Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

It is a great place.  Visit was good, mostly routine but he has been having a low blood sugar problem. 
Sadly, his transplant doctor is leaving amd now we will have to train a new one!

Glad the appointment went well. Sorry to hear his Dr is leaving.  Hope he finds a new one he’s happy with. 

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Nice car. I see Lisa took it over. 🥂

This one was hers from the get go. If it was the 66 Mustang convertible it would be a fight. 

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Did I miss the photos of the new car after it's beauty treatment, or is this the official unveiling?  Love the white.

Not yet. Still waiting on some final pics to get to me. 

Went to Sharon’s after dinner. She goes for double cataract surgery on Thursday.  Owen will have to water her veggie and plant gardens while she stays at our house for a few days so he needed to see what was required. 

DFDA4BF0-FBF3-41E5-9930-EE1F9D942A47.thumb.jpeg.72ab238264d550148f343c4db7fdf177.jpeg

I also sent Lisa and Owen out into the corn. It should be knee high by the first of July. I’d say we’re good. 

1269A0A5-8812-47B2-AF27-CDD145F88833.thumb.jpeg.2a52c3b2f8ae758853977f7bfdbf96f4.jpeg

• Like 15

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Learning something new from this thread every day ... I was so sure the diagnosis of CF is very "clear cut", due to its quite distinctive characteristics, like salty sweat and recurring pneumonias...

Wrong diagnosis and inconclusive results are new to me.

And, on a whole different note, cinder blocks are used in Florida !! (as well as in Israel). Same climate?

I don't know what type of test he had the first time.  I think it was the sweat test which I know is the definitive test for CF.  My grandson had pneumonia twice and wasn't growing as he should have. Whatever test it was,  he could not definitely be diagnosed until the 2nd dr ordered testing.   Even without a definite diagnosis, the 1st dr. told my daughter "it looks like CF". I'm just glad for the final outcome.

It gets awfully hot here in the Dallas area.  Not as humid as Houston but we can have100+ temps for longer than 30 days straight.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Looks like a field of dreams to me!

if the price of corn keeps going up I certainly have to agree with you.

I also love  that movie.  Did you know that you can stay in the house where the movie was filmed? I almost stayed there last year on my car tour but Covid clearly put a nail to that plan. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Cystic Fibrosis treatments have come so far in the last 50 years. 
A friend’s granddaughter was diagnosed at age 2. She has had good years and bad years, but is now 23 with a beautiful 3 year old, and they’re both thriving. 

Very promising.  Glad they're doing well.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Our rule, until 18, was no more than one friend in the car with you while driving.  Too many examples of accidents due to distraction from a car full of kids.

Our rule was no friends in the car for the first 6 months.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

if the price of corn keeps going up I certainly have to agree with you.

I also love  that movie.  Did you know that you can stay in the house where the movie was filmed? I almost stayed there last year on my car tour but Covid clearly put a nail to that plan. 

Yes I saw a story on how you can stay there. That would be really cool. I just wish I could play ball worth a darn.

7 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

It is a great place.  Visit was good, mostly routine but he has been having a low blood sugar problem. 
Sadly, his transplant doctor is leaving amd now we will have to train a new one!

Glad to hear all went well with Charlie's visit today.

You just need to give him a desert a day!  

Best luck with training a new transplant doc.

• Like 1

Just now, Bailey & Sophie said:

Below Deck Med is on. Any predictions?

I'm recording it now to watch on Friday night when I can enjoy some cruise cocktails. Trying to keep my ears closed as I do not want to hear any spoilers. All eyes will be on Sandy and Malia. They know that the public was very angry about last season. My guess is that they will butt heads at some point. I hope that Captain Sandy lays off the micromanaging .

7 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I have a feeling that he will be trained well. Glad to read that everything seems to be as good as can be. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm recording it now to watch on Friday night when I can enjoy some cruise cocktails. Trying to keep my ears closed as I do not want to hear any spoilers. All eyes will be on Sandy and Malia. They know that the public was very angry about last season. My guess is that they will butt heads at some point. I hope that Captain Sandy lays off the micromanaging .

I just started watching recently. Why was the public angry? What did they do?

13 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I just started watching recently. Why was the public angry? What did they do?

Oh boy. Grab a drink. A big one.

There was a chef on board Kiko. So sweet. From South America. Amazing food. 

A Charter group wanted a Vegas themed menu. Hannah tried to help him out and it was a major fail. It was all fried food. Kiko had no idea what Vegas  food meant, Hannah hid and Captain Hovercraft fired him.

So....Malia's boyfriend is a chef, in between jobs. She gets him hired. Because they are a couple she wants to trade cabins so she can be with him. That would mean Hannah would have to share a cabin with Bugsy whom Hannah hates. Malia went to Captain Hovercraft  who approved the move.

While moving Malia found valium and a cbd pipe in Hannah's possessions and turned her in. Hannah was fired.

It's complicated. This was a very concise response.

Note: Captain Hovercraft refers to Captain Sandy who has a tendency to micro manage.

Malia also has a nickname of Malaria. 

They are not well liked on the Bravo boards I read. But I'm hooked.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Oh boy. Grab a drink. A big one.

There was a chef on board Kiko. So sweet. From South America. Amazing food. 

A Charter group wanted a Vegas themed menu. Hannah tried to help him out and it was a major fail. It was all fried food. Kiko had no idea what Vegas  food meant, Hannah hid and Captain Hovercraft fired him.

So....Malia's boyfriend is a chef, in between jobs. She gets him hired. Because they are a couple she wants to trade cabins so she can be with him. That would mean Hannah would have to share a cabin with Bugsy whom Hannah hates. Malia went to Captain Hovercraft  who approved the move.

While moving Malia found valium and a cbd pipe in Hannah's possessions and turned her in. Hannah was fired.

It's complicated. This was a very concise response.

Note: Captain Hovercraft refers to Captain Sandy who has a tendency to micro manage.

Malia also has a nickname of Malaria. 

They are not well liked on the Bravo boards I read. But I'm hooked.

Love the nicknames! I'm hooked as well.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 11:05 AM, BonTexasNY said:

It's funny how conditioned we are to turn our noses up at food we are unaccustomed to eat. Then I thought that we eat chicken at least 2-3 times a week,  Not a pleasant and appetizing looking animal when alive. 🐔  It's all subjective.  But....squirrel??? :classic_huh:

Tried it...didn't like it...but at least I did try.  😉   Now if something smells bad and looks bad...no...I draw the line there.  🤢

• Like 1