Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

24 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I don’t know which train we took to Jackson Heights, I figured the 6th Ave because that’s the line my grandmother always took to Manhattan from Parsons Blvd. 

Seems like we were underground but yet it was elevated coming in to Jackson Heights. I remember it was storming and lightning all around us and we’re up in the air on the platform daring it to hit us. 
being a Florida girl,  I was surrounded by water, and here I was risking my life to swim in a pool. It was fun, though. 
I haven’t been on a New York subway in about 25 years, but I can remember the smell from the train and the squealing brakes. My uncles took us to Manhattan and to the Bronx Zoo so many times, and they always pulled us right off our feet running down the steps to the platform in case a train was there. 
Like there wouldn’t be another after it!

The only ad I remember was for English Muffins. It told how to make a little pizza out of them. 
As soon as I got home to jacksonville, I talked my mother into buying the muffins and the ingredients. They were fun to make and fun to eat. 

I was last on a subway in 1990.The first time I was on the subway it was five cents a ride.I remember when the fare went up to a dime.People were outraged.

• Like 1

Saturday the whole family got together to celebrate my youngest DD 30th birthday.  She is the one who is in her 32 week of pregnancy.   The SIL cooked us a meal on their new Blackstone. 

image.thumb.png.017975491da41f88858b159208cd5a66.png

Today was her actual birthday so the ones that live around town joined us for dinner.  Sharon fixed Curry and Roti and used beef instead of chicken.   While living in Fiji it became a family traditional meal.  We topped it with Amish Paste tomatoes and chopped onions. 

image.thumb.png.d2f60890b6dcce00bbcd2b219ab22451.png

Later we celebrated with a DQ icecream cake.

image.thumb.png.24f5a6fd356ea1d10c7394a7743d1938.png

Kenzie really liked it.

image.thumb.png.cf309d5e4a4bee83ceca826b4e8fc681.png

• Like 20

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Saturday the whole family got together to celebrate my youngest DD 30th birthday.  She is the one who is in her 32 week of pregnancy.   The SIL cooked us a meal on their new Blackstone. 

Today was her actual birthday so the ones that live around town joined us for dinner.  Sharon fixed Curry and Roti and used beef instead of chicken.   While living in Fiji it became a family traditional meal.  We topped it with Amish Paste tomatoes and chopped onions. 

Kenzie really liked it.

Happy 30th.birthday to your daughter.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

It looks like Below Deck will run from 8:00 to 9:15 and BD Down Under will run from 9:15 to 10:45 tonight.

Watching. I may be premature in this opinion but the bosun is WORTHLESS. I see her as passing off her job duties on everyone else while she sits back and smokes. 

Edited by Bailey & Sophie
Clarification.
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am not crazy about the looks of this new boat.

While I think it looks cool from the outside. I found it to be narrow and cold on the inside. Not a lot of warmth there.

19 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Today was her actual birthday 

Happy 30th wished to your daughter. I love ice cream cake!!

19 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

13 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

This bosun comes across as not particularly competent.

Lazy and a smoker. Such a turn off for me. At first I thought she looke kinda cool with that femme fatale assassin. But boy is she lazy. Sandy will not stand for that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, helen haywood said:

That’s my philosophy.  The car (a 1986 560) had not been driven for several years when his mom passed.  She lived in Atlanta and he was going to drive it over here…2 hours on I-20.  😱  I was following him…he had to pull off the highway twice as the engine died.  He actually was going to get back on the highway after the second death…I put my foot down and called AAA to come and tow it.

That’s the problem with too many outbuildings…

I’ve reiterated over the years that he should sell it…falls on deaf ears.  Rule No. 2 in marriage is:  pick your battles.  (No. 1 is:  separate checking accounts.)

Agreed with all that you post, especially the last paragraph. The 560 was a nice model. My dad had a 1986 420 sedan back in the day.

9 hours ago, HBE4 said:

When my father passed away in 2004, we gave his 1988 Mercury Grand Marquis station wagon to my nephew who was in college at the time. He had many fond memories of the car from his childhood when he & his grandfather (my dad) would take road trips together, often just the two of them.   For a few years, it was his daily driver back and forth to college.

This car was the typical "Grandfather car". The big, boxy with a hood as long as an aircraft carrier. Wire wheel covers, opera lights, fake wood grain paneling, velour seats, etc. I thought it he'd be embarrassed driving the car to school but the opposite was true.  It somehow came across as "Retro-cool" (yeah, I don't get it either) and when my nephew told people the story as to why he had the car, well, let's just say he did very well with the ladies.

Anyways, once he started his career, he purchased better daily drivers including a BMW and Cadillac ATS with manual transmission but he still would love to drive the old Mercury wagon on weekends.  Eventually, he drove it less and less and time & the elements caught up with the car. Too much rust and he had too little time to maintain the car even though he is quite the backyard mechanic.  

My uncle had many Grand Marquis wagons.  He was a photographer long before digital photography, and he needed lots of spare to drag his gear. It would be exactly as you described inside and out. Wagons have made a retro comeback and it is nice to know that your dad’s car got to continue on with family. At some point their time ends, and quicker in the rust belt. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Kenzie really liked it.

HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY to your DD😍   the food looks delicious and so does Kenzie🤩

I always like DQ ice cream cakes.   I might just have to get one for my Brothers 60th birthday later this month.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wonder if she will last the season. Deck hand Jason seems to already know his boss is worthless.

Yes, he is really holding back.   Almost looked like he was going to snap when she sat down to eat lunch.

And that pile of provisions laying around the hallway was probably her responsibility to put away.

The interior crew seems to be working well.   Glad Natayla wears glasses.

• Like 2

@Sunshine3601 how are you liking the Amish Paste.  I decided to grow them again this year to make pizza sauce.  I made some and the sauce is thick. Great taste.  

It has been very hot with very little rain.  I have a squirrel that has been climbing the fence this week.  It has eaten ten tomatoes already. 

• Like 1

Down Under has a beautiful boat.

I love that boat. It’s older than “Home” on BD Med but I think it’s moe opulent.

DU's chef seems like an a$$ already.

Oh you just wait he’s a real a$$.

56 minutes ago, singinalot said:

ive already watched the season on Peacock and I can say that my opinions ebbed and flowed throughout 

Me too I really enjoyed it even though I did not care for some of the crew. I really liked Capt. Jason.

54 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I've heard that. Preference sheets don't matter...They'll get what I cook.

When I heard that I thought there’s no way he should be a chef on a charter yacht. All chefs know their role. It’s Almost as if they hired the guy on purpose to be an antagonist .

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, singinalot said:

admittedly, i have not been on in over a week and i am 40 pages behind; trying to catch up. 

here’s a glimpse into our lives this past week…my dad, sister & brother in law were here last weekend and my sister brought her dog, Benji, to play with Sam:

B6A48B99-66FB-4249-84F5-3732E00FDA66.thumb.jpeg.6e5a51d621ce23c7b71137b2d665d8a5.jpeg

BDAE13F1-EA5B-4D93-A1B8-C6ACBD488DD7.thumb.jpeg.4248db45b87b4aae84c9b977ead692af.jpeg

on July 3, we went to an Independence Day party at our friends’ house on the lake:

IMG_5189.MOV 22.49 MB · 1 download  

IMG_5198.MOV 14.83 MB · 2 downloads  

on the 4th, we went to my cousin’ house. someone in her neighborhood paid thousands of dollars to do over 30 mins of a show. i’m still working on putting a full video together, but here is a clip

IMG_5243.MOV 108.68 MB · 2 downloads  

on other notes, we leave in 3 weeks for Paris & Crete and we’ve now booked a weekend in NYC in November as well

The fireworks is really good.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Kenzie really liked it.

Happy belated 30th birthday for your lovely daughter.

birthday-wishes.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1