Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

47 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

I reacted to the RCI change to double points for all of 2022, by booking a B2B2B next October on Explorer out of Miami.  Makes 9 cruises booked.  If they all happen, we will be over 650 points.  Less than 50 to Pin. 

Wow!  Now keep your fingers crossed that RCI doesn't move the carrot again.

My iPhone does take wonderful photos.  But my problem with it is…I can’t back up the photos on my laptop as I’m about out of memory storage…I tried to put the photos on a thumb drive but one laptop said no files found and the other said it didn’t recognize the device or no photos found.  (Alas, no kids or grands to lead us out of the woods…)

So I just want to be able to take photos and flip through them on the same device.

@Sea DogGreg, speaking of photos, what was that digital item that was discussed that will display photos along with giving time and weather and letting you know what day it is.  I can't remember if the discussion took at Dani's place here or over in John's lounge. 

1 minute ago, Sheal said:

Wow!  Now keep your fingers crossed that RCI doesn't move the carrot again.

They give double points to allow faster movement up the ladder. It would be a cruel joke to move the endpoint.

We made D+ just before the switch to days by flying down to Tampa (from Ct) for a short 4 day on Radiance in a JS during the Diamonds in December promotion for the 3 points to advance.  Didn't know if we would ever get to this point.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

This time was tuttorosa(spelling) I prefer Contadina as that is what my mom preferred.  I use purée because my father-in-law got me hooked.  His father was a chef in Manhattan.  Can’t go wrong with a can of garlic and onions!  I made meatballs and put in sausage and pork neckbones, and now cooking it for at least four hours.

I am the same, I prefer Contadina but just recently stocked up on Tuttorosa since it was sale.   I usually get the crushed tomato instead of the puree and add fresh garlic and one large onion.     

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Hi Bonnie!  Yes, it's state regulated, as far as we know.   Jim thinks we're the only state that has this regulation.  I'm Maryann, Bonnie!😊

Well hi Maryann!  Not sure what the reason is but when I lived on the Bergen County border I sure took advantage especially during freezing cold weather, rain, etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Was quite happy with the size of the deck at this place as well.  🙂   Spending some happy time out here.  🤗

20210628_045827.jpg

20210629_091116.jpg

20210629_091210.jpg

20210629_142659.jpg

20210629_091103.jpg

Looks heavenly.     I do agree they could have cut down 2 or 3 of the pine trees to help with the view but I'm sure they have their reason.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sandy is very annoying,I think

I liked her better in the earlier seasons.    As someone else said I think she got to full of herself from being on the show.    But let's all remember they do love their drama and they don't want everyone to be nicey nicey all the time either. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Sheal said:

That is a lot of garlic for a first time growing.  What do you plan to do with it?  Farm stand?

@A&L_Ont Thanks for the link.  Sounds super easy and looks delicious.

I’m retired so gardening is my summer hobby.  I grew it in a 4x8 foot raised bed.  Next year I will space them out more in hopes to produce more jumbo sized bulbs.  The down size is I will only have about 125 bulbs. Lol.  
Some I will replant.  One thing I enjoy the most is putting big smiles on my family, friends and neighbors.  Last year we were blessed with a lot of tomatoes 🍅.  There were a lot of smiles.

Food wise I will probably be using it to store up a bunch of homemade pizza sauce.  I love homemade pizza so much that there is very few other pizza I want to eat.  I also like it in homemade potato chip dip.

Now that I harvested the garlic I am going to plant corn tomorrow and add beans around them in a couple of weeks.  Hard to see an empty 4x8 raised bed in the garden.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

You aren’t far off the mark.  The Recipe is found at the link below. 

https://www.yum-o.org/recipe/winner-winner-chicken-dinner/

I saved your recipe.  When I make a whole chicken I do it the Ina Garten way, putting in one lemon cut in half and a whole garlic bulb cut in half inside the chicken cavity.  I will make the rice exactly as it's listed in the recipe.  It looks delicious and rice doesn't look dried out at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Watching Below Deck right now… makes me realize that I like Glen, better than Sandi just by their disposition. 

Below Deck has been playing here for what seems like forever these last few days.  Jack is a happy camper.

• Like 2

I solved our phone storage problems by setting up a Synology NAS.  It’s a storage device that you connect to your home network.  Anything connected to the home network such as your phone over wifi or computer, can download files on it.  I set it up years ago when I was big into photoshop.   Now we us it most of the time to free up space on the phone. With this set up I can view the pics on the tv. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  Actually house is too big for me...I am more of a small house/cottage/cabin girl.  But it is a nice place to hang for the next four weeks!  🙂  

Island lady coming out lurkdum to say how

much I love you sharing your Maine pics.  Grew up in boothbay harbor and visiting soon. Love seeing the ocean pics.

I think the view of water from plAce you just left was My favorite.  We’ve only visited bar harbor once but I look forward to getting back eventually.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sheal said:

@Sea DogGreg, speaking of photos, what was that digital item that was discussed that will display photos along with giving time and weather and letting you know what day it is.  I can't remember if the discussion took at Dani's place here or over in John's lounge. 

It was the Amazon Echo Show.

https://www.amazon.com/All-new-Echo-Show-8-2nd-Gen-2021-release/dp/B084DCJKSL/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=echo+show&qid=1625017114&sr=8-1

3 hours ago, helen haywood said:

My iPhone does take wonderful photos.  But my problem with it is…I can’t back up the photos on my laptop as I’m about out of memory storage…I tried to put the photos on a thumb drive but one laptop said no files found and the other said it didn’t recognize the device or no photos found.  (Alas, no kids or grands to lead us out of the woods…)

So I just want to be able to take photos and flip through them on the same device.

Most likely because the newer iPhones will take a photo using their HEIC format. iPhone saves photos in HEIC format by default. If you want to change that,  you can go into your iPhone camera settings and switch it to JPEG.

We had a big storm blow through this afternoon. Gusts up to 60mph.  It came in quick but the weather station was going off for much of the afternoon.  High heat and humidity usually brings up poor weather. 

Sun to the east, with clouds building. 

17063DE4-1C21-4F4E-B8A1-4EB5F2F92DCC.thumb.jpeg.42c31b1796c7782392536cda38c3ab7d.jpeg

Not so much to the west. The pic below was literally taken right after the one above.  I suggested to Owen that he might want to get of the pile of gravel. 

B2902C4B-2DB6-4EC2-A0C7-3292329516E4.thumb.jpeg.875b79dc1b7aa8f447a15011afb8f910.jpeg

3FFE7402-A3AD-481A-84D8-988D16D3CF6C.thumb.jpeg.c2855a5b226c04ce92ddbf538bca053c.jpeg

62BDC616-7732-41D7-87B0-01B2525ABE13.thumb.jpeg.e603f1ce01f2a212b078d1a290a350de.jpeg

Then we though we might head a bit closer to the house. 

193CDD78-6FC4-4AD0-94DD-451F69042A9A.thumb.jpeg.acede7683e341bba04a689bc8ceeced3.jpeg

To the south just as windy.  Low level clouds were flying and upper level were crawling. 

6E88C66E-4173-4954-91AB-B872073F4D2D.thumb.jpeg.cba913268d924f8a001730cc8c086500.jpeg

Some lightning too.

1C083AAB-A057-435D-9F51-15736105B20B.thumb.jpeg.398b137b0bf58e52a2dea2cb5955cbe7.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 15

Cause and effect.   We have some small clean up at most of the farms.  I spent a couple hours at my place, just small stuff and cleaning up around the pool. Going to have a busy couple of days with the rest of it. 

There was a bit more at Sharon’s.

729ECAEB-03C3-4E11-A798-BAE1B528947E.thumb.jpeg.1694f11aeee393c8b61a820afad9d462.jpeg

A major portion of a large tree at my moms to clean up. 

E7086B38-8C43-448B-A846-354E9309C657.thumb.jpeg.f242206999565726c040d540d666ebce.jpeg

Clearly you can see why she broke. These storms are nature’s pruning. We will take the rest of the tree out later on, after this is cleaned up.  The stump will be ground out and grass seeded.

B1DA682A-9089-4769-AA28-41B020BA3526.thumb.jpeg.b918d6274b1763f0eecfeb2db8ba3d43.jpeg

6B12DE7B-AF24-4079-BDD6-953F9333CC84.thumb.jpeg.910d642aef9ce764ceaa7507e3d211d7.jpeg

• Like 12