Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

42 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Marietta I'm curious what tomato paste do you use? I like "Contadina" for it's taste and richness. I'll also throw in a can of diced garlic and onion tomatoes.

This time was tuttorosa(spelling) I prefer Contadina as that is what my mom preferred.  I use purée because my father-in-law got me hooked.  His father was a chef in Manhattan.  Can’t go wrong with a can of garlic and onions!  I made meatballs and put in sausage and pork neckbones, and now cooking it for at least four hours.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

This time was tuttorosa(spelling) I prefer Contadina as that is what my mom preferred.  I use purée because my father-in-law got me hooked.  His father was a chef in Manhattan.  Can’t go wrong with a can of garlic and onions!  I made meatballs and put in sausage and pork neckbones, and now cooking it for at least four hours.

Sounds fantastic!

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 10:44 AM, BonTexasNY said:

Do you know why? And you can call me Bonnie.😉

Hi Bonnie!  Yes, it's state regulated, as far as we know.   Jim thinks we're the only state that has this regulation.  I'm Maryann, Bonnie!😊

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@island lady

Pat, pretty please,

Pictures of your new shack??? 😁

LOL...working on it.  🙂  Been a bit more involved with settling in here.  (Larger house)

Trying to download some pics of the inside now.  And will take pics of the outside tomorrow.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sheal said:

I'm curious about how the "chef" prepared the rice.  I'm guessing it soaks up the juices from the chicken but at what point does it get added to the pan?  I would imagine additional broth would be needed. Please share.🙂

You aren’t far off the mark.  The Recipe is found at the link below. 

https://www.yum-o.org/recipe/winner-winner-chicken-dinner/

• Like 2

On 6/28/2021 at 12:21 PM, molly361 said:

Both my mother and sister in NY have NEVER pumped their own gas.  That said I have not done it in many, many years.  I told Dan once he goes it's an electric car for me I guess😇

I not only pump my own fuel for my little SUV, but I do all the fill ups for the "land yacht".  While I am doing the fill, Bucky is trying to clean the huge flat front windshield of bugs.  Working together, it gets the job done faster.  I do get some strange looks from some of the "macho men" at the station though.  😄 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

I do love frog legs, but refused everything else. I remember my dad not being able to eat Muskrat because of the smell.

No, would never consider Muskrat...though I did try Frog Legs once.  It was "Ok".  Reminded me of dark meat chicken...why does everything "taste like chicken"?  😉 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Anytime is  good to make sauce and meatballs for me. Extra garlic for me please.

To bad we are not neighbors.  I grew garlic for the first time and just harvested 190 bulbs.  Before growing my own I had never heard of garlic scapes.  Nice treat before the garlic is fully grown.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

So happy to hear he is doing well.  Is he having knee surgery on Staten Island? I had a great orthopedist for my hip.

Marietta

No, he's going to have it done here in New Jersey.  He's waiting to hear from the surgeon for a date.  He's gotten the go-ahead from his cardiologist, and his 911 lung doctor.  We only go back to the Island for our awesome dentist, and Jim's cardiologist.  

• Like 2

EB3A4E4C-C9A8-49CA-A502-6AEF61114DB1.thumb.jpeg.ba05b24e68f7d64c8cc4b00329080c99.jpegGoing to have my head examined.  Just made meatballs and sauce in this horrid heat 🤪

EB3A4E4C-C9A8-49CA-A502-6AEF61114DB1.thumb.jpeg.ba05b24e68f7d64c8cc4b00329080c99.jpegGoing to have my head examined.  Just made meatballs and sauce in this horrid heat 🤪

It looks delicious!  I'm glad all went well at Columbia!!

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Looks amazing, enjoy every minute Pat & Bucky 🥰

Thanks!  Actually house is too big for me...I am more of a small house/cottage/cabin girl.  But it is a nice place to hang for the next four weeks!  🙂  

10 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

WOW Island lady, it looks like you hit the jackpot on your newest rental!!  Stunning!  enjoy!

Thanks!  Right now the biggest thing I love about this house is the A/C!  Record heat out there, but will cool down again in day or two.  🙂