Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, singinalot said:

ko preparing for our 6am flight to Bradenton, FL tomorrow. My bag’s packed and hubby’s to a point.

Follow me on IG if you want to for the wknd festivities.

We had a nice dinner with his family last night, work was busy today, and finishing the day with gym before last minute stuff at home

Happy Birthday & hope you have a great trip.

Glad we packed both our cars yesterday as it is an ugly rainy morning here at the shore.  Cooler packed,   Fridge/freezer empty and cleaned.  I think Eric was up all night eating leftovers and ice cream!

Bought several packages of Country Kettle Fudge to take home for a couple neighbors that took care of our Eva and Sparky and our yard/garden while away.

Plan on stopping at Vincetown Diner on our way home, half way point.

• Like 6

Tomorrow will yet be another long day for my husband. You would think as years go by the pain of never knowing your father would lessen. It doesn’t. 

His dad was an accomplished man. Air Force academy grad… with many awards. 

My husband was 9 months old when his   father  was on a plane that went down 56 years ago over Libya air space, during the Vietnam conflict. 

His father does not have his name on the “Wall” because it wasn’t a combat mission. And he was not in his fighter but another plane. 

My husband’s mom never remarried and raised  him, and giving me the man of my dreams. 

As we get ready to celebrate our 30th anniversary in a few weeks I can only pray for many more years together. 

The plane he flew in combat below. 

8B1CDE4A-A209-4DBA-AAD5-B2C60E321218.png

• Like 19

16 hours ago, h20skibum said:

They are delicious.  I think this week may see my weight go up a pound or two.  

Just went to find some good things at farmer’s market this morning. 

D40DABF1-18D8-4ED7-98E9-2249104CE00D.thumb.jpeg.94f9966fb792cfe2107ef2d939293cae.jpeg

Grandson is looking for something good. 

AC904BD4-9C19-436A-BE8B-7138BCCEFB7B.thumb.jpeg.3a069e61f1179340855550acdd1446c6.jpeg

430102D1-9BA7-4750-8A01-13FA55F1237D.thumb.jpeg.5d64c68456e889601dc45e3391415540.jpeg

Wow...nice looking (and big!) Farmers Market!!  🙂 

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Merlin fell in the pool today as I was cleaning it.  Right under. He quickly swam to the edge though and I guided him to the stairs

Merlin - fell in pool.jpg

Self made bath Mom!!  😉 

When we lived in Merritt Island with the big screened in pool, both my cats fell in several times, mostly by racing around the corners too fast when they played.  Wow,.... they were fast to swim directly to the stairs...and right into the house to shake the water all over the place!  Poor kitties!  Mom with fluffy towel to the rescue...purrrrrrr....purrrrr... 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I was with a friend in New Orleans. Only rental car available was a Ford.

Dinner was at Commanders Palace and on our way back to the hotel,  I noticed the gas light was on. We were at Lee Circle, not the best place for two ladies at night.

Pulled into a gas station and looked for the lever  to open the gas tank door.  
Couldn't find anything. Looked in the glove box for a manual. No manual.  
Tried to pry the gas tank door open. 
Nope!

A man (who was not tattooed) asked me if there was a problem. I explained, and he also searched for a clue…nothing. 
Then a clerk came out of the building to see what the problem was. He couldn’t help either. 
I decided to leave the car there, taxi back to the hotel, call Hertz in the morning (I didn’t think of calling right then), get the solution and taxi back to Lee Circle. 
About then a car pulled in. A man got out, and saw 3 men and a woman gathered around a car with another woman huddled petrified inside the car (she kept locking the doors after each search of the interior).

He asked if there was a problem and I explained.
He asked me to pop the trunk. I did, and he showed us all the lever in the trunk that unlocked the gas tank. 
He only knew because his mother had bought a new Ford and he pumped the first fill up. 
Who in the name of all that’s holy comes up with these *****-a-mamie ideas?

That's awful!!  And probably really embarrassing.  😉 

I myself drive a Ford...a little Ford Escape (my home grocery getter)...perfect for that.  I love my little Ford.  The gas cap is on the passenger side (but got used to it).  Super simple, flip open the gas fill door by hand, no gas cap (self sealing) so no embarrassing moments of driving off with the gas cap hanging down.  😄 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Coralc said:

Question as a rental? Do you have a management company that washes the sheets and towels and remakes everything? How does that work? Curious, because we have a resort home, that others are approaching us to be a rental. TY :classic_smile: And what do you do about garbage service? We don't currently have service because it is unoccupied. 

Not Sunshine...but I can tell you about my various VRBO rental situations.  They are all different.  

In this home we are in, we are required to bag our own trash and take up to the road every Tuesday for garbage pick up.  At the last rental, the owner who lived next door, came over every Wednesday to pick up the garbage we were required to bag and put in the separate shed.  One rental in Alaska, we had to take our garbage and recycle (whenever we felt like it) up to the area dumpsters and recycle bins about 5 miles away.  

Most will state to strip the beds and gather with used towels to leave near the washer, or start a load on departure day.  Also to start the dishwasher just before you leave.  All of either the owners, hired housekeeper, or a management company will do the cleaning after you leave (though you would be fined if you left a mess).  Hence check out usually around 10 am and check in at 3-4 pm to give them enough time to do so.  In some instances we leave the place cleaner than we found it.  😉 

All my rentals are prepaid, and all of them simply give us a key code for the digital lock door, or the key box with house key.  Almost every time, we never even meet the owner or management people.   We are on our own for cleaning during the week, but most will leave cleaning supplies for that.  

We really enjoy the freedom of choosing when and where we go.  🙂 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Possibly my favourite scenes from Schitt’s Creek, relate to the “Welcome Sign” discussion.

Oh my gosh, sooo funny!  
Have you ever watched “Episodes”?  It’s described as a British-American sitcom. It is inappropriate, raunchy, and absolutely hysterical - assuming you like that kind of humor.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Well, 

Two men and I went over that car with a fine tooth comb. Including feeling under the seats, under the dashboard, on the steering column; there was nothing. 

What model was it?

39 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Glad we packed both our cars yesterday as it is an ugly rainy morning here at the shore.  Cooler packed,   Fridge/freezer empty and cleaned.  I think Eric was up all night eating leftovers and ice cream!

Bought several packages of Country Kettle Fudge to take home for a couple neighbors that took care of our Eva and Sparky and our yard/garden while away.

Plan on stopping at Vincetown Diner on our way home, half way point.

It is raining, (started middle of the night), cold, and clammy up here as well.  Forecast to be a dismal weather weekend.  Bummer for the 4th of July tourists this weekend.  

Hope you have a good trip home!  🙂 

Drove way out into the country down a peninsula to hike favorite Wildlife refuge with backpack lunch, prepped with bug spray, my floppy hat, water bottle, and my phone for pictures.  Was excited to get out on the point for "lunch on a rock" along the rocky shoreline as we usually do out there.  Parked to get out...and "OMG!!" Forgot my hiking shoes, which were sitting at the door with socks...left behind.  

Not even considering doing that hike in flip flops I was currently wearing...we had no choice but to leave.  😞   Found the very popular meat market/butcher shop way out there that is very popular with the locals.  The owner has his own beef cattle he raises, and the "market" is under his older ranch home in the walk out basement/garage.  Definitely looked "iffy"....but was very busy with the locals coming and going.  Wanted burgers on the grill tonight, plus enough to make Chili this weekend.  There is no ground beef on display in the meat case.  You tell the clerk how much you want, she walks behind the curtain to grind to order.  

OMG...best burger I ever ate!!  😋  This is the before and after shots.  😄 

20210701_171221.jpg

20210701_172334.jpg

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Oh my gosh, sooo funny!  
Have you ever watched “Episodes”?  It’s described as a British-American sitcom. It is inappropriate, raunchy, and absolutely hysterical - assuming you like that kind of humor.  

That is totally my humour.  I will have to check it out. 

There is another show called Letterkenny, which I binged. If you don’t have that type of humour I suggest you not watch it. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Oh my gosh, sooo funny!  

We loved Episodes.  One of the funniest shows that I've watched in a long time.  We hated to see it end.  I wouldn't recommend it if you're easily offended.  I think Matt LeBlanc won an award for Episodes.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Tomorrow will yet be another long day for my husband. You would think as years go by the pain of never knowing your father would lessen. It doesn’t. 

His dad was an accomplished man. Air Force academy grad… with many awards. 

My husband was 9 months old when his   father  was on a plane that went down 56 years ago over Libya air space, during the Vietnam conflict. 

His father does not have his name on the “Wall” because it wasn’t a combat mission. And he was not in his fighter but another plane. 

My husband’s mom never remarried and raised  him, and giving me the man of my dreams. 

As we get ready to celebrate our 30th anniversary in a few weeks I can only pray for many more years together. 

The plane he flew in combat below. 

Please pass our condolences to your husband. From your description you MIL shaped your husband into a wonderful man. Virtual hugs to you both. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Happy birthday Crystal! 

we are finishing packing now , leaving in a couple of hours , then cruising on the Edge leaving tomorrow, got a email from concierge with all the VIP stuff for our penthouse suite, should be interesting.

• Like 2

We just finished watching the first (and so far only) season of Ted Lasso.  Also very good.  Jason Sudeikis is great.  Second season starts in a couple of weeks.  We're still anxiously awaiting the next season of Yellowstone.  We're looking for something new and haven't seen Bosch yet, so we'll need to give that a try.

On 12/16/2020 at 3:53 PM, Lionesss said:

In the fourth month the Roses changed to carnations and the only thing my dad said was.....

I think it is time to realize this man loves you and he is running out of money, you better *hit or get off the pot, 

Very moving story about Rick's dad. So sad.

And very happy pearl wedding anniversary 🌷💐

• Like 1