Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

42 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Best of luck, Sue.  I had bone implants done;  once that was healed, I then got the dental implants..it's been 10 years now.

You are too funny, Graham!  BTW, is that ketchup on your sausage and bacon?  

Yes it is tomato ketchup.

We were in an Italian restaurant in Southampton after getting off P&O Britannia on August 26th.

I always have tomato ketchup and Pauline sometimes has brown sauce or tomato ketchup.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

You are probably going to think I’m an idiot but I decided to wait. I’m going to buy a f1.8 prime for my Nikon so I can take better pics in low light with no flash. I will eventually get the One X2 probably for my cruise next year but I was worried that I would spend too much time on the learning curve. I got the new Go Pro Hero 9 so I think I should spend my time working with it than worrying about two new cameras. I really want to do a good review but I also want to relax and enjoy myself too. I think I can multitask it alright.

Have you seen the new OM5 phone gimbal that DJI just released?  May not make sense for you since the Hero 9 is supposed to have good stabilization.  I've got the original Osmo Mobile that I like but it's a little big/heavy and getting a Max sized iPhone on and off the clamp is a bit of a pain (you need to remove the phone case).  The OM5 really does fit in your pocket and the magnet clamp allows you to easily take your phone on an off the gimbal (based on videos that I've seen).  Much better for travel.  It says something when I'm looking at the OM5 before looking at another Canon lens.  A 1.8 prime would be a really nice addition.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Raw carrots were my downfall. 

That makes sense.  When I have a suspicious tooth, my old dentist told me to bite down on a carrot every once in awhile to see if it causes pain.  If it does...make appointment.  It never did, but wow...those Rabbits must have powerful teeth.  😄 🐰

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love black pudding.     Always enjoy when I find in WJ too!

That was the first and only time I have seen it...was a breakfast offering in the WJ.  Knowing me, of course, I had to try it.  Not bad...but too salty and I really don't want to know what is in it.  😮😉 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Have you seen the new OM5 phone gimbal that DJI just released? 

Yes I have and it looks great. My son has the orginal Osmo  which he is taking but like you said it does not work well with an iPhone 10ProMax especially mine with an otterbox case. It was so nice on my Harmony cruise two years ago to do everything with the iPhone. Now I am going to try a combination of iPhone, Go Pro and my Nikon. It will be interesting to see what I end up using the most.

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

That was the first and only time I have seen it...was a breakfast offering in the WJ.  Knowing me, of course, I had to try it.  Not bad...but too salty and I really don't want to know what is in it.  😮😉 

I wish I could get here in the states but it is not legal to sell in the US

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Well today went to see the new addition to my brother. I am so glad I am

his favorite sister. (Only sister). Maybe one day I will drive it ………… not. 

New 2021 corvette. 

If you want a new brother.😉😉😉🤷‍♂️ 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

You are probably going to think I’m an idiot but I decided to wait. I’m going to buy a f1.8 prime for my Nikon so I can take better pics in low light with no flash. I will eventually get the One X2 probably for my cruise next year but I was worried that I would spend too much time on the learning curve. I got the new Go Pro Hero 9 so I think I should spend my time working with it than worrying about two new cameras. I really want to do a good review but I also want to relax and enjoy myself too. I think I can multitask it alright.

By no means do I think you are an idiot, just thought you might have the problem I have, over thinking/research.  I have been looking at 360° cameras a long time.  One x2 is at the top of my value list.  I have also considered getting the DJI pocket 2.  Although not 360°, I like the gimbal and small size.  My BIL uses it.  He is big into travel YouTube.  Each year he picks a place to spend a month or so and scuba dives.  I also considered getting a gimbal for my phone but read the newest phones have great stability in video that a gimbal is not needed.  As of today I am thinking to just upgrade my phone.

So you see I just over analyze purchases.  Thought you might be there so I thought a nudge might help.

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

So you see I just over analyze purchases.  Thought you might be there so I thought a nudge might help.

Thank you for that. I am a analyzing tech nut when it comes to this stuff. I'll spend hours looking at reviews, examples, tech specs just to make the right informed decision. We are so much alike. If they would just make a iPhone that has 45mp, with ability to use multiple lens, 360, internal stabilization and waterproof down deep in the water I would be buy it in a second. It's nice to dream.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Have you seen the new OM5 phone gimbal that DJI just released?  May not make sense for you since the Hero 9 is supposed to have good stabilization.  I've got the original Osmo Mobile that I like but it's a little big/heavy and getting a Max sized iPhone on and off the clamp is a bit of a pain (you need to remove the phone case).  The OM5 really does fit in your pocket and the magnet clamp allows you to easily take your phone on an off the gimbal (based on videos that I've seen).  Much better for travel.  It says something when I'm looking at the OM5 before looking at another Canon lens.  A 1.8 prime would be a really nice addition.  

I noticed the OM5 today.  Looks nice and light weight too.  I am a Canon guy with to many lenses.  I used the larger Canon cameras a lot when the girls were with us. I found myself upgrading lenses and cameras with better ISO to shoot basketball games and other indoor events. One time going on a cruise I got a smaller underwater camera.  I found myself using it more for everything on vacation because it was easier to get around than a big camera and a large zoom lense.  I now don’t even remember the last time I got the Canon out.

I am considering getting the Galaxy S21 Ultra.  I want a nice camera that also can function as a phone when needed 😂 I like the 3x and 10x optical zoom and it looks like it takes good video.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

It's been a good morning for me and I am honored and humbled to learn that I have been nominated for two Emmy awards in my last year as a video editor before I retire. I don't expect to win but it is truly an honor to be nominated in a very competitive 5 state region. These nominations were for video editing and graphics design for two specials we did. One of our annual Plaza Christmas Lighting and the other on interview and discussion special program where I edited most of the stories centered around the discussion. Ceremony will be virtual so it makes it easier as I don't have to wear a tux and I can sit in the living room watching it on tv in my shorts.

Greg Steele

2021 EMMY NOMINATIONS 2.jpg

2021 EMMY NOMINATIONS.jpg

Congrats! What a way to greet retirement. 

Here's to hoping you win!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Well today went to see the new addition to my brother. I am so glad I am

his favorite sister. (Only sister). Maybe one day I will drive it ………… not. 

New 2021 corvette. 

6D4AB47F-F920-4EBF-BF5C-082DC376642B.jpeg

7F1B6490-76E4-44DD-A04E-C9BCD766487D.jpeg

My son and his wife are flying to Nashville tomorrow and then Übering to Bowling Green to pick his up. 
His color is Red Mist. I wonder if that’s your brother’s car’s color. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you Sue. I must say it never gets old. Life in broadcast television is a very thankless job so to get recognized is something special.

Congratulations on  being nominated. That is a win by itself. Nominated twice is amazing!

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 3