Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

55 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Merlin fell in the pool today as I was cleaning it.  Right under. He quickly swam to the edge though and I guided him to the stairs

Merlin - fell in pool.jpg

Hugs and kisses for Merlin! He is adorable like our adora Belle!

Just look at that "what did I do" face.🥰

• Like 5

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Top end of Coney Street.

Just around the corner from the York Minster.

Restaurant was called Ivy and was very nice.

We parked next to the Tower museum.

We really enjoyed touring the York Minster, especially the roman ruins underneath.  Very interesting tour.  Our daughter's graduate work was not far from where you were...in Kings Manor.  She volunteered at the Henry VII museum at Mickelgate Bar, an interesting little place.  Her masters degree was in Medieval History with a focus on the War of the Roses, so she knows more about Henry VII than a normal person should know, and certainly more than the vast majority of Americans (and maybe also Brits?). 😁  She often said that she knows a lot more about English royalty than she does about US Presidents.  She enjoyed her time in York but felt that it was a little too touristy for her tastes.

I also really enjoyed visiting the National Railway Museum in York.  I spent several hours there while my wife and daughter went shopping.  Felt like a very good compromise to me.  Highly recommended.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I use Waze on my phone when we're traveling.  I like it better than the car GPS.

Incredible what else was developed in Israel: Computer firewall, Cell phone, kindle, soda stream, drip irrigation that is used world wide and get this... Power Rangers !  Cherry tomatoes too. So many other wonderful initiatives created in Israel.  Their technology is amazing.

I know a couple of Isrealis who were part of Unit 8200 of the IDF and now make and sell various cyber defense products.  Really, REALLY smart guys who know their stuff.  Some of the best cyber people in the world came from Unit 8200.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Some of the best cyber people in the world came from Unit 8200.

The parent's of many of them immigrated from the "late" USSR, where mathematics and exact sciences are their "strong point"....

Even in Romania we studied physics and chemistry while in elementary school.

My "strong point", though, was Medieval History, like your daughter...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

He is a friend of my son in law .The only time I have a conversation with him is if he is at my daughters house.He was invited to the July 4 party .If he comes I can ask him.

DaveKathy has a crystal ball,not me.

Thank you. I would be happy to hear of "insider" information.

Be safe at the party.

30 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We really enjoyed touring the York Minster, especially the roman ruins underneath.  Very interesting tour.  Our daughter's graduate work was not far from where you were...in Kings Manor.  She volunteered at the Henry VII museum at Mickelgate Bar, an interesting little place.  Her masters degree was in Medieval History with a focus on the War of the Roses, so she knows more about Henry VII than a normal person should know, and certainly more than the vast majority of Americans (and maybe also Brits?). 😁  She often said that she knows a lot more about English royalty than she does about US Presidents.  She enjoyed her time in York but felt that it was a little too touristy for her tastes.

I also really enjoyed visiting the National Railway Museum in York.  I spent several hours there while my wife and daughter went shopping.  Felt like a very good compromise to me.  Highly recommended.

Out of season York isn’t so touristy.

Fenwicks is a lovely shop.

You can actually walk the city walls visit the Jorvik centre or take a boat trip all are very good.

Agree the national railway museum is superb also you can easily spend a day there.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Agree the national railway museum is superb also you can easily spend a day there.

Definitely true.  I felt rushed going through it in a couple of hours but had a time limit to meet up with my wife and daughter.  I'd love to go back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Merlin fell in the pool today as I was cleaning it.  Right under. He quickly swam to the edge though and I guided him to the stairs

Merlin - fell in pool.jpg

sniff.....sniff.... I'm sorryyyyyyyy...sniff..,sniff.,,I didn't mean it.

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

And medical research!

Boy, I'll say.  Too many to list.  Israel is first in the world for medical device patents per capita.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I was with a friend in New Orleans. Only rental car available was a Ford.

Dinner was at Commanders Palace and on our way back to the hotel,  I noticed the gas light was on. We were at Lee Circle, not the best place for two ladies at night.

Pulled into a gas station and looked for the lever  to open the gas tank door.  
Couldn't find anything. Looked in the glove box for a manual. No manual.  
Tried to pry the gas tank door open. 
Nope!

A man (who was not tattooed) asked me if there was a problem. I explained, and he also searched for a clue…nothing. 
Then a clerk came out of the building to see what the problem was. He couldn’t help either. 
I decided to leave the car there, taxi back to the hotel, call Hertz in the morning (I didn’t think of calling right then), get the solution and taxi back to Lee Circle. 
About then a car pulled in. A man got out, and saw 3 men and a woman gathered around a car with another woman huddled petrified inside the car (she kept locking the doors after each search of the interior).

He asked if there was a problem and I explained.
He asked me to pop the trunk. I did, and he showed us all the lever in the trunk that unlocked the gas tank. 
He only knew because his mother had bought a new Ford and he pumped the first fill up. 
Who in the name of all that’s holy comes up with these *****-a-mamie ideas?

That sounds crazy.  I would of never thought to look there.  Maybe would of eventually thought to google it.  Do you have to open the trunk every time?  Why in the world would they make it like that. Crazy 😜 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That sounds crazy.  I would of never thought to look there.  Maybe would of eventually thought to google it.  Do you have to open the trunk every time?  Why in the world would they make it like that. Crazy 😜 

That's an emergency latch. There must be another one somewhere

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@Ourusualbeach, @A&L_Ont, @StanleyandGus@#55worktoplay

Happy Canada Day 

and other Canadians whom I didn't "detect" ....😉

Thank you, Dani!

We are spending Canada Day renovating our shed. New 2 x 4’s, new plywood, repainted roof- the concrete slab is still original, but not much else is!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

sounds like you took out a second mortgage🤣

Just about! Thankfully, all the other renovations don’t require much lumber.

I’m letting Chris decide everything for the shed. That way, when we’re doing the living room or kitchen, it will be my turn 😁!

• Like 5

How did I miss that there’s a new season of Handmaid’s Tale out?!  Also a new season of Bosch.  So glad to have new shows to watch. We just finished Cobra Kai. It started out okay, but turned pretty lame by Season 3.  Ralph Macchio’s acting is non-existent. 

We love Bosch!!  We finished the new season the other night.  We're looking forward to the next (and last?) season of Peaky Blinders, but I don't think it's going to be available until sometime next year.