Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Everything looks delicious, but ummm… Bacon Ranch Potatoes?! I’m drooling 🤤

They are delicious.  I think this week may see my weight go up a pound or two.  

Just went to find some good things at farmer’s market this morning. 

D40DABF1-18D8-4ED7-98E9-2249104CE00D.thumb.jpeg.94f9966fb792cfe2107ef2d939293cae.jpeg

Grandson is looking for something good. 

AC904BD4-9C19-436A-BE8B-7138BCCEFB7B.thumb.jpeg.3a069e61f1179340855550acdd1446c6.jpeg

430102D1-9BA7-4750-8A01-13FA55F1237D.thumb.jpeg.5d64c68456e889601dc45e3391415540.jpeg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Recognise it well..

We were visiting relatives in Malton last weekend and had our usual visit to the York ( designer outlet )

Had the filled Yorkshire puddings for lunch right at the end of the market place although your fish looks good.

The Ivy St Helens Square was the restaurant.

On 6/30/2021 at 2:08 PM, Tree_skier said:

If a YouTube video of a person going nuts at the DMV in Central CA goes viral I apologize in advance. Yesterday I spent half the day there only to be turned away on a minor thing. Today I’ve been waiting for over two hours and aren’t even in the building yet. 

Oh, that's awful!!  The DMV's here in NJ don't seem too much better.  The majority of them are constantly closing due to the covid.

On 6/30/2021 at 3:40 PM, A&L_Ont said:

Since sea food has been a topic here lately, thanks to Pat 😋, we shall enjoy the following video. 

He lost me when he added garlic…then he said Maine has no mayo, Connecticut does. What the heck!

Then I saw the light when he said it’s a San Diego lobster roll! 

Of course he doesn’t know lobster rolls!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you.  We started loading up our cars this morning.  It's a nice sunny day today, not too muggy now but calling for some storms tonight.  One last beach day till the next time.  

Plan on going here for an early dinner.

https://www.quincysoriginal.com/

They have lobster rolls, NE style, that overflow with lobster meat for only $15.    New place this summer.  I've been here several times this past month.  They have a weekday special of $12 for lobster rolls.    Yummy!!

We will starve when we get home.

Thanks Sunshine!  I'll have to get to LBI and get some lobstah rolls there!  We did get some in Cape May last September...I wonder if we got them at quincysoriginal.  There were several place to get lobtah rolls.

Safe travels tomorrow.  My SIL is driving here tomorrow morning, and will be leaving on the 4th to get home, hoping everyone else at the Shore will be heading home on the 5th.  We have our barbeque on the 3rd of July, since the fireworks can be seen from in front of our house here.🎆

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lionesss said:

In regards to pumping gas.

I made it to age 64  7months till I had to pump gas.

Yea, that was 3 weeks ago.

When I got my first car I lived at home and  my dad pumped my gas, and when I got married my dad would take time and when he visited me would pump the gas in my car.  

So it was something I never had to do till:

I was out and about coming home from Twinsburg in the GTO and this little light went on.

Not wanting to take chances I stopped at the gas station.

Well, the little icon on the gas pump on the dash says gas door on right.

So I go outside the car and the gas door on the car will not open.

So, I do what any blond would do.

Get in the car and leave and go to another gas station, did not want to look stupid.

So before I pull up to pump I pull out the car manual in the glove box.

OOOOHHHHH, there is a little button under the steering wheel you have to attack to open that little gas door.  I hit it, and heard a little click.

So I proceed outside, and the gas door does not open.  REALLY (preparing for my October live report with my favorite word).

Now I am frustrated (wanted to say P*****) but do not want to upset the censors.

So I now do what any women would do, I go upto the nice gentleman riding his Harley with tattoos that only a MOTHER could love and ask for help.

He kindly came over and said I had to push harder on the left of the little door to pop it.

He did, it worked I thanked MOTHER , never got to exchange names, (his backseat driver looked like they were a team, not going there).

So I program the pump, and put the nozzle in and just as I am ready to pump gas MOTHER comes back and says that is Premium you are putting in the tank.  He continues to say those LS2's like only the good stuff.

So now I do not know how to change the reading  on the pump.

So I go inside the store, when the man at the counter gets done looking at  me like I just arrived from another planet he goes, "Just turn the pump  off, and start again."

So I do the walk of shame out the store, pump my gas and head home.

That is the last time I will make an effort to pump gas, that takes too much time.

That was quite an adventure you had!!!

19 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

WTG Owen!!!!!

It’s the first year that they play with wooden bats and a full field. 

He had 4 RBIs, and caught 5 fly balls for outs in left field.  He had three at bats and made it to third base every time but never got further than that. He had a walk, a single and a double.  He also stole a case to get to second. They may have lost 12-6 to an age group one year older but it was a decent game considering no one has played in over a year.  I hopefully think that they might be competitive against the other teams in their league. Only time will tell. 

I will proudly say Owen was the most consistent player on his team.  I’m sure the too will have his moments. He played with some of the older kids the year before last, on a select team. They have some big boys for sure. 

• Like 11

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Dani.

I used to always eat steak when we were out but have cut out steak and gammon after my heart attack in December 2019 and now eat fish in different forms like Salmon,Sea Bass, Cod or Haddock.

I'll take fish over a steak any day!!  especially sea bass..yum!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

He lost me when he added garlic…then he said Maine has no mayo, Connecticut does. What the heck!

Then I saw the light when he said it’s a San Diego lobster roll! 

Of course he doesn’t know lobster rolls!

I see where you are coming from. I’ll take your lobster roll and you can have my raisins. Deal?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

It’s the first year that they play with wooden bats and a full field.

Great that they get to use wooden bats. I hated that sound "tink" with aluminum bats when my son played. WTG Owen, awesome game. I hope he will continue to have fun and enjoy the game. My son got burned out playing on extremely competitive teams. Too bad because he was a decent left handed pitcher.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I hope all who celebrate this holiday have a safe & happy 4th of July 🇺🇸.  
I’m pretty happy right now that we planned our cookout/pool party celebration for Mon

We decided to move our Celebration from our house with pool, to our daughter's with a huge wrap-around porch and new addition to her home, due to the weather forecast.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lionesss said:

In regards to pumping gas.

I made it to age 64  7months till I had to pump gas.

Yea, that was 3 weeks ago.

When I got my first car I lived at home and  my dad pumped my gas, and when I got married my dad would take time and when he visited me would pump the gas in my car.  

So it was something I never had to do till:

I was out and about coming home from Twinsburg in the GTO and this little light went on.

Not wanting to take chances I stopped at the gas station.

Well, the little icon on the gas pump on the dash says gas door on right.

So I go outside the car and the gas door on the car will not open.

So, I do what any blond would do.

Get in the car and leave and go to another gas station, did not want to look stupid.

So before I pull up to pump I pull out the car manual in the glove box.

OOOOHHHHH, there is a little button under the steering wheel you have to attack to open that little gas door.  I hit it, and heard a little click.

So I proceed outside, and the gas door does not open.  REALLY (preparing for my October live report with my favorite word).

Now I am frustrated (wanted to say P*****) but do not want to upset the censors.

So I now do what any women would do, I go upto the nice gentleman riding his Harley with tattoos that only a MOTHER could love and ask for help.

He kindly came over and said I had to push harder on the left of the little door to pop it.

He did, it worked I thanked MOTHER , never got to exchange names, (his backseat driver looked like they were a team, not going there).

So I program the pump, and put the nozzle in and just as I am ready to pump gas MOTHER comes back and says that is Premium you are putting in the tank.  He continues to say those LS2's like only the good stuff.

So now I do not know how to change the reading  on the pump.

So I go inside the store, when the man at the counter gets done looking at  me like I just arrived from another planet he goes, "Just turn the pump  off, and start again."

So I do the walk of shame out the store, pump my gas and head home.

That is the last time I will make an effort to pump gas, that takes too much time.

So I get home and the DH goes  "YOU ----------- PUMPED GAS!!!!!!!!!"

I responded  "Yea I did, it wasn't that painful"

Then he goes "did you get a receipt, I always save the receipts".  

He just got the look.

Here I should have invoked the house rule as to spouse duties.

I clean bathrooms, and he never has to touch cleaning them.

and

The DH takes out trash and pumps gas.

Oh and I paid around $3,79ish a gallon for the gas.

Just saying.

I was with a friend in New Orleans. Only rental car available was a Ford.

Dinner was at Commanders Palace and on our way back to the hotel,  I noticed the gas light was on. We were at Lee Circle, not the best place for two ladies at night.

Pulled into a gas station and looked for the lever  to open the gas tank door.  
Couldn't find anything. Looked in the glove box for a manual. No manual.  
Tried to pry the gas tank door open. 
Nope!

A man (who was not tattooed) asked me if there was a problem. I explained, and he also searched for a clue…nothing. 
Then a clerk came out of the building to see what the problem was. He couldn’t help either. 
I decided to leave the car there, taxi back to the hotel, call Hertz in the morning (I didn’t think of calling right then), get the solution and taxi back to Lee Circle. 
About then a car pulled in. A man got out, and saw 3 men and a woman gathered around a car with another woman huddled petrified inside the car (she kept locking the doors after each search of the interior).

He asked if there was a problem and I explained.
He asked me to pop the trunk. I did, and he showed us all the lever in the trunk that unlocked the gas tank. 
He only knew because his mother had bought a new Ford and he pumped the first fill up. 
Who in the name of all that’s holy comes up with these *****-a-mamie ideas?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I use Waze on my phone when we're traveling.  I like it better than the car GPS.

Incredible what else was developed in Israel: Computer firewall, Cell phone, kindle, soda stream, drip irrigation that is used world wide and get this... Power Rangers !  Cherry tomatoes too. So many other wonderful initiatives created in Israel.  Their technology is amazing.

And medical research!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Canada Day!!🍁

Many thanks. 

I found these Canada Days Adverts.  If you ever watched the Littlest Hobo, a Canadian Classic from the 70s/80s, this music will give you a throw back to this campaign.  

Merlin, Bella and OWD will approve. Lucy, maybe not so much. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 5