Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Oh boy. Grab a drink. A big one.

There was a chef on board Kiko. So sweet. From South America. Amazing food. 

A Charter group wanted a Vegas themed menu. Hannah tried to help him out and it was a major fail. It was all fried food. Kiko had no idea what Vegas  food meant, Hannah hid and Captain Hovercraft fired him.

So....Malia's boyfriend is a chef, in between jobs. She gets him hired. Because they are a couple she wants to trade cabins so she can be with him. That would mean Hannah would have to share a cabin with Bugsy whom Hannah hates. Malia went to Captain Hovercraft  who approved the move.

While moving Malia found valium and a cbd pipe in Hannah's possessions and turned her in. Hannah was fired.

It's complicated. This was a very concise response.

Note: Captain Hovercraft refers to Captain Sandy who has a tendency to micro manage.

Malia also has a nickname of Malaria. 

They are not well liked on the Bravo boards I read. But I'm hooked.

I did see that one the other day as a repeat. I was mad at Hannah also for not telling Sandy her part in the food fiasco. I felt really bad for Kiko. I didn’t realize the public was mad since I don’t read any of the boards about the show. If I had not seen the show your description was perfect for someone to understand what had happened. Thanks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, George C said:

Thanks and next week is my better half’s 60th which we will celebrate on our Edge  cruise. 😁

Happy Anniversary to you both and a Happy Birthday to your better half. 🥂🍾

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

A great synopsis. Well done because it was complicated. Captain Sandy while legally right to fire Hannah for not disclosing prescription drugs. I think the whole thing could of been handled better by everyone. Malia is the one who really looks bad in this one.

I agree, Malia was awful in what she did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Dani..good luck!!  Jim had his open heart surgery at Columbia Presbyterian in Manhattan back in 2013.  Best hospital!!  They were wonderful there.  He hasn't been back there since his surgery, he sees his cardiologist on SI twice a year for his stress tests and checkup.  He's just been cleared for knee surgery!!!

So happy to hear he is doing well.  Is he having knee surgery on Staten Island? I had a great orthopedist for my hip.

Marietta

16 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Winner winner chicken dinner tonight. 

I'm curious about how the "chef" prepared the rice.  I'm guessing it soaks up the juices from the chicken but at what point does it get added to the pan?  I would imagine additional broth would be needed. Please share.🙂

3 hours ago, George C said:

Thanks and next week is my better half’s 60th which we will celebrate on our Edge  cruise. 😁

What a great way to celebrate your anniversary. That's what Linda and I do every October for our anniversary is go on a cruise. Enjoy and congratulations.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Going to have my head examined.  Just make meatballs and sauce in this horrid heat 🤪

Anytime is  good to make sauce and meatballs for me. Extra garlic for me please.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thanks, we outlasted four doctors in the past 18 years!

A guy that I went to HS with is a Cardiologist in Manhattan and is a Columbia Presbyterian doctor.He is supposedly one of the top doctors in the country .I have had a heart problem since childhood and about 15 years ago I was in need of a Cardiologist .My doctor who I went to when I lived in Brooklyn had retired .I called the doctor that I knew in HS and told him that I was referred to a doctor in LI where I am now living .He did not know the doctor but said he would check him out for me .The next day he called me and said that several of his colleagues said the guy is a great doctor.I went to him and I was very happy.The only negative was that for some reason the doctor moved to Buffalo.

I got a referral from him before he left and I have a wonderful doctor .

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DaniDanielle said:

You got it

Marietta I'm curious what tomato paste do you use? I like "Contadina" for it's taste and richness. I'll also throw in a can of diced garlic and onion tomatoes.

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

What a great way to celebrate your anniversary. That's what Linda and I do every October for our anniversary is go on a cruise. Enjoy and congratulations.

We have gone on many cruises to celebrate anniversaries.We started in 1994.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

We have gone on many cruises to celebrate anniversaries.We started in 1994.

I wish I would have started cruising back then I could be diamond plus now. My first cruise was for our honeymoon in 1997. We had a son and did not cruise again till our 20th anniversary. So we are making up for lost time now.

• Like 1

Just now, Sea Dog said:

I wish I would have started cruising back then I could be diamond plus now. My first cruise was for our honeymoon in 1997. We had a son and did not cruise again till our 20th anniversary. So we are making up for lost time now.

We did not become Loyal to Royal till 2014.We have been on 6 other cruise lines and did not make Diamond until after our last cruise in December 2019.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We did not become Loyal to Royal till 2014.We have been on 6 other cruise lines and did not make Diamond until after our last cruise in December 2019.

That's why we are taking advantage of double points to try and get up the ladder. In a Jr. Suite this November and then cruise in a regular balcony Sept. of 2022. Still got a ways to go to diamond but we will get there eventually.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That's why we are taking advantage of double points to try and get up the ladder. In a Jr. Suite this November and then cruise in a regular balcony Sept. of 2022. Still got a ways to go to diamond but we will get there eventually.

Good thinking.😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

A great synopsis. Well done because it was complicated. Captain Sandy while legally right to fire Hannah for not disclosing prescription drugs. I think the whole thing could of been handled better by everyone. Malia is the one who really looks bad in this one.

Thanks. The new one looks like a hot mess!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m considering leasing a cheap car with a good crash rating. I had to sign a waiver once for a specific car, that said I would not take it to the race track. So far so good. 

My 17 year old grand daughter got her license a few days ago. Yesterday she drove her 12 year old sister to a day camp building.

I was a late bloomer .I did not drive till I was 23.

• Like 2