Any news from the Amsterdam?

mame42

2 hours ago, Storylady said:

Philip Stolte just posted an update from the Flying Dutchman. Cleared by Indonesian authorities, but will have to wait in line until May 1st to dock.

Good news. Hope nothing gets in the way of completing the plan. 

• Like 1

And I assume Amsterdam is still carrying the World Cruise passengers' luggage?  To be shipped to ??? from Indonesia?   

Hoping for a positive outcome for all, under the trying circumstances of these days everywhere in the world.  Maureen-- 

3 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

And I assume Amsterdam is still carrying the World Cruise passengers' luggage?  To be shipped to ??? from Indonesia? 

I wonder if the thought has arisen in the minds of the 2020 world cruise guests that are booked for 2021:  just keep my luggage aboard; that's less that I will have to pack in the Fall.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Hoping for a positive outcome for all, under the trying circumstances of these days everywhere in the world.  Maureen-- 

I'm thinking more like Malaysia

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

Check post #235.  Hal indicates, as does Copper10-8, that luggage will be sent from Malaysia.  I don't know where, but there is another thread about 2021 WC passengers hoping their luggage can just be held on board.  Another first world problem that I wish I had.  Cherie

16 hours ago, cccole said:  I don't know where, but there is another thread about 2021 WC passengers hoping their luggage can just be held on board.  Another first world problem that I wish I had.  Cherie

I believe that the luggage thread you referenced and that particular post regarding luggage being kept on board until the next world cruise was made tongue in cheek.

31 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Amsterdam off Tanjung Priok (Jakarta) waiting to get in to repat Indonesian crew; latest news from onboard; looking at Fri 01 May - always subject to change 😉

Image may contain: ocean, sky, outdoor, water and nature

You'd have to have a lot of patience to be a ship's captain, especially in these trying times.  Welcome to the end of the WC, Captain Jonathan!  Safe trip home for you and your officers. 

5 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

You'd have to have a lot of patience to be a ship's captain, especially in these trying times.  Welcome to the end of the WC, Captain Jonathan!  Safe trip home for you and your officers. 

They're going to Manila next 😉

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

So they haven't finished yet?  Is Manila their last port?

Manilla is their last port in order to repatriate crew, at least for now. They are allegedly then going back to Malaysia for a layup period with a skeleton crew

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Manilla is their last port in order to repatriate crew, at least for now. They are allegedly then going back to Malaysia for a layup period with a skeleton crew

Thanks.  I thought they were at that stage of the journey now.

20 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Thanks.  I thought they were at that stage of the journey now.

Nope; minus the small group of Springboks who were allowed to disembark in Durban a couple of weeks ago, she still has her full crew onboard

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Nope; minus the small group of Springboks who were allowed to disembark in Durban a couple of weeks ago, she still has her full crew onboard

I thought the crew were disembarking at this next port.  Are Indonesian crew the biggest group or Philippine ?

1 hour ago, billbunger said:

I believe that the luggage thread you referenced and that particular post regarding luggage being kept on board until the next world cruise was made tongue in cheek.

I think you're right that the thought was thrown out "tongue in cheek" and then there were a few comments that it really wasn't such a bad idea. I'm sure totally unfeasible.  Cherie  

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Are there any prospects for getting Captain Mercer home?

Roy

That would depend on factors such as international airline travel back to the States and local restrictions. We will learn from his blog, so I would suggest keeping an eye on it 😉

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

We'll soon see if Bali is still part of the game plan. Batam was initially, but it got cancelled

John:

You must have some one on the ship tipping you off. I suspect it might be Jonathan Mercer. 

31 minutes ago, Himself said:

John:

You must have some one on the ship tipping you off. I suspect it might be Jonathan Mercer. 

Sorry Father, Capt. Mercer has much more important items to be concerned with than tipping me off. Stay safe!!

Edited by Copper10-8
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1