Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That was some storm.  Good that all of you made it safely through this.

There was a lot less damage than the one last year. We lost 5 tress in that storm. Thankfully we have also planted a lot of threes over the years as well. They help to make up for the old ones that succumb to the storms. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, island lady said:

Was quite happy with the size of the deck at this place as well.  🙂   Spending some happy time out here.  🤗

20210629_091116.jpg

20210629_091210.jpg

20210629_091103.jpg

That is one million dollar view.  Keep enjoying!

4 hours ago, George C said:

Celebrity sent us another set of luggage tags today they must think we are planning to do a lot of packing for our 7 day cruise in 4 days. 

Have a Miami Vice for me if Wizard Gary forgot. 😉 Wishing all of you tons of fun and smooth sails.

• Like 2

@Ashland

Celebrity Beyond -- Sailings from April to June (didn't check the other months...), in red the one I'm interested in

Southampton, La Rochelle, Bilbao, Lisbon, Cadiz, Malaga, Palma de Mallorca, Barcelona

Barcelona, Marseille, Nice, Santa Margherita Ligure, La Spezia, Messina, Naples, Rome/Civitavecchia

Rome/Civitavecchia, Thira/Santorini, Rhodes, Mykonos, Athens/Piraeus, Nafplion, Argostolion, Naples, Rome/Civitavecchia

Rome/Civitavecchia, Katakolon, Mykonos, Thira/Santorini, Rhodes, Athens/Piraeus, Valletta, Barcelona

• Like 6

@A&L_Ont

Glad to hear you only had tree damage and all were safe.

I wonder if your bad storm coincided with the massive rain storm we got when the front came through In Ohio starting around 6pm,

Some mild winds, but mostly down pours of rain.

Total of 2.5ish inches of rain in 3 hours.

We were under a flood warning.

Many homes in our surrounding area never got power back till after midnight.

We had power, no loss for us.

Today and tomorrow more rain.

Looks like you might have some good firewood once it is cured.

Stay safe.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mo&fran said:

I reacted to the RCI change to double points for all of 2022, by booking a B2B2B next October on Explorer out of Miami.  Makes 9 cruises booked.  If they all happen, we will be over 650 points.  Less than 50 to Pin. 

We've got 4 cruises (30 days) booked in various suite types during the double points period.  If all holds, we'll hit D+ after the 3rd cruise.  I keep saying that we aren't locked into Royal since the C&A benefits don't justify the money spent to get there, and that we just prefer Royal's product.  I'd be lying though if I didn't admit that it was part of my thinking when booking a cruise.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Who wouldn't want to move to Buffalo?  It's the only city in NY State with a professional football team. 😁

I love Buffalo in the summer will be there in a couple of weeks. 

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We've got 4 cruises (30 days) booked in various suite types during the double points period.  If all holds, we'll hit D+ after the 3rd cruise.  I keep saying that we aren't locked into Royal since the C&A benefits don't justify the money spent to get there, and that we just prefer Royal's product.  I'd be lying though if I didn't admit that it was part of my thinking when booking a cruise.

WE cruise because we love to cruise.  Loyalty status is a perk. WE stay with RCCL because we like the ships.  We started on X,  then we tried Royal and liked it better. And I had just retired, so we started to cruise a lot more. Living in Ct at the time, We had Explorer out of NJ. Basically, X dropped out of the picture since we have so many choices with RCCL.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, helen haywood said:

My iPhone does take wonderful photos.  But my problem with it is…I can’t back up the photos on my laptop as I’m about out of memory storage…I tried to put the photos on a thumb drive but one laptop said no files found and the other said it didn’t recognize the device or no photos found.  (Alas, no kids or grands to lead us out of the woods…)

So I just want to be able to take photos and flip through them on the same device.

Another option is to use one of the many online photo storage solutions.  I use Amazon Photo since it offers unlimited photo storage if you have a Prime membership.  There are many other options.  The idea is that the pictures you take on your phone (or copy to your computer) are automatically uploaded to the cloud.  I do it primarily for backup, but you can then view/download these photos anywhere that has cloud access.  You can typically organize the photos into albums or view them by date taken.  You can also typically delete the photo from your phone after uploading to free up space, and the photo will stay in the online storage place. 

The only negative that I've seen with Amazon Photo is that there is a limit on video storage (5GB, I think).  It's primarily focused on photos.  There may be an option to pay for more video storage...I haven't checked.

If laptop storage space is your problem, you can buy pretty cheap external storage for your laptop (aka portable hard drives).  These devices don't give you the advantages of Network Attached Storage that @Ozark_Kid mentioned, but are very simple to use...just plug into an open USB port on your laptop.  Here is one that gives you 1TB of storage for $50, and another that gives you 4TB for a little over $100.  You'll have a hard time filling up 4TB of storage with just photos. You can find cheaper prices but I like the reliability of the Western Digital brand. I don't want my hard drive crashing and losing all of those photos...even if they are backed up to the cloud.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, George C said:

I love Buffalo in the summer will be there in a couple of weeks. 

I'll be there in August for a wedding.  It is nice in the summer, although the summer there isn't long enough for my tastes (hence why I now live in Florida).  It was a great place to grow up.  I loved the winters there with skiing, and ice hockey.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Anyone with a dislike for snow.

Buffalo does get snow, but isn't as bad as Rochester or Syracuse (or Colorado, or Minnesota, or many other states).  The national media for some reason shows Buffalo when they have a big storm.  Still, there's a reason that I now live in Florida and not Buffalo. 😉

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Another option is to use one of the many online photo storage solutions.  I use Amazon Photo since it offers unlimited photo storage if you have a Prime membership.  There are many other options.  The idea is that the pictures you take on your phone (or copy to your computer) are automatically uploaded to the cloud.  I do it primarily for backup, but you can then view/download these photos anywhere that has cloud access.  You can typically organize the photos into albums or view them by date taken.  You can also typically delete the photo from your phone after uploading to free up space, and the photo will stay in the online storage place. 

The only negative that I've seen with Amazon Photo is that there is a limit on video storage (5GB, I think).  It's primarily focused on photos.  There may be an option to pay for more video storage...I haven't checked.

If laptop storage space is your problem, you can buy pretty cheap external storage for your laptop (aka portable hard drives).  These devices don't give you the advantages of Network Attached Storage that @Ozark_Kid mentioned, but are very simple to use...just plug into an open USB port on your laptop.  Here is one that gives you 1TB of storage for $50, and another that gives you 4TB for a little over $100.  You'll have a hard time filling up 4TB of storage with just photos. You can find cheaper prices but I like the reliability of the Western Digital brand. I don't want my hard drive crashing and losing all of those photos...even if they are backed up to the cloud.

We use a Seagate backup plus slim 1TB for storage.   Bought 2 or 3 years ago, not sure how much maybe around $100 but no where near full.  I cannot imagine we will fill up 1 TB anytime soon.

I initially purchased as my Brother and I were converting our parents photos to digital but now use for our own photos/videos.

36 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Buffalo does get snow, but isn't as bad as Rochester

My son lived in Rochester while going to UR, then got a job in Buffalo.  He got to experience all of those wonderful snow events.  

That is why he now lives in California.

• Like 3

Had a lot of catching up to do on this thread.  Not sorry we are missing out on the rain and storms back in Pennsylvania. 

Yesterday was a day at the beach for us and our California grandson.  It is surprising the number of areas here without cell service, especially close to the Bay Area. 

This is Stinson Beach. 

925F7729-3912-49DA-84EF-419E60A5D320.thumb.jpeg.fe80598bc0c4ef63521bbb30d18d336d.jpeg

We had a little tent for shade

F3514A07-9C2C-40A6-9637-DEABA7F37032.thumb.jpeg.a627e4cfa783ecdd8c5481d4100459f9.jpeg

5120ABEC-168D-4D9E-BB93-68B490F0BD98.thumb.jpeg.4de12e0c553b7d731b40d13988a1ce19.jpeg

609F44AA-C908-4604-B2D5-81481B23F06B.thumb.jpeg.440cf17e7baea2f38b7ba240a53ebe1e.jpeg

DBEF1256-E1C1-452D-8EFF-067F393BAD40.thumb.jpeg.428779e9402a53774137548758cf5f8b.jpeg

Grandma catching up with her grandson.  

E90D28F1-489F-498A-9AED-04E14B4F228D.thumb.jpeg.e85b0b37b797a9dc6e2344dc8034f78d.jpeg

• Like 17

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

At 0:32 there is some slight rotation. Thankfully nothing more came from that. 

Yes you did have some rotation. Thankfully nothing more severe. Great lightning shot. Those are always hard to get. Framing ended up perfect.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Any past or present General Hospital fans out there?    I just saw that Alan Quartermaine (Stuart Damon) has passed away at the age of 84 due to renal failure.    

Wasn’t he Prince Charming in a Cinderella movie?