Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Love the pics. Lovely place. Cheers to being in peace and solitude.

Thanks...we are enjoying it.  Though pretty warm up here right for Maine standards...record heat.  😮 

Feels like Florida again!  😉 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I agree with you. Nice house, but me thinks the 1st one had a more "homey" atmosphere.

Yeah, the first one we had, with my sister visiting for the first week...did feel more homey.  This is a beautiful home, but this rental home #3...is indeed #3 on our list of favorites so far from 1-3.  😉 

We loved the little rustic cottage (rental #2) so much we booked 3 weeks for next year.  

This one we are in now, we would not consider booking again.  Will enjoy for the next 3 weeks, but will looking forward to the move on to #4, which is the "Moose cabin" in the woods on a lake. Might be more our style.  😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4

I have about 10 TB of videos and pictures, they add up over time.  

So, there is nothing that will hold all of the pictures and videos.  I have a collection of external hard drives connected to my Mac Book Pro.  I then back all of them up using time machine, and the important ones are further backed up on an additional hard drive attached to my old Mac Book Pro that is my office at work.  Then I have them further backed up on an online Smugmug account.  I am pretty sure that I am safe.

So, I would just buy additional hard drives to store them and watch them on your laptop. Or you can upload them to an online platform and you can watch them anytime anywhere on any device that can access the internet.  I think Smugmug costs me about $70 a year.  It does take time to upload them to Smugmug or other internet storage system.

jc

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Looks heavenly.     I do agree they could have cut down 2 or 3 of the pine trees to help with the view but I'm sure they have their reason.

Yeah, I am not sure why they left so many of the scraggly ones.  Especially the totally dead ones (which could be a danger if they fell wrong).   Some thinning would improve the health of the other ones and make it look less raggedy, plus improve the view.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, martikus said:

Island lady coming out lurkdum to say how

much I love you sharing your Maine pics.  Grew up in boothbay harbor and visiting soon. Love seeing the ocean pics.

I think the view of water from plAce you just left was My favorite.  We’ve only visited bar harbor once but I look forward to getting back eventually.

Aww...thanks for the compliment!  😊

Totally agree that the second rental (little direct ocean front cottage) was our favorite.  Looking forward to our stay there again next year (booking 3 weeks this time versus 2 weeks).  

Nice here...but we miss the cottage already.  😉 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here is a pic of our Sons cat who is wearing fuzzy tosst.

Not real toast!

The vet gave him this fuzzy toast to wear instead of a cone while recovering from an ear infection.

Never seen this before but great idea vs those cones.

image0.jpg

Tooo funny!  Cat does not look happy...but really cute though!  What a great original idea to make "cone wearing" more fashionable.  😄 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, mo&fran said:

They give double points to allow faster movement up the ladder. It would be a cruel joke to move the endpoint.

We made D+ just before the switch to days by flying down to Tampa (from Ct) for a short 4 day on Radiance in a JS during the Diamonds in December promotion for the 3 points to advance.  Didn't know if we would ever get to this point.

RCI might not move the needle for making the various levels...but they are making some strides to dilute the perks you get at those levels.  😞 

Edited by island lady

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We had a big storm blow through this afternoon. Gusts up to 60mph.  It came in quick but the weather station was going off for much of the afternoon.  High heat and humidity usually brings up poor weather. 

Sun to the east, with clouds building. 

17063DE4-1C21-4F4E-B8A1-4EB5F2F92DCC.thumb.jpeg.42c31b1796c7782392536cda38c3ab7d.jpeg

Not so much to the west. The pic below was literally taken right after the one above.  I suggested to Owen that he might want to get of the pile of gravel. 

B2902C4B-2DB6-4EC2-A0C7-3292329516E4.thumb.jpeg.875b79dc1b7aa8f447a15011afb8f910.jpeg

3FFE7402-A3AD-481A-84D8-988D16D3CF6C.thumb.jpeg.c2855a5b226c04ce92ddbf538bca053c.jpeg

62BDC616-7732-41D7-87B0-01B2525ABE13.thumb.jpeg.e603f1ce01f2a212b078d1a290a350de.jpeg

Then we though we might head a bit closer to the house. 

193CDD78-6FC4-4AD0-94DD-451F69042A9A.thumb.jpeg.acede7683e341bba04a689bc8ceeced3.jpeg

To the south just as windy.  Low level clouds were flying and upper level were crawling. 

6E88C66E-4173-4954-91AB-B872073F4D2D.thumb.jpeg.cba913268d924f8a001730cc8c086500.jpeg

Some lightning too.

1C083AAB-A057-435D-9F51-15736105B20B.thumb.jpeg.398b137b0bf58e52a2dea2cb5955cbe7.jpeg

OMG!  Great photos! You should send those to the Weather Channel...or at least your local news channel to post.  Nice job!  Scary storm!!  😮 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Ashland

Celebrity Beyond -- Sailings from April to June (didn't check the other months...), in red the one I'm interested in

Southampton, La Rochelle, Bilbao, Lisbon, Cadiz, Malaga, Palma de Mallorca, Barcelona

Barcelona, Marseille, Nice, Santa Margherita Ligure, La Spezia, Messina, Naples, Rome/Civitavecchia

Rome/Civitavecchia, Thira/Santorini, Rhodes, Mykonos, Athens/Piraeus, Nafplion, Argostolion, Naples, Rome/Civitavecchia

Rome/Civitavecchia, Katakolon, Mykonos, Thira/Santorini, Rhodes, Athens/Piraeus, Valletta, Barcelona

Those listed ports are beyond my bucket list!

3 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Anyone with a dislike for snow.

So glad we moved to a place that has snowfall approx. once in 10 years and only lasts one day.

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Wasn’t he Prince Charming in a Cinderella movie?

Mark Damon played Prince Charming in the only Cinderella movie I saw that starred Lesley Ann Warren as Cinderella.  I think in the 60s?

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Who wouldn't want to move to Buffalo?  It's the only city in NY State with a professional football team. 😁

I posted previously that one of my best longtime friends was born in Buffalo .She and her family moved to Brooklyn in the 1970’s and she recently moved to the cold weather climate of Florida.

Buffalo has been the only city with a pro football team for many years.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Any past or present General Hospital fans out there?    I just saw that Alan Quartermaine (Stuart Damon) has passed away at the age of 84 due to renal failure.    

Stuart Damon grew up in my part of Brooklyn.I was fortunate to see him act in many productions prior to as well as after GH.I began watching GH because he was in the show and watched it for many years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

My son lived in Rochester while going to UR, then got a job in Buffalo.  He got to experience all of those wonderful snow events.  

That is why he now lives in California.

One of my daughters lived in Albany for many years while she was a student there.She now lives about an hour east of the city.

Hot hot here...time for a summer salad.  🙂   

Mixed greens, cut up some mushrooms and nice local ripe strawberries, added raisins, cherry tomatoes, and deli turkey.  

Made up my Greek yogurt lemon garlic fresh dressing earlier this morning to chill in advance.  If anyone wants the recipe, let me know.  It is healthy, light, super easy to make....and refreshing for a summer salad.  Lick the bowl kind of stuff.  😉

20210630_113150.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 6

28 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dreaming of a future cruise -- after 3 Covid-cancelled cruises which included Valletta (Malta), I settled for the red one on Celebrity Edge (the 1st ship out of Miami right now).

Rhodes and Mykonos are new ports to us, and we've been on a land vacay in Crete, but never got to Chania...

Rome/Civitavecchia, Naples, Rhodes, Mykonos, Chania/Crete, Rome/Civitavecchia

2 days ago someone mentioned on Celebrity's board that a new Edge class ship (Beyond) will start sailing next spring.

Lo and behold -- I'm checking and there is an itinerary which includes Malta. BUT, we'll repeat Katakolon (which we didn't care for), and Santorini (which was amazing, but one day was enough).

We'll have Mykonos and Rhodes as brand new ports, and, of course, the highlight --Malta!!!

So what do we do ??? Red or Blue ???

Rome/Civitavecchia, Katakolon, Mykonos, Thira/Santorini, Rhodes, Athens/Piraeus, Valletta, Barcelona

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

So glad we moved to a place that has snowfall approx. once in 10 years and only lasts one day.

Mark Damon played Prince Charming in the only Cinderella movie I saw that starred Lesley Ann Warren as Cinderella.  I think in the 60s?

I guess I only remembered the Damon part! 

53 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Actually, Stuart Damon was Prince Charming in Cinderella with Lesley Ann Warren, not Mark Damon. 

Edited by jagsfan
Correcting fat finger typo
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Dreaming of a future cruise -- after 3 Covid-cancelled cruises which included Valletta (Malta), I settled for the red one on Celebrity Edge (the 1st ship out of Miami right now).

Rhodes and Mykonos are new ports to us, and we've been on a land vacay in Crete, but never got to Chania...

2 days ago someone mentioned on Celebrity's board that a new Edge class ship (Beyond) will start sailing next spring.

Lo and behold -- I'm checking and there is an itinerary which includes Malta. BUT, we'll repeat Katakolon (which we didn't care for), and Santorini (which was amazing, but one day was enough).

We'll have Mykonos and Rhodes as brand new ports, and, of course, the highlight --Malta!!!

If you haven’t toured Akrotiri on Santorini, it’s fascinating. Only archeological dig I’ve gotten to see. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

While both are great, I say blue. I loved Santorini and Mykonos and you will love Rhodes as much as we did.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Yeah, I am not sure why they left so many of the scraggly ones.  Especially the totally dead ones (which could be a danger if they fell wrong).   Some thinning would improve the health of the other ones and make it look less raggedy, plus improve the view.  

Doesn't hurt to let the owner know your thoughts on the pine trees.     As a landlord for our shore house I like to get feedback from our tenants.

Which I am very sad to say that I have begun packing up our personal belongings as our stay here a shore house in LBI will come to an end.    We will leave Friday morning as we have tenants arriving Friday around 1 pm.      Their lease was for them to arrive Saturday but they called asking if there was anyway they could come a day early as traffic will be horrible for the 4th of July weekend.     We agreed as we have been here since June 3rd or 4th and our ready to go home and see my babies and see what our house/ yard /garden, etc. looks like.    And the island has been getting busier day by day - too many people for my liking.  

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

do they have the itinerary mixed up where you can do a b2b and enjoy all them?

• Like 1