Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, singinalot said:

We also found out we didn’t get the house in Florida. They got another offer in that surpassed ours.

Housing market is hot right now. Ours was on the market 10 days. We finalized everything yesterday after the inspection. Close on 12/22. 

We will be renting for 8-12 months. There are only 2 decent places to rent with a two car garage that allow our dog. Going to look at both today. 

It’s crazy. We sold our house to a gentleman from NY. I wonder why all these people are bailing out of NY/NJ/CT  and coming to Florida? 😇

M8

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

There are only 2 decent places to rent with a two car garage that allow our dog. Going to look at both today. 

It’s crazy. We sold our house to a gentleman from NY. I wonder why all these people are bailing out of NY/NJ/CT  and coming to Florida? 😇

Dog photos?  And to pasture you because Canadians can’t come down. 😉

8 hours ago, singinalot said:

well today had a bunch of curve balls...Nates surgery has been postponed. Our state has gone to “red level” which means most surgeries are off until Covid numbers are better. This means that all of our planning and scheduling and preparing for Nates recovery are for naught. His back pain will continue for who knows how long 😞

He can’t take months off in the spring because that’s when business picks up.

We also found out we didn’t get the house in Florida. They got another offer in that surpassed ours. I’m actually feeling ok about it. What is supposed to happen will happen, but still sad nonetheless.

I ordered myself the Iphone 12 as a consolation prize. 

I’m sorry to read this, well except for the last sentence. 

37 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Are you fencing something in or out?

M8

Crops in, trespassers out. Good fences make good neighbours.🙂

29 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Update us on the iPhone 12. We both have the 11 Max Pro.  We generally upgrade with new models but really haven’t had the desire to do so this time. 

M8

We like ours enough not to change as well. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, singinalot said:

ahhhhh you knew I would love those decorations and I do!!!! 😍😍😍

I got a new projector for the front of the house today...in an effort to not have Nate try to hang lights this year...we’ll see how that goes.

(plus Sam because apparently it’s cute pets day)

6A2946E1-3042-4ADB-BC10-3CC7584D74FE.png

Hopefully the projector works well. Lisa got a second tree this year for a Christmas gift. She got it early, and it is a skinny tree for the front room. She is going to put it up today, and other than putting it together I do not have to help. (breathing sigh of relief)

Photos to come later today. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Hopefully the projector works well. Lisa got a second tree this year for a Christmas gift. She got it early, and it is a skinny tree for the front room. She is going to put it up today, and other than putting it together I do not have to help. (breathing sigh of relief)

Photos to come later today. 

Minimal outside decorations I hope. I need to move this to the front lamp post. 

1) you can't see from street

2) the dang dawg keeps attacking it

20201120_184629.thumb.jpg.40ac6475727b21bfe000608f67214e9d.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, singinalot said:

well today had a bunch of curve balls...Nates surgery has been postponed. Our state has gone to “red level” which means most surgeries are off until Covid numbers are better. This means that all of our planning and scheduling and preparing for Nates recovery are for naught. His back pain will continue for who knows how long 😞

He can’t take months off in the spring because that’s when business picks up.

We also found out we didn’t get the house in Florida. They got another offer in that surpassed ours. I’m actually feeling ok about it. What is supposed to happen will happen, but still sad nonetheless.

I am sorry you didn't get the house.  The housing market is just crazy right now.  When we were looking in Florida we put in an offer for a house I loved, the owners accepted and then the next day they decided not to sell.  It worked out for us because then we found our current home which is much better.  So you are right it is sad but a more perfect home will come along. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I am sorry you didn't get the house.  The housing market is just crazy right now.  When we were looking in Florida we put in an offer for a house I loved, the owners accepted and then the next day they decided not to sell.  It worked out for us because then we found our current home which is much better.  So you are right it is sad but a more perfect home will come along. 

We are building for first time. Going to build everything on our wish list. Do it right the first time.   We need a big garage. We currently have a 3 car but just not enough room. Very few homes with 5-6 car garages.  We looked in a flyin community that have hangers but the homes were 20-50 years old. Technology has changed so much. New is better, at least for a while. 

M8

• Like 1

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

We are building for first time. Going to build everything on our wish list. Do it right the first time.   We need a big garage. We currently have a 3 car but just not enough room. Very few homes with 5-6 car garages.  We looked in a flyin community that have hangers but the homes were 20-50 years old. Technology has changed so much. New is better, at least for a while. 

M8

I agree with you and when we were looking I mentioned to my husband we should just build but he was not up for that task.  LOL.  We also looked at one of those houses with hangers but the house was in horrible shape and way too small.  This house I have had the kitchen and master bath redone to my taste.  The floor plan has everything we needed which is why we bought.  This next week they are starting on my husband's 30' x 50" shop.  The house came with a 40'x60' but it is not enough for him to work and store his toys in.  His compressor will come next week too so he is busy building a house for it.  Then next year he will put up the metal building that came with the house (in pieces) for extra storage.  That should give him enough room and let my son have an area for wood working.  Slowly but surely we are making this place our own.  We had a front walk poured and today I am working on the front flower beds.

• Like 2

Yesterday afternoon I had a message from my miserable MIL telling me "you need to pick me up a turkey breast, something around 7 or 8 pounds and mashed potatoes with gravy."    Now keep in mind this woman Never says please and thank you!!

So after worked I stopped at food store and picked her a fresh, not frozen, turkey with premade simply mashed potatoes and a jar of turkey gravy.

Took it to her and she immediately screamed and hollered what the hell am I suppose to do with this.  Its raw!!!  I wanted a cooked one like the pictures in the store ad.

She told me to return it and come back with a cooked one and demanded a refund.  She didnt even pay for it!!

She went onto to call me a worthless idiot blah blah blah.  

I came home with with the turkey and told my DH, her Son.  I am done with her.  He agreed!    

Thank god shes not coming to our house for thanksgiving this year!!

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yesterday afternoon I had a message from my miserable MIL telling me "you need to pick me up a turkey breast, something around 7 or 8 pounds and mashed potatoes with gravy."    Now keep in mind this woman Never says please and thank you!!

So after worked I stopped at food store and picked her a fresh, not frozen, turkey with premade simply mashed potatoes and a jar of turkey gravy.

Took it to her and she immediately screamed and hollered what the hell am I suppose to do with this.  Its raw!!!  I wanted a cooked one like the pictures in the store ad.

She told me to return it and come back with a cooked one and demanded a refund.  She didnt even pay for it!!

She went onto to call me a worthless idiot blah blah blah.  

I came home with with the turkey and told my DH, her Son.  I am done with her.  He agreed!    

Thank god shes not coming to our house for thanksgiving this year!!

You have done all you can...now please file official divorce papers (from your MIL) right away.  Live free and happy!  🙂 

OMG...what a witch!!  😮 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

It is quite common for them to absorb deductible. no fraud, they likely make enough off claims and do that to get the business.

I don’t know about Canada, but not true in the US.  (After leaving corporate life, decided to do something very different and started a construction company.  We do a lot of insurance work).  How it works, adjuster comes out and gives a cost to repair and writes a check for the amount, less depreciation and less deductible.  After the work is complete, an invoice from the contractor is sent to the insurance company for the full amount of the adjuster estimate.  The insurance company writes a check for depreciation .  (Now the homeowner has the full amount, less deductible).  If the homeowner does not pay the full amount on the contractor’s invoice, that is fraud.  Fraud because someone sent in an invoice for payment that that was created to get the insurance company to pay the full amount without any intention of actually making that payment. 

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Florida doesn't have roaches, at least that's what I was told when we moved here. Floridians refuse to admit it. They call them Palmetto bugs! 😁  It's a friggen roach.

Exciting for who? I'm sure Olive will disagree with you. 😾

I think some is holiday shopping, but I think the news is exasperating it. They are so sensationalizing that some things are getting low on the shelves that people are starting to freak out like before.

Yes, we definitely have Roaches...plus the much larger Palmetto bug roach.  Pulled the old guest bath  toilet on our previous house when we remodeled it years ago.  Was like one of the worst horror movies ever...about a hundred or so roaches came pouring out of the sewer pipe (public sewer hook up in that neighborhood).  OMG!!!  Stamp..stamp...lots of Raid.  We were both screaming!  😮 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Housing market is hot right now. Ours was on the market 10 days. We finalized everything yesterday after the inspection. Close on 12/22.

M8

Noticed that in our area also.  Maybe they don't "❤️ NY" as much as they think they do.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That's a beautiful cat.

I really wished our 3 could sleep on the bed with us. DH jas bad allergies to them so they aren't allowed in the bedroom. He did about 5 - 6 years of the allergy shots, but gave up because they didn't help.

Omg! They are so cute! Are the 2 that are hugging each other siblings? 

The two hugging each other are Diana (the white and gray) and Tenzing.  Both came from the shelter together.  I was only going to get one cat but Tenzing was lying alone in a basket and the shelter worker said she didn’t socialize with people.  She looked so small and sad I couldn’t leave her there...especially if that’s what they would tell other perspective adopters!  She was shy at first with us but gradually came out of her shell.  She loved Diana.  She loved having Diana groom her.  We had her for three months and then I found her dead five minutes after she’d raced by me.  😢  Can only think congenital heart condition. I was absolutely devastated.  (Pandemic...cats were my life...)  Now I try to focus on the three happy months she was with us and hope she found another soulmate on the other side of the bridge.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yes, we definitely have Roaches...plus the much larger Palmetto bug roach.  Pulled the old guest bath  toilet on our previous house when we remodeled it years ago.  Was like one of the worst horror movies ever...about a hundred or so roaches came pouring out of the sewer pipe (public sewer hook up in that neighborhood).  OMG!!!  Stamp..stamp...lots of Raid.  We were both screaming!  😮 

Growing up in Georgia I was completely demoralized by roaches.  Big black flying things three inches long that can get through a sliver of space...  When I was in school in Boston my roommate screamed and said “Roach!”  I looked and it was a pale brown thing the size of an eraser.  I had no problem dispatching whatever that tiny thing was!

Now, look at this mark in the heart pine floor of our kitchen!!

image.thumb.jpeg.6481f7da884b19eb45fed85c6fdf14cb.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'll make it there someday. 😪

Recently cancelled our March cruises on Ovation that ended there

I remember the "mechanical failure" and "timed-out crews" on your way to Singapore to board the Mariner... A string of bad lucks....😢

You'll get there 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, singinalot said:

well today had a bunch of curve balls...Nates surgery has been postponed.

Sorry, Crystal (sad/sorry button still MIA😢)....

All I can tell you is that, sometimes, postponing works for the better. Your dreamy house in Florida is there, waiting just for you 🌺

DH is asking whether you're doing the Jordan tour all alone, or have a guide with you?

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That seems harsh. Why do they do that?

The "Union" doesn't allow to employ more than 5 years on a "temporary" basis -- it's either "tenure" or fired. The airline isn't interested in "tenure" since they'll have to pay much more in social benefits and salaries. Moreover, tenure have better hotels than temporaries, priority SBY for them and their families -- you know the "drill"...

You'll never see in El Al flights many FAs older than 30 years. It is considered a student job, and, for students, it is an ideal arrangement. They only have to give 40 flight hours per month -- 2 WE in NY, and one "quickie" to LHR and you're all set.

DS has done 2 "stints" - one when he was studying for his BA (4 years), and left to work in his business admn. "job". 2 and a half years later the job was downsized, and, after being unemployed for a year, decided to go back to El Al for 5 years.

You can do a "stint" every 3 years...😁

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

You have done all you can...now please file official divorce papers (from your MIL) right away.  Live free and happy!  🙂 

OMG...what a witch!!  😮 

Great idea!  Everyone else in the family has.  Her other Son, her Sister and all her neighbors have not spoken with her in many years.   My DH promised his Father 10 yrs ago when he passed away from cancer that he would watch over her.    We have no idea how that saint lived with her for all those years.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Great idea!  Everyone else in the family has.  Her other Son, her Sister and all her neighbors have not spoken with her in many years.   My DH promised his Father 10 yrs ago when he passed away from cancer that he would watch over her.    We have no idea how that saint lived with her for all those years.

And I thought mine was bad!!  OMG...bless your heart for putting up with her for so long.  Now you can be rest assured you did all you could, and can move on with your life without her bringing you down any longer.  🙂 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

And I thought mine was bad!!  OMG...bless your heart for putting up with her for so long.  Now you can be rest assured you did all you could, and can move on with your life without her bringing you down any longer.  🙂 

Thank you.  I plan on it!!

My Hubby is going to call her today and tell her from now on she can order her food and have it delivered and to leave me alone.    I am officially done  Yay!!

Sad her adult grandchildren cannot stand her either.  She gives them crap since the day they were born.  She hated babies and wouldnt even hold them.   Enough.  I'm going to enjoy the beautiful day and decorate for the holidays.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

The two hugging each other are Diana (the white and gray) and Tenzing.  Both came from the shelter together.  I was only going to get one cat but Tenzing was lying alone in a basket and the shelter worker said she didn’t socialize with people.  She looked so small and sad I couldn’t leave her there...especially if that’s what they would tell other perspective adopters!  She was shy at first with us but gradually came out of her shell.  She loved Diana.  She loved having Diana groom her.  We had her for three months and then I found her dead five minutes after she’d raced by me.  😢  Can only think congenital heart condition. I was absolutely devastated.  (Pandemic...cats were my life...)  Now I try to focus on the three happy months she was with us and hope she found another soulmate on the other side of the bridge.

Ah so sad to hear that.  I'm sure Diana misses her dearly.  Animals have a way of knowing when something is just not right maybe this is why Diana took such good care of her.  

Happy that she was in her home and given all the love you had before she passed.   I'm sure she is in a happy place and playing and napping with her new friends.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, singinalot said:

I got a new projector for the front of the house today...in an effort to not have Nate try to hang lights this year...we’ll see how that goes.

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Minimal outside decorations I hope. I need to move this to the front lamp post. 

I realize that Nate is dealing with a back issue, but in general there is a definite correlation between age and outdoor decorations at my house.  I now do only inflatable, projector, and ground based decorations.  No ladder, no strings of lights, no garland or other decorations wrapped around the front porch. 

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Hopefully the projector works well. Lisa got a second tree this year for a Christmas gift.

Welcome to the multi-tree society.  We have the main tree, a skinny tree in the front hall (only has pet ornaments), and then a tree that goes on the front porch (has to be bolted to the deck, I now leave the flange that anchors it out there year round).  Then there are fake presents.  Boxes with rocks in them (2nd year addition due to wind), wrapped in cut up Christmas table cloths (3rd or 4th year addition as weather destroys wrapping paper to quickly).

Edited by Domino D
  • Like 1