Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Quite a few Bucs players have lived in our neighborhood when they were just starting out. One house was sold from player to player for a while. They would either get traded and move or get more money and move to a nicer neighborhood. They all played in the 90's. The few that I remember are Lawrence Dawsey, Errict Rhett, Marcus Jones. and Rahib Abdullah. Marcus and Errict were the best with the kids. They played football, donated to our kids schools among other things even after they left the Bucs. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Since sea food has been a topic here lately, thanks to Pat 😋, we shall enjoy the following video. 

Thanks for posting.  Hadn't seen this one yet.  This is DEFINITELY on my list of Sam recipes to try.  That looks so good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

If you haven’t toured Akrotiri on Santorini, it’s fascinating. Only archeological dig I’ve gotten to see. 

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

While both are great, I say blue. I loved Santorini and Mykonos and you will love Rhodes as much as we did.

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes fascinating. We loved that tour.

My DH had a "close encounter" with melanoma, and he has bi-annual checks for the it and other 2 types of skin cancer. Therefore, we try to compromise on the amount of sunshine (even with very strong sun screen, long sleeves, long pants, wide brimmed hat) he'll be exposed to.

So. no beach-related cruises for us and other activities which require a long exposure to direct sunshine... 

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

do they have the itinerary mixed up where you can do a b2b and enjoy all them?

We also have a self-imposed limit of no more than 3 weeks away from our grandkids, and, since we prefer to arrive pre-cruise at least a couple of days, and also post-, for the time being -- no b2b 😢

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, George C said:

I was born in NYC and even though I lived in Dallas most of my life, I am a Giant fan , my wife was born in the Buffalo area , the only time I don’t want bills to win is if there playing Giants. On one of our many cruises I was with my wife and her mom, cruise left out of Brooklyn about ten years ago on Princess , during dinner I told them that Doug Flutie was sitting behind them , they both called me a liar, but I was right , we didn’t bug him but would see him all around the ship. On last day he got up and had the chance to talk a bit and got a picture of him with my wife Shelagh, in heels they were about the same hight . 

I think I told the story of Doug Flutie and my brother's wedding here before (my brother had half of the Marriott convention area for his reception while the Patriots, who were in town to play the Bills and Flutie played for at the time, had the other half).  Let's just say that any woman of a certain age who lives in Boston LOVES Doug Flutie.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Let's just say that any woman of a certain age who lives in Boston LOVES Doug Flutie.

So did my grandmother. She called him handsome 25 years ago, bless her soul. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Actually, Stuart Damon was Prince Charming in Cinderella with Lesley Ann Warren, not Mark Damon. 

OOps.  I stand corrected!  I was not a GH fan.  I had no idea Stuart Damon played a  Dr on that show.   I was an All My Children gal.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I have succeeded in defeating the evil DMV empire!!

Vehicle is now registered in the People Republic of California, no chair's were thrown and no DMV employee's yelled at.  I lucked into getting office manager serving me.  She had no trouble sorting it all out. Only 3 1/2 hours in total.

I feel like Luke after he hit that ventilation shaft.

when I first read this I thought you said peoples republic of China!

• Haha 2

So today I traveled to the big city Twinsburg Ohio. With “THEE WEDDING” less than 3 weeks away still finalize the plans for DD. 

I know my way home, but use the APP. Waze. To alert me on detours hazards and in the unlikely event I would speed ( lol) highway patrol. So I have pre- programmed in home and tap it. 
Guess it wanted to send me on the scenic route to get home. Mind you I’m south of Cleveland. 

CFF043EA-239E-4CA8-9898-B407F1FD774C.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

So today I traveled to the big city Twinsburg Ohio. With “THEE WEDDING” less than 3 weeks away still finalize the plans for DD. 

I know my way home, but use the APP. Waze. To alert me on detours hazards and in the unlikely event I would speed ( lol) highway patrol. So I have pre- programmed in home and tap it. 
Guess it wanted to send me on the scenic route to get home. Mind you I’m south of Cleveland. 

not sure you will make it back in time for the wedding!   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Now, that's funny. I thought that WAZE was a phone app.

8 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Oh! We live in Hayward. You could have come over for a visit! LOL. :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Didn't Flutie play for the Argonauts for a while?  Was your grandmother in Ontario?

He did, he also played in BC.  He came to the CFL because they said he wasn't tall enough for the NFL.

48 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

That map looks familiar!  😄  It's a very scenic drive on 280 with gorgeous weather to go with it.  We are right near Palo Alto.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

It almost shows where we are at this week.  We are in the North Bay, about 20 minutes from the Golden Gate Bridge.

Just came back from the gas station. It was $4.43 a gallon out here.  I know PA had the highest gas tax in the nation last year, but California moved back in the lead.  

Took our grandson to a movie this afternoon.  That was the first time I ever had to select my seats before purchase.  Only 2 other people in the theatre.  

BF683030-AFA0-4DEA-86D9-25457BB66AC9.thumb.jpeg.d347c19e103cee8ba4f6fa4b141d82fa.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

It almost shows where we are at this week.  We are in the North Bay, about 20 minutes from the Golden Gate Bridge.

Just came back from the gas station. It was $4.43 a gallon out here.  I know PA had the highest gas tax in the nation last year, but California moved back in the lead.  

Took our grandson to a movie this afternoon.  That was the first time I ever had to select my seats before purchase.  Only 2 other people in the theatre.  

BF683030-AFA0-4DEA-86D9-25457BB66AC9.thumb.jpeg.d347c19e103cee8ba4f6fa4b141d82fa.jpeg

Bay area is super super high...  It's a little bit better where I am.  I filled up DW's car last night for 3.97 gallon.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

When dealing with the state government in Sacramento the similarities are striking  🙂 

Maryland is also called People's Republic. 

At least itvwas when we lived there in 90's

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Didn't Flutie play for the Argonauts for a while?  Was your grandmother in Ontario?

Calgary and Toronto is where he played. I actually watched him play 6-10 games in Alberta and one in Toronto. She cheered from him where ever he played. We actually took my grandma to Toronto to see him play. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

19 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Just came back from the gas station. It was $4.43 a gallon out here.

Wowza. I got gas this morning. 2.99 cash. 3.05 credit card.  New Jersey.

I have lived in NJ about 35 years (NY before that and at the time we did not have to pump gas). 

But I do laugh when I see these.  I once went on a business trip to North Carolina and my only concern was having to pump gas for the rental car. I survived. 😉

JERSEY GIRLS DON'T PUMP GAS OVAL CAR MAGNET | Jersey girl ...

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I am positive we will never do this again, but we did a move up bid on this Saturday Edge sailing and we went from a sky suite to a penthouse suite . Celebrating my wife birthday, her promotion to a VP and our 30 anniversary. 

• Like 18