Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, mets07 said:

Wowza. I got gas this morning. 2.99 cash. 3.05 credit card.  New Jersey.

I have lived in NJ about 35 years (NY before that and at the time we did not have to pump gas). 

But I do laugh when I see these.  I once went on a business trip to North Carolina and my only concern was having to pump gas for the rental car. I survived. 😉

JERSEY GIRLS DON'T PUMP GAS OVAL CAR MAGNET | Jersey girl ...

Our rental SUV we are using for 4 months has Jersey tags.  Everyone thinks we are from there.  😄 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, akcruz said:

Paid 2.65 credit today with my grocery rewards.  Born and raised NJ girl who learned to pump gas when we bought our lake cottage in PA in the late 90s.  So used to it now that we live in SC and most times prefer to do my own but yes there are those times I wish I could just say fill it regular and get waited on.

My Mother never has pumped her own gas in PA she always went to full serve pumps or relied on my Dad to fill up her car.   There is one no name gas station in Chalfont that pumps everyones gas so for many years that is her go to station.

Gas here on LBI island is 3.29 gal, off island it was 2.95, that was a month ago so I suspect that has gone up too.

Will find out tomorrow morning when we leave the island.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My Mother never has pumped her own gas in PA she always went to full serve pumps or relied on my Dad to fill up her car.   There is one no name gas station in Chalfont that pumps everyones gas so for many years that is her go to station.

Gas here on LBI island is 3.29 gal, off island it was 2.95, that was a month ago so I suspect that has gone up too.

Will find out tomorrow morning when we leave the island.

Safe travels.  Hope you don't run into too much holiday traffic on the way home.  

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Safe travels.  Hope you don't run into too much holiday traffic on the way home.  

Thank you.  We started loading up our cars this morning.  It's a nice sunny day today, not too muggy now but calling for some storms tonight.  One last beach day till the next time.  

Plan on going here for an early dinner.

https://www.quincysoriginal.com/

They have lobster rolls, NE style, that overflow with lobster meat for only $15.    New place this summer.  I've been here several times this past month.  They have a weekday special of $12 for lobster rolls.    Yummy!!

We will starve when we get home.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We are in York today home of the famous medieval shambles street and the Minster.

We have had a wonderful meal.

Graham.

IMG_20210701_115303.jpg

IMG_20210701_115943.jpg

IMG_20210701_121912.jpg

IMG_20210701_122948.jpg

IMG-20210701-WA0001.jpg

IMG_20210701_130431.jpg

IMG_20210701_130517.jpg

Beautiful buildings!  And of course Pauline looking elegant as usual, and naturally...you have another plate of yummy looking fish and chips.  😉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I thought so too.  She seemed to think if was perfectly acceptable and planned that way.  😕

We had no towel rack near the shower in our house.  The shower stall was in the corner, next to the Jacuzzi. Other side was the door leading to the bedroom.  We bought an over the door hook rack that worked very well. Yes, it does sound strange especially on a rental property.

• Like 2

In regards to pumping gas.

I made it to age 64  7months till I had to pump gas.

Yea, that was 3 weeks ago.

When I got my first car I lived at home and  my dad pumped my gas, and when I got married my dad would take time and when he visited me would pump the gas in my car.  

So it was something I never had to do till:

I was out and about coming home from Twinsburg in the GTO and this little light went on.

Not wanting to take chances I stopped at the gas station.

Well, the little icon on the gas pump on the dash says gas door on right.

So I go outside the car and the gas door on the car will not open.

So, I do what any blond would do.

Get in the car and leave and go to another gas station, did not want to look stupid.

So before I pull up to pump I pull out the car manual in the glove box.

OOOOHHHHH, there is a little button under the steering wheel you have to attack to open that little gas door.  I hit it, and heard a little click.

So I proceed outside, and the gas door does not open.  REALLY (preparing for my October live report with my favorite word).

Now I am frustrated (wanted to say P*****) but do not want to upset the censors.

So I now do what any women would do, I go upto the nice gentleman riding his Harley with tattoos that only a MOTHER could love and ask for help.

He kindly came over and said I had to push harder on the left of the little door to pop it.

He did, it worked I thanked MOTHER , never got to exchange names, (his backseat driver looked like they were a team, not going there).

So I program the pump, and put the nozzle in and just as I am ready to pump gas MOTHER comes back and says that is Premium you are putting in the tank.  He continues to say those LS2's like only the good stuff.

So now I do not know how to change the reading  on the pump.

So I go inside the store, when the man at the counter gets done looking at  me like I just arrived from another planet he goes, "Just turn the pump  off, and start again."

So I do the walk of shame out the store, pump my gas and head home.

That is the last time I will make an effort to pump gas, that takes too much time.

So I get home and the DH goes  "YOU ----------- PUMPED GAS!!!!!!!!!"

I responded  "Yea I did, it wasn't that painful"

Then he goes "did you get a receipt, I always save the receipts".  

He just got the look.

Here I should have invoked the house rule as to spouse duties.

I clean bathrooms, and he never has to touch cleaning them.

and

The DH takes out trash and pumps gas.

Oh and I paid around $3,79ish a gallon for the gas.

Just saying.

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I fell much better. 💃🏼 I finally booked a couple of cruises. I will have to look for a TA and Baltic cruise I was hoping to find when they come out again.

Nothing like the thrill of booking a cruise! IMO

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

WAZE was developed in Israel (we use it solely here) and was sold to Google for 1 milliard $....

I use Waze on my phone when we're traveling.  I like it better than the car GPS.

Incredible what else was developed in Israel: Computer firewall, Cell phone, kindle, soda stream, drip irrigation that is used world wide and get this... Power Rangers !  Cherry tomatoes too. So many other wonderful initiatives created in Israel.  Their technology is amazing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you.  We started loading up our cars this morning.  It's a nice sunny day today, not too muggy now but calling for some storms tonight.  One last beach day till the next time.  

They have lobster rolls, NE style, that overflow with lobster meat for only $15.    New place this summer.  I've been here several times this past month.  They have a weekday special of $12 for lobster rolls.    Yummy!!

We will try that next time we are around there. Thanks for the link.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We are in York today home of the famous medieval shambles street and the Minster

Looks like a great place for me to visit. You guys look like you are having a great day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm swooning here.  Enjoy dinner and have a safe trip back home.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

In regards to pumping gas.

I made it to age 64  7months till I had to pump gas.

Yea, that was 3 weeks ago.

When I got my first car I lived at home and  my dad pumped my gas, and when I got married my dad would take time and when he visited me would pump the gas in my car.  

So it was something I never had to do till:

I was out and about coming home from Twinsburg in the GTO and this little light went on.

Not wanting to take chances I stopped at the gas station.

Well, the little icon on the gas pump on the dash says gas door on right.

So I go outside the car and the gas door on the car will not open.

So, I do what any blond would do.

Get in the car and leave and go to another gas station, did not want to look stupid.

So before I pull up to pump I pull out the car manual in the glove box.

OOOOHHHHH, there is a little button under the steering wheel you have to attack to open that little gas door.  I hit it, and heard a little click.

So I proceed outside, and the gas door does not open.  REALLY (preparing for my October live report with my favorite word).

Now I am frustrated (wanted to say P*****) but do not want to upset the censors.

So I now do what any women would do, I go upto the nice gentleman riding his Harley with tattoos that only a MOTHER could love and ask for help.

He kindly came over and said I had to push harder on the left of the little door to pop it.

He did, it worked I thanked MOTHER , never got to exchange names, (his backseat driver looked like they were a team, not going there).

So I program the pump, and put the nozzle in and just as I am ready to pump gas MOTHER comes back and says that is Premium you are putting in the tank.  He continues to say those LS2's like only the good stuff.

So now I do not know how to change the reading  on the pump.

So I go inside the store, when the man at the counter gets done looking at  me like I just arrived from another planet he goes, "Just turn the pump  off, and start again."

So I do the walk of shame out the store, pump my gas and head home.

That is the last time I will make an effort to pump gas, that takes too much time.

So I get home and the DH goes  "YOU ----------- PUMPED GAS!!!!!!!!!"

I responded  "Yea I did, it wasn't that painful"

Then he goes "did you get a receipt, I always save the receipts".  

He just got the look.

Here I should have invoked the house rule as to spouse duties.

I clean bathrooms, and he never has to touch cleaning them.

and

The DH takes out trash and pumps gas.

Oh and I paid around $3,79ish a gallon for the gas.

Just saying.

🤣🤣🤣

15 hours ago, Lionesss said:

So today I traveled to the big city Twinsburg Ohio. With “THEE WEDDING” less than 3 weeks away still finalize the plans for DD. 

I know my way home, but use the APP. Waze. To alert me on detours hazards and in the unlikely event I would speed ( lol) highway patrol. So I have pre- programmed in home and tap it. 
Guess it wanted to send me on the scenic route to get home. Mind you I’m south of Cleveland. 

CFF043EA-239E-4CA8-9898-B407F1FD774C.jpeg

You could have taken detour by our old house. We lived in Fremont 30 years ago.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

You could have taken detour by our old house. We lived in Fremont 30 years ago.

And you could tour the Tesla factory there. Did that a couple years ago with my son.  Not sure if they still limit tours to Tesla owners.  It was definitely an interesting tour.  

Meanwhile, last night we cooked filet mignon, bacon ranch potatoes, corn and bread. 

F6A0E450-2265-471C-9AFF-4CE67E89744A.thumb.jpeg.e9b820130559c765e5863772cae6a95a.jpeg

D2C6959D-0421-4EFB-B0CF-EABC9FA000E4.thumb.jpeg.7bf6bccf8e0bb405432914a19e474d74.jpeg

10C8D38C-74EA-442D-A2A8-A66FE32EA105.thumb.jpeg.7fb10fe3e62c0e578a6268d3de00be5d.jpeg

3484DC3A-67E6-46B1-9AB1-AF3F1FF8DE11.thumb.jpeg.406a8eb32b727a7dae95ef693ee8e2eb.jpeg

• Like 15

2 hours ago, island lady said:

We are are around 3.10 a gallon here in "downeast" Maine.  That is actually up from the 2.99 we filled up at when we got here less than a week ago.  Naturally jacking up the prices for the upcoming 4th of July holiday. 😉 

A new gas tax goes into effect today.  $0.12 a gallon for gas and $0.20 for diesel.  We will see $5.00 a gallon before labor day.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We are in York today

Fenwick !!! Excellent quality goods.... 😁

Pauline and Graham, so nice to see you enjoying the nice weather and those wonderful meals of fish and chips.

As @Ozark_Kid mentioned above, I could also live on it more than a few days in a row....😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Fenwick !!! Excellent quality goods.... 😁

Pauline and Graham, so nice to see you enjoying the nice weather and those wonderful meals of fish and chips.

As @Ozark_Kid mentioned above, I could also live on it more than a few days in a row....😉

Thanks Dani.

I used to always eat steak when we were out but have cut out steak and gammon after my heart attack in December 2019 and now eat fish in different forms like Salmon,Sea Bass, Cod or Haddock.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5