Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Watching Below Deck right now… makes me realize that I like Glen, better than Sandi just by their disposition. 

2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sandy is very annoying,I think

I used to like her but the way she treated Kiko last season caused me to lose respect for her.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Watching Below Deck right now… makes me realize that I like Glen, better than Sandi just by their disposition. 

Totally agree. Glen is the guy I'd like be on yacht with. His easy going attitude makes everything around him better.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Is that a lake or the Atlantic in front of the cabin?

Yeah, tough to see (I think owners of this house left a bit too many ratty looking Pine trees that block the view)...but indeed it is open Atlantic to the right of our view, and a neighboring point of land to the left across the bay.  Perhaps left the trees as a wind block during storms maybe?  

The rocks on the beach below us are huge...big boulders and craggy shoreline.  Enjoyed "rock hopping" this morning down there at low tide, found some seaglass.  Approx. 8-10 feet tide drop here.  Lobster boats cruising through quite early in the morning.  

House is set way back from the road in a Pine forest.  Remote and quiet back here.  

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Pat, your new pad looks amazing. Not surprised at all to see that the feeders were already up.  Bucky, he is a man of the birds. 

LOL.  He likes watching them as well...but it is with the "rolled eyes" that he puts up with my love of birds and dragging the feeders, poles, and seed around from house to house.  Finally picked up my flowers for "Hummingbird" attractor.  😉 

• Like 1

I follow Captain Sandy on social media. I think her heart is in the right spot and she takes her job very seriously but I think she fell victim to ego stardom.  She wasn't that bad early in the series and as each season evolved she seemed to interject herself into a lot of the scenes. Captain Lee and Glen like staying out of the limelight. Just my opinion. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I did see that one the other day as a repeat. I was mad at Hannah also for not telling Sandy her part in the food fiasco. I felt really bad for Kiko. I didn’t realize the public was mad since I don’t read any of the boards about the show. If I had not seen the show your description was perfect for someone to understand what had happened. Thanks.

It's been a while since I saw those episodes but I was thinking that Hannah did tell Sandy her part in the Vegas food fiasco.    I, too, felt bad for Kiko - he seems like such a sweet heart.    

Malia is one I don't like at all!    Curious to see how she does this season. 

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here is a pic of our Sons cat who is wearing fuzzy tosst.

Not real toast!

The vet gave him this fuzzy toast to wear instead of a cone while recovering from an ear infection.

Never seen this before but great idea vs those cones.

image0.jpg

What a great idea!  And so much more comfortable for them.  I 'Googled' it and you can buy them at Walmart for less than $10.

• Like 3

I reacted to the RCI change to double points for all of 2022, by booking a B2B2B next October on Explorer out of Miami.  Makes 9 cruises booked.  If they all happen, we will be over 650 points.  Less than 50 to Pin. 

• Like 4

Hey, all you tech wizards here…I have a question.  As I already mentioned I have become a Crazy Cat Lady taking too many pictures and videos.  What device could I buy that I really just want to take pictures and videos with?  I’d leave it at home…but would want to flip through my photo albums.  Like an IPhone but not needing all the other features…just camera.  Any ideas?

Lots of good basic cameras out there to choose from. If you want a simple point and shoot you could get a Sony Cyber-Shot

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-DSCW830-Digital-Camera-2-7-Inch/dp/B00HNJWUBI

or a Canon PowerShot

https://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-Digital-Optical-Stabilization/dp/B019UDHX7A/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Canon+PowerShot+Elph+190+IS.+...&qid=1625001552&s=electronics&sr=1-3

Both are 20 megapixel cameras. with a zoom. You mentioned your flip through photo album, are you wanting to digitize those photos? If so easiest thing would be to get a printer with a scanner on top. You can scan the photo and save it to your computer. 

As for cameras there are lots of options. I take most of pictures on my iPhone and it does a great job.

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

To bad we are not neighbors.  I grew garlic for the first time and just harvested 190 bulbs.  Before growing my own I had never heard of garlic scapes.  Nice treat before the garlic is fully grown.

That is a lot of garlic for a first time growing.  What do you plan to do with it?  Farm stand?

@A&L_Ont Thanks for the link.  Sounds super easy and looks delicious.

• Like 1