Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Scenes I’ve never seen. Your  DD is taking wonderful photos and videos. 
I rode a school bus through the park. 
we saw the rear end of a bear going the other way, a Mama Moose and her baby, and probably 100 Dall Sheep. 
I’m glad she is seeing so much while she’s here. I hope the rest of her trip is as good. 

Thank you. No bears or moose (yet…) Lots of dogs at the campsites which makes her happy because she misses ours.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I love Marmots! They remind of your Wombats, even if they are just giant ground squirrels. :classic_biggrin: Beautiful photos! 

She tells me Marmots are her new favourite animal.  I love wombats, they are adorable  but I suspect marmots have more personality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We also eat a lot of salads, especially in the summer.   So nice to pick from the garden.

Tomorrow I plan on making cucumber salad.   Not sure yet if I will do the creamy version with sour cream, chives, red onion, etc or with the easy way with balsamic and oil.  Plan on doing meatball parm sandwiches tomorrow.   Which cuke salad will go better?

That's great your OT is teaching you some tips and tricks.   You may find yourself using those tips years from now without even realizing.

Good luck with the move🤩

The Balsamic and oil one for sure.  Do you add dill?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I got Jade from a breeder in NJ. That trip to go pick her up was a miserable drive. I'd much rather cross the Hudson River on a train. When I go to NYC I take MetroNorth from West Haven as the roads leading in and out of New York City are crazy. New Jersey sure does love to collect tolls, also.

Manhattan should ban automobiles and trucks.

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Yeah, I’m not a skittish driver but I wouldn’t drive into the city. Plus I’d have no clue where to park. We’ve taken the train from West Haven several times.  Also loved taking the ferry from New London to Orient Point when our daughter lived in Long Island.  

I have lived in NY my entire life and never once drove in Manhattan.We used to vacation in New London in the 70’s and several times drove to take the ferry.The interesting thing about Long Island is that one can drive from West to East and vice versa without getting on a highway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@A&L_Ont also glad your Mom’s surgery is in the rear view mirror and all went well.  How’s she doing today? 

She seemed a bit better today. She had some better leg exercises while laying on the bed and doubled her walking distance to 30’. She has a bit of an upset tummy from the meds but the pain is averaging a 5 and a bit higher. Let’s see what tomorrow brings. 

• Like 20

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

She seemed a bit better today. She had some better leg exercises while laying on the bed and doubled her walking distance to 30’. She has a bit of an upset tummy from the meds but the pain is averaging a 5 and a bit higher. Let’s see what tomorrow brings. 

I hope your mom makes steady progress and gets her confidence back that she can get past the bad part. 
Recovering from surgery takes a lot out of a person. 

• Like 8

On 7/8/2022 at 7:29 PM, Ocean Boy said:

@ReneeFLLI'm thinking about you guys and will be all week. I hope you and Mike have a great time and I also hope you do some posting from the ship.

We thought of you also last night in the CB. We asked if Ana was working there and they said they thought she was in the Schooner Bar. About 10 minutes later she showed up. She said she was working in the Comedy Club. Oh well! We do have plans to go so hopefully we will see her. I will post a few photos.

On 7/9/2022 at 4:47 PM, Ocean Boy said:

My brother, I, and our friends were constantly in the water during the summer. I'm not sure we knew anyone who couldn't swim.

We mostly grew up on the water and I learned to water ski in the first grade. As far as I can remember everyone we knew also knew how to swim.

On 7/9/2022 at 8:36 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Sitting on the beach. What a beautiful evening here.

20220709_202806.thumb.jpg.600b9c785c01e27c7cd8a8b924d884d7.jpg

20220709_202931.thumb.jpg.bd15a29f928245d5016ecf88ee4850ee.jpg

20220709_203055.thumb.jpg.897db432a2fb863f524335ca3bb0fcc3.jpg

Beautiful pictures. I love the pink color.

On 7/9/2022 at 8:39 PM, mets07 said:

Particularly beautiful at our local reservoir in Northern New Jersey this evening... yes, I made my husband divert for a picture again. 

20220709_202520.thumb.jpg.8df98b58c9b1856ea7ae0bf4b2d6dfd4.jpg

Beautiful reflection on the water.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

PT is not needed until I can bear (bare?) weight on my left leg but I DO need OT.  I had no idea how to wash my hair until the OT showed me such an easy way.  Stand up on one leg, lean my head down as I lean toward the sink holding onto arms onto the countertop just before where the sink is   Hard to explain but it works.  So far the OT is a gem full of helpful tips and tricks.

Hand held shower nozzle and shower chair to be delivered any day. 

I miss my old normal but so thankful and grateful this is just temporary.

Helpful (?) Hint...

To get in & out of shower, sit on edge of tub, swing legs over and stand on good leg. I found this easier.

Edited by Bailey & Sophie
Clarification.
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Experiences instead of possessions.  

My husband still has box's of his mums stuff in the garage 22 years after she's passed. Also his father's Mercedes has followed us from house to house for 35 years, keeps saying he's going to get it road worthy but 🤷‍♀️....

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is currently 72°F and sunny with a high of 80°F forecast.

Sending our prayers 🙏 and best wishes to Dani @dani negreanuthat you are feeling a lot better today and hopefully you have recovered from Covid and your husband stayed covid free.

Take care.

Graham.

+1

I am surprised at the number of people that get it, and those that are around them do not.  I thought for sure that Susan or my grandson or DIL would have got it from me, but they didn’t.  We saw some friends at a concert last night, and they had the same experience.

Getting ready to test my packing skills this morning to fit six people, plus suitcases, backpacks, and carryon bags in the vehicle for the trip to the airport. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

+1

I am surprised at the number of people that get it, and those that are around them do not.  I thought for sure that Susan or my grandson or DIL would have got it from me, but they didn’t.  We saw some friends at a concert last night, and they had the same experience.

Getting ready to test my packing skills this morning to fit six people, plus suitcases, backpacks, and carryon bags in the vehicle for the trip to the airport. 

I hope you have a fantastic vacation Mark.

I had covid before vaccines and was very poorly but Pauline avoided catching it.

When we got off P&O Iona in March Pauline tested positive when we got home but I avoided catching it from her.

Graham.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

+1

DH is being ultra cautious right now as he has day surgery on Tuesday and doesn’t want to delay it.  None of us caught it from our daughter when she had it a while back so hoping that is the case again with our positive son who is isolating in his room.

The latest booster has just been made available here so the receptionist at the GP offered it to me this afternoon.  No reason not to get it, so got boostered again today.

Good luck with your packing.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I hope your mom makes steady progress and gets her confidence back that she can get past the bad part. 
Recovering from surgery takes a lot out of a person. 

From what I have seen these are all very true words. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

+1

Ah car Tetris.  Have a wonderful trip!

• Like 4