Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 minutes ago, George C said:

We are finishing packing now , leaving in a couple of hours , then cruising on the Edge leaving tomorrow, got a email from concierge with all the VIP stuff for our penthouse suite, should be interesting.

Have a wonderful cruise, enjoy all the PS's perks and goodies, and wishing your lovely wife a Happy Birthday the day after tomorrow.

4th of July is an excellent day to celebrate a birthday. Fireworks on Edge?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

That is totally my humour.  I will have to check it out. 

There is another show called Letterkenny, which I binged. If you don’t have that type of humour I suggest you not watch it. 

I’ll have to look into Letterkenny.  Let’s just say, we originally watched Episodes a couple of years ago then rewatched it last year during lockdown because we needed to laugh.  It was just as funny the 2nd time around. 

16 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We just finished watching the first (and so far only) season of Ted Lasso.  Also very good.  Jason Sudeikis is great.  Second season starts in a couple of weeks.  We're still anxiously awaiting the next season of Yellowstone.  We're looking for something new and haven't seen Bosch yet, so we'll need to give that a try.

Ditto on both of these shows.  
Ted Lasso I think is especially well done. It’s a ‘feel good’ story without being sappy. 
if you like Yellowstone (family good guy/bad guy drama), try “Succession” and another pretty obscure one that only had three seasons “Ice”.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Ted Lasso I think is especially well done. It’s a ‘feel good’ story without being sappy. 
if you like Yellowstone (family good guy/bad guy drama), try “Succession” and another pretty obscure one that only had three seasons “Ice”.  

We've watched all of Successions but not Ice.  Will check it out.  We're also waiting on the next season of Billions.  Also looking forward to the upcoming "mini-series" of Dexter...picking up the story 8 years later when he is living in a small town under a new name.  Should be interesting.

I find it interesting that these good shows are now on Netflix, Prime, etc. and are not on the main ABC/CBS/NBC networks.  Maybe they are better funded?  Or don't have the same FCC constraints about language/content?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We liked Yellowstone.  I watched Succession, Eric didnt care for that one.   That's one messed up, greed driven family.

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We've watched all of Successions but not Ice.  Will check it out.  We're also waiting on the next season of Billions.  Also looking forward to the upcoming "mini-series" of Dexter...picking up the story 8 years later when he is living in a small town under a new name.  Should be interesting.

I find it interesting that these good shows are now on Netflix, Prime, etc. and are not on the main ABC/CBS/NBC networks.  Maybe they are better funded?  Or don't have the same FCC constraints about language/content?

Billions is another good one.  I hope they do come back with another season, I was upset it got cut short with filming due to covid.

We liked Homeland too.   I still have to watch the last 4 or 5 episodes of Shameless.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Probably a bit of both. 
We watched Designated Survivor recently.  The first couple of seasons were on network tv, ABC I think.  The final season was picked up by Netflix and it was quite obvious.  Suddenly the f bombs were flying. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh no, you're right I havent seen him on other threads either.  Ugghhh!  Hopefully he is off enjoying life🤩

Lots of people traveling right now...like you.  😉  

He may simply be getting some much needed time off.  🙂 

• Like 4

We had a loaner car once when my car was in for service.  My car was a Volvo but the loaner was a Subaru.  We needed to fill up the tank before returning it.  Same experience…could not find magic latch.  Finally called the dealership…the button was UNDER the driver’s floor mat!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

What model was it?

It was around ‘96, a Hertz four door Ford sedan, and that’s all I know. I’m of the female group that expects a car to take you where you want to go without fuss and bother. 
It was not  a compact; I don’t do compacts, and not a luxury. Mid or full size. 
I strongly recommended if they wouldn’t leave a manual in the glove box, that they have a card with info like wipers, headlights, and any other basics like filling the gas tank. I don’t think the guy I returned it to gave a flip. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

There is another show called Letterkenny, which I binged.

Since you turned me onto this I have watched most of their You Tube videos. Great stuff and very funny. The comedic timing of the actors is incredible.

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

Question as a rental? Do you have a management company that washes the sheets and towels and remakes everything? How does that work? Curious, because we have a resort home, that others are approaching us to be a rental. TY :classic_smile: And what do you do about garbage service? We don't currently have service because it is unoccupied. 

No management company.   All renters need to bring their own bed linens and towels.  We provide pillows and bed spreads but last summer we asked renters to bring their own pillows, due to covid.     Majority of rentals here ask the same of their tenants.

I have a woman that I have known for about 15 years that lives on the island that cleans for us in between renters.  She only charges $75.  Majority of our renters for july and august are repeat customers and all but 2 families rent for 2 weeks.  

Since we have mostly repeat renters they all do a good job on leaving the place clean.

If any repairs are needed for anything I have a guy that I have known for many years that is a general contractor on the island and if either sends one of his Guys or goes himself to fix whatever the problem, rare to call him.   Hardly have issues I think I called him once last summer a family had a problem with a clogged toilet.  

Garbage is picked up twice a week.  I have a note on side of fridge with trash and recycle days and the wifi password.   

We have built in trash can holder at end of driveway so noone has to move the cans, just put trash in the cans and trash man empty and put the cans right back into the holder.  Just about every house here has this type of holder to prevent trash cans from blowing around.

When Eric and I stay here every June we usually do a bunch of little projects to make sure house in good condition and ready for everyone to enjoy.

Rain has stopped and I'm getting hungry for diner food.  Leaving here now.  Sad to leave but we will be back and either stay at neighbors house or go to spray beach hotel for a couple days.

Let the fun begin🧜‍♀️🦀🎆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Since we are talking television shows, I've been watching "Manifest" on Netflix. It's kind of like "Lost." Story about a flight that goes missing for five and half years and suddenly shows up. The passengers haven no idea they have been gone that long and now experience paranormal feelings. Pretty interesting and riveting.

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Since we are talking television shows, I've been watching "Manifest" on Netflix. It's kind of like "Lost." Story about a flight that goes missing for five and half years and suddenly shows up. The passengers haven no idea they have been gone that long and now experience paranormal feelings. Pretty interesting and riveting.

I watched some of that but I got bored and confused with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you for sharing his story and his service. His name should be on the wall.

We have a Wall, a very long and beautiful one, and a friend’s granddaughter is on it. She was killed by a drunk driver but was on active duty. 
A classmate of my husband’s is on it. He was in the back of a jeep coming back on base after a night of drinking. They drove  through security, shots were fired and he was killed. This was during the Vietnam war, but he was killed in Texas. 
I don’t know the rules for the Wall in DC, but if a member of the armed services died in Vietnam while on active duty, they should be on it. He gave his life for his country. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

but if a member of the armed services died in Vietnam while on active duty, they should be on it. He gave his life for his country. 

I agree totally.

• Like 4