The Virtual Explorers' Lounge

photopro2

21 hours ago, CharTrav said:

I contacted Customer Relations on that very question esp all the unmasked not socially distanced people I saw. The response I got was that in essence everybody on board ship was in a bubble - no different than a household - just a bigger one. With regards to Karine, I'm confident they followed all the necessary procedures to ensure she didn't break their bubble. 

Viking will be testing for Covid onboard ocean ships, Several ships have onboard testing already. All ocean ships will be equiped before sailing.

6 minutes ago, Ruthieofthesea said:

Viking will be testing for Covid onboard ocean ships, Several ships have onboard testing already. All ocean ships will be equiped before sailing.

Yup. I've watched the video. 

13 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

We have booked "guaranteed" twice now and both times ended up in DV4. Once it was because we booked less than a month before sailing and the other time was because it was a one week cruise and I felt like playing "guaranteed" roulette.

What type of room had you booked? We were told we were guaranteed the same level of room we had booked or higher. 

48 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

What type of room had you booked? We were told we were guaranteed the same level of room we had booked or higher. 

Guaranteed Veranda both times.  

And, yes, you are guaranteed the category you book or higher, so if you would not be happy in a V or DV, don't book them as guaranteed.  However, when the cabin supply gets low, that is all they will let you book.  

2 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Guaranteed Veranda both times.  

And, yes, you are guaranteed the category you book or higher, so if you would not be happy in a V or DV, don't book them as guaranteed.  However, when the cabin supply gets low, that is all they will let you book.  

Thanks. We booked a PV1. We would’ve liked a PV3, but there were none available. So I guess we’ll either get our PV1 or a suite! 

• Like 1

Okay... Viking cancellations came though today and now I've rebooked for July 6 on Jupiter for the Iceland's Majestic Landscapes cruise... 

What a long strange trip getting to Norway has been! In Feb 2018 we booked to go in June of 2020! rebooked to July 2021... now July 2022. 

Upside: That's a lot of Birthday, Christmas, and Anniversary celebrations we are rolling into one cruise! HA!

• Like 6

Just now, Clay Clayton said:

Liz

We are waiting to find out if there is any chance of a reduced single supplement on any of the Iceland cruises so either a friend or Mike’s Mom can join us 🤞

I can't give you much hope... we got 1 of the last 2 cabins! 

5 hours ago, Tom.in.nc said:

Oh well! As expected, Viking has extended their shutdown through July 31. 

I now have LOTS of vouchers and no where to go 🤬

Tom

The World Cruises for 2021 and 2022 are sold out so you can't use them for that... maybe 2023? I'd love to do that someday...

Edited by Liz Masterson

2 hours ago, Liz Masterson said:

Okay... Viking cancellations came though today and now I've rebooked for July 6 on Jupiter for the Iceland's Majestic Landscapes cruise... 

What a long strange trip getting to Norway has been! In Feb 2018 we booked to go in June of 2020! rebooked to July 2021... now July 2022. 

Upside: That's a lot of Birthday, Christmas, and Anniversary celebrations we are rolling into one cruise! HA!

Liz -

I totally feel for you!  We have a similar route trying to get to Norway.  We booked Midnight Sun for June 2020 what seems like eons ago.  Then rebooked to July 2021, and now rebooked to July 2022.  Hopefully we will get there in 15 months!!  So glad you managed to snag that cabin!  I think cruises will be filling up completely in 2022/23/24.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liz Masterson said:

I can't give you much hope... we got 1 of the last 2 cabins! 

Cabins come and go right up until departure. If there aren't cabins available today, there may well be a few months from now. And there is always the possibility that the social distancing requirements will be eased up.

However, waiting for a sale on the single supplement is a real long shot, not while they have to sell at reduced capacity. Maybe Mom has a friend who would like to sail with her?

2 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Cabins come and go right up until departure. If there aren't cabins available today, there may well be a few months from now. And there is always the possibility that the social distancing requirements will be eased up.

However, waiting for a sale on the single supplement is a real long shot, not while they have to sell at reduced capacity. Maybe Mom has a friend who would like to sail with her?

We are looking at a different sailing which currently had availability.  Mom so far hasn’t found anyone and our friend who would like to go is trying to find someone.  🤞

• Like 1

I need to sit down in here and have a glass of wine.  It has taken me, my TA, Viking Air, and Delta nearly 6 hours, but we are going to Iceland on the June 26 cruise.  Eight blissful days onboard!  I can’t wait.  😃 And everyone vaccinated.  My TA said you have to submit to viking proof of vaccination 14 days prior,  it as of now don’t know how it will be done.  And although we are now eligible to book dining and excursions, being only 80 days out, MVJ is t open to this cruise yet.  I hope it opens soon.  I am ready to rumble!!🍷

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

My TA said you have to submit to viking proof of vaccination 14 days prior,  it as of now don’t know how it will be done.

Here is the current full statement of the Policy and Procedure:

https://docs.vikingcruises.com/pdf/210405_COVID-19PoliciesAndProcedures_Ver1.pdf

Thing is, it is heavy on policy and a bit light on procedure. But, it is very clearly marked as Version 1. It says that we have to fill out paperwork but it does not contain a link to the paperwork.

We are in the process of booking for Jul 3. Called today, pay in full due tomorrow!!!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Here is the current full statement of the Policy and Procedure:

https://docs.vikingcruises.com/pdf/210405_COVID-19PoliciesAndProcedures_Ver1.pdf

Thing is, it is heavy on policy and a bit light on procedure. But, it is very clearly marked as Version 1. It says that we have to fill out paperwork but it does not contain a link to the paperwork.

We are in the process of booking for Jul 3. Called today, pay in full due tomorrow!!!!

Shucks-was hoping to finally sail with you.  Presuming we book we will have to wave at each other as we board on the 10th. 

4 hours ago, Liz Masterson said:

Liz

There isn’t a departure on Jul 6🤔

Either the 3rd or the 10th?  Hoping for the 10th since that’s what we are holding and  May book tomorrow.  If it’s the 3rd then you get to meet Perigrina!

14 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Liz

There isn’t a departure on Jul 6🤔

Either the 3rd or the 10th?  Hoping for the 10th since that’s what we are holding and  May book tomorrow.  If it’s the 3rd then you get to meet Perigrina!

Liz is talking about next summer Bergen to Reykjavik.  

• Like 1

We are booked on 26 June 2021  ! Hope to go in 2 days early and do a small group trip to the Golden Circle  and a hot springs on arrival day  ( not with Viking though ) .  Keeping our fingers crossed that all will be well; optimistic since Iceland is already open to US travelers.

• Like 1