Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

We were in the St.Francis Hotel in the summer of 1970.I still have the brochure that they gave us when we checked in.We were there for a week .

I love SF.

You should read this when you have the time.

https://www.becomingminimalist.com/does-it-spark-joy-is-the-wrong-decluttering-question/

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Coincidentally, I just watched that movie as well.  Started last night but fell asleep half-way thru the movie as it's almost 3 hours long. Watched the last half this morning but before I did that, I did something really stupid. I was wondering where it was filmed as I found the exotic locations to be beautiful and of course, I came across a spoiler as I was consulting Mr. Google. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Currently watching The Lost City with Sandra Bullock. Love her!  Also has some very exotic beautiful locations although I can pretty much guess where it's filmed. Hawaii, I think, even though in the movie it's somewhere mid-Atlantic. And with most rom-coms, I have a pretty good idea how this movie will end.

Oh no! Hate that when you inadvertently spoil it for yourself. I’ve done that too with Google search.  Reason I didn’t watch it at the movies was the length of the previous one.  I will watch The Lost City when it comes to the streaming platform.  Been a while since I’ve watched a Sandra Bullock movie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

The Towering Inferno did it for me and glass elevators. 
We checked into the St Francis in San Francisco and boarded what I thought was a regular elevator and by the time it passed the third floor and was outside I realized the three walls were glass. 
The first time it stopped, I bailed. 
No clue what our room number was. 
I was going to walk down the stairs to the lobby when an elevator pinged farther down the wall and a room service guy came off. A normal elevator!

I jumped on, and pressed the lobby button. 
I asked for our room number and how could I get there without the glass elevator. That’s when Dick walked up mad as heck. I had left him with both of our carry ons and he didn’t know where I went. 
He got over his mad and I found out that yes, they had normal elevators for panicky people. 
We had a lovely week as always in that great city. 

That would be me too.  I see those glass lifts that go up outside buildings and just shake my head.  

27 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Debbie, that sounds crazy delicious!!  I love all the ingredients but not sure what Amish paste tomatoes are.  

Amish paste tomatoes is a heirloom tomatoes or Amish origin.   They are plum tomatoes that are sweet and great for sauces and purees but also good to eat fresh in salads.

How are you doing with your move?  Tomorrow?  

I also hope OT and PT are going well🤩

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

I was in charge of one of our meets and forgot to remind the guys to put the backstroke flags up. 
At the end of the meet, one of the opposing team’s moms came after me with her umbrella. Luckily for me, one of the other moms grabbed it when she raised it over her head to give me a good whack. 
I already felt terrible about the flags,  but it hurt our kids just as much. 
I worried about seeing her again, but she was just as friendly the next time as she had always been. 
I never forgot the flags again. 

Good grief.  If she hadn’t been stopped, you could have had her charged with assault.  What an over-reaction.

• Like 5

The Towering Inferno did it for me and glass elevators. 
We checked into the St Francis in San Francisco and boarded what I thought was a regular elevator and by the time it passed the third floor and was outside I realized the three walls were glass. 
The first time it stopped, I bailed. 
No clue what our room number was. 
I was going to walk down the stairs to the lobby when an elevator pinged farther down the wall and a room service guy came off. A normal elevator!

I jumped on, and pressed the lobby button. 
I asked for our room number and how could I get there without the glass elevator. That’s when Dick walked up mad as heck. I had left him with both of our carry ons and he didn’t know where I went. 
He got over his mad and I found out that yes, they had normal elevators for panicky people. 
We had a lovely week as always in that great city. 

How about the elevators on Radiance Class?

I like the one on the Westin in Atlanta

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Neat elevators(great view of the sea), just don't get a balcony cabin on that side where the elevator is or while on your balcony you are going to make friends quick friends with the people going up and down on the elevator.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I had started downhill skiing by then, which, believe it not, helped. 
I love Radiance class and the outside elevator is one of the reasons. 
maybe because I can swim, but I can’t fly. 
The QM2 has one all the way forward. 
great way to get to the spa. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Before the St Francis episode,  we went to the Hyatt Regency in Atlanta. 
The glass elevator scared me so bad I embarrassed my kids by sitting on the floor facing the doors. 
 When we drive through Atlanta now, the top of that Hyatt isn’t even halfway up the surrounding buildings. 
I love the atrium ones on cruise ships. 
No problem with them. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Amish paste tomatoes is a heirloom tomatoes or Amish origin.   They are plum tomatoes that are sweet and great for sauces and purees but also good to eat fresh in salads.

How are you doing with your move?  Tomorrow?  

I also hope OT and PT are going well🤩

I've had heirloom tomatoes.  So sweet. When I use home grown tomatoes I never use salad dressing. Just a bit of oil and salt, nothing to overpower the goodness of those tomatoes.  I also like to buy small Persian cukes.  Large store bought cukes have no flavor IMHO.  We eat salads daily.  Nothing fancy, just tomatoes, cukes, peppers, onion.  

Yes, our move is tomorrow.  Not much more to do than pack up tomorrow what we need until then.  

PT is not needed until I can bear (bare?) weight on my left leg but I DO need OT.  I had no idea how to wash my hair until the OT showed me such an easy way.  Stand up on one leg, lean my head down as I lean toward the sink holding onto arms onto the countertop just before where the sink is   Hard to explain but it works.  So far the OT is a gem full of helpful tips and tricks.

Hand held shower nozzle and shower chair to be delivered any day. 

I miss my old normal but so thankful and grateful this is just temporary.

• Like 11

DD has just spent 3 fabulous days camping at Mt Rainier National Park.  All photos and video are from Skyline Loop Trail hike 10km - 3.5hrs.  It was their first hike and hike they had perfect weather. Hope the videos work.  Vista, Trail hike toilet with amazing views and marmot.8049D166-65F9-44E0-85E7-55AB861F0B3A.thumb.jpeg.84dfbb044098c985f27cff3e20bfc24a.jpeg

895883C4-5C3B-43A5-A303-9BE0F1B6E162.thumb.png.24ee39f0eed8b3509a1f4fb9f3abb2ec.png

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DD has just spent 3 fabulous days camping at Mt Rainier National Park.  All photos and video are from Skyline Loop Trail hike 10km - 3.5hrs.  It was their first hike and hike they had perfect weather. Hope the videos work.  Vista, Trail hike toilet with amazing views and marmot.8049D166-65F9-44E0-85E7-55AB861F0B3A.thumb.jpeg.84dfbb044098c985f27cff3e20bfc24a.jpeg

895883C4-5C3B-43A5-A303-9BE0F1B6E162.thumb.png.24ee39f0eed8b3509a1f4fb9f3abb2ec.png

IMG_6498.MOV 2.19 MB · 1 download   IMG_6499.MOV 2.53 MB · 1 download   IMG_6500.MOV 2.26 MB · 1 download  

Amazing videos!!  Your DD should start a travel blog. 

• Thanks 1

Back from our little getaway and finally caught up reading.  
We left PA ( about 20 min west of Philly) at 6:55 am today and were home at 11:20 am. If you’ve ever driven I-95 in CT, or tried to cross the George Washington or Cuomo (TappanZee) bridge on a Sunday during the summer, then you know why we got on the road so early.  

@BonTexasNYglad you’re doing well and learning some tricks from OT. 

@A&L_Ont also glad your Mom’s surgery is in the rear view mirror and all went well.  How’s she doing today? 

Just relaxing today, it’s been a busy few days.  Looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight.  Generally I don’t sleep great away from home, except on cruise ships - go figure!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I've had heirloom tomatoes.  So sweet. When I use home grown tomatoes I never use salad dressing. Just a bit of oil and salt, nothing to overpower the goodness of those tomatoes.  I also like to buy small Persian cukes.  Large store bought cukes have no flavor IMHO.  We eat salads daily.  Nothing fancy, just tomatoes, cukes, peppers, onion.  

Yes, our move is tomorrow.  Not much more to do than pack up tomorrow what we need until then.  

PT is not needed until I can bear (bare?) weight on my left leg but I DO need OT.  I had no idea how to wash my hair until the OT showed me such an easy way.  Stand up on one leg, lean my head down as I lean toward the sink holding onto arms onto the countertop just before where the sink is   Hard to explain but it works.  So far the OT is a gem full of helpful tips and tricks.

Hand held shower nozzle and shower chair to be delivered any day. 

I miss my old normal but so thankful and grateful this is just temporary.

We also eat a lot of salads, especially in the summer.   So nice to pick from the garden.

Tomorrow I plan on making cucumber salad.   Not sure yet if I will do the creamy version with sour cream, chives, red onion, etc or with the easy way with balsamic and oil.  Plan on doing meatball parm sandwiches tomorrow.   Which cuke salad will go better?

That's great your OT is teaching you some tips and tricks.   You may find yourself using those tips years from now without even realizing.

Good luck with the move🤩

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Scenes I’ve never seen. Your  DD is taking wonderful photos and videos. 
I rode a school bus through the park. 
we saw the rear end of a bear going the other way, a Mama Moose and her baby, and probably 100 Dall Sheep. 
I’m glad she is seeing so much while she’s here. I hope the rest of her trip is as good. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

You should read this when you have the time.

https://www.becomingminimalist.com/does-it-spark-joy-is-the-wrong-decluttering-question/

Just some of the things that I threw out because people aka my parents told me I will never need and there is no need to keep them:

Games from my childhood that now have great value

My Luke Easter baseball glove 

My transistor radio’s 

So many other things that I got rid of 

20 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Back from our little getaway and finally caught up reading.  
We left PA ( about 20 min west of Philly) at 6:55 am today and were home at 11:20 am. If you’ve ever driven I-95 in CT, or tried to cross the George Washington or Cuomo (TappanZee) bridge on a Sunday during the summer, then you know why we got on the road so early.  

I got Jade from a breeder in NJ. That trip to go pick her up was a miserable drive. I'd much rather cross the Hudson River on a train. When I go to NYC I take MetroNorth from West Haven as the roads leading in and out of New York City are crazy. New Jersey sure does love to collect tolls, also.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I got Jade from a breeder in NJ. That trip to go pick her up was a miserable drive. I'd much rather cross the Hudson River on a train. When I go to NYC I take MetroNorth from West Haven as the roads leading in and out of New York City are crazy. New Jersey sure does love to collect tolls, also.

Yeah, I’m not a skittish driver but I wouldn’t drive into the city. Plus I’d have no clue where to park. We’ve taken the train from West Haven several times.  Also loved taking the ferry from New London to Orient Point when our daughter lived in Long Island.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DD has just spent 3 fabulous days camping at Mt Rainier National Park.  All photos and video are from Skyline Loop Trail hike 10km - 3.5hrs.  It was their first hike and hike they had perfect weather. Hope the videos work.  Vista, Trail hike toilet with amazing views and marmot.

I   IMG_6499.MOV 2.53 MB · 1 download   IMG_6500.MOV 2.26 MB · 1 download  

I love Marmots! They remind of your Wombats, even if they are just giant ground squirrels. :classic_biggrin: Beautiful photos! 

Edited by Coralc
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

IMG_6498.MOV 2.19 MB · 2 downloads   IMG_6499.MOV 2.53 MB · 1 download   IMG_6500.MOV 2.26 MB · 2 downloads  

Your daughter is having an amazing trip.  I'm jealous!

• Thanks 1