Barrier Reef (already booking Princess excursions)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

Fake news. It's by category irrespective of nationality. Actually I think it should be by degree of public contact first to minimize spread but that's not how it is being done. A cop / fireman / EMT has a greater need / more probability of spreading than a 70+ who only goes to the porch to pick up food delivery.

My son is a Sergeant in the CHP and he got his second shot last week.

• Like 1