Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

It's been a good morning for me and I am honored and humbled to learn that I have been nominated for two Emmy awards in my last year as a video editor before I retire.

What a wonderful honor to be nominated twice and well deserved I am sure.  

Congratulations.  What a fitting way to start retirement in style, whether win or lose!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Congratulations on  being nominated. That is a win by itself. Nominated twice is amazing!

That's my attitude. Thank you so much.

7 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

What a wonderful honor to be nominated twice and well deserved I am sure.  

Congratulations.  What a fitting way to start retirement in style, whether win or lose!

Thank you! Let's get this retirement party started.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Going to take a pause in the story while I work on the vlog for that day. ☺️

this was supposed to be a picture and I don’t think she knew she was recording instead 🤣

IMG_7537.MOV 1.33 MB · 0 downloads

I am guilty of doing this.  More than once...twice..........

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

For Father’s Day this year I actually made my dad a photo book of all the photos I’d taken on the trips we made to FL over the past year

04118062-5F75-4797-81AC-FD4D4997D297.thumb.png.4a9e869ab7a7497ad4c0f0d547512e72.png

maybe I should make one for my mom!

Oh Yeah!    being a Mom I can say she would love that!   Great Christmas present. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

It's been a good morning for me and I am honored and humbled to learn that I have been nominated for two Emmy awards in my last year as a video editor before I retire. I don't expect to win but it is truly an honor to be nominated in a very competitive 5 state region. These nominations were for video editing and graphics design for two specials we did. One of our annual Plaza Christmas Lighting and the other on interview and discussion special program where I edited most of the stories centered around the discussion. Ceremony will be virtual so it makes it easier as I don't have to wear a tux and I can sit in the living room watching it on tv in my shorts.

Greg Steele

2021 EMMY NOMINATIONS 2.jpg

2021 EMMY NOMINATIONS.jpg

Congratulations! What an honor and a great way to close out your career.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Sure, I would check it out.   Maybe they could get a couple more Below Deck crew to be on that sailing - that would be fun to meet them. 

On 9/8/2021 at 5:49 AM, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

We will fly out to Seattle Thursday morning.  Plan to visit Pike Place Market and Space Needle.  And then board Ovation Friday at noon. 

Pikes Place is a great place to get cut flowers to bring onboard. Have a great cruise.

Edited by ReneeFLL

On 9/8/2021 at 12:32 PM, Sea Dog said:

I'm a big fan of Tommy Bahama. Love their cargo shorts. I've got 5 pairs. I do wish they could make their shirts of a blend of materials. The silk though it feels great wrinkles so easy.

After you posted the other day about the TB Survivor shorts I bought a pair for Mike. He loves them.

Things have been crazy lately, and I just got caught up from being about 15 pages behind.  So I will start out with a 

FSOTD

DA03ED6A-D8BE-4C3B-B105-7D85C8432E41.thumb.jpeg.1e35221df6ee83dcd15ca9e4859d7aac.jpeg

This was just delivered this morning. A new wing collar formal shirt to replace my old one.  I usually take two different styles. Now to wait for the cruise to get here, since final payment was just made. 😁

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

It's been a good morning for me and I am honored and humbled to learn that I have been nominated for two Emmy awards in my last year as a video editor before I retire. I don't expect to win but it is truly an honor to be nominated in a very competitive 5 state region. These nominations were for video editing and graphics design for two specials we did. One of our annual Plaza Christmas Lighting and the other on interview and discussion special program where I edited most of the stories centered around the discussion. Ceremony will be virtual so it makes it easier as I don't have to wear a tux and I can sit in the living room watching it on tv in my shorts.

Greg Steele

Congratulations Greg, what a great honor.  Hopefully you win both so the two new statues can keep your other two company. 🥳

• Like 2

On 9/8/2021 at 4:49 AM, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

We will fly out to Seattle Thursday morning.  Plan to visit Pike Place Market and Space Needle.  And then board Ovation Friday at noon. 

If you have time go to the Chihuly glass museum and garden. The most amazing glass works! It's near the Space Needle.

• Like 3

@singinalot Your drone footage in Utah currently & elsewhere previously is amazing.  I have never really appreciated drone footage before but I started following a guy on Instagram during our lockdown who posts daily drone footage from Bondi Beach here in Sydney - whales & calves, seals, sharks and manta rays - doing their thing in the water amongst the surfers, swimmers and bait fish balls.  Amazing.  
Your drone footage really adds an extra dimension to holiday footage.  
re Utah.  My daughter & I visited Kings Canyon here in Australia a couple of years back.  I flew over in a helicopter and my daughter did the walk.  I asked my daughter afterwards what she thought as everyone raves about it.  She said it was ok but it simply doesn’t compare to the Utah NPs.  Now that I have seen your drone footage I understand why.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Greg Steele

Congratulations. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Re Wisdom teeth discussion.  Funny thing happened when my daughter had 4 out last summer.  The day surgery gave her ice blocks to wear wrapped in a bandage around her face to reduce the swelling.  On the day after surgery, which was a Saturday, she went to the freezer to retrieve them and they were gone.  Her brother had taken them to keep in his drinks cool in the esky/cooler at cricket. She was not impressed.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5