Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We are in York today home of the famous medieval shambles street and the Minster.

We have had a wonderful meal.

Graham.

IMG_20210701_115303.jpg

IMG_20210701_115943.jpg

IMG_20210701_121912.jpg

IMG_20210701_122948.jpg

IMG-20210701-WA0001.jpg

IMG_20210701_130431.jpg

IMG_20210701_130517.jpg

Recognise it well..

We were visiting relatives in Malton last weekend and had our usual visit to the York ( designer outlet )

Had the filled Yorkshire puddings for lunch right at the end of the market place although your fish looks good.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Recognise it well..

We were visiting relatives in Malton last weekend and had our usual visit to the York ( designer outlet )

Had the filled Yorkshire puddings for lunch right at the end of the market place although your fish looks good.

Just now, Norwich Cruiser said:
2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We are in York today home of the famous medieval shambles street and the Minster.

We have had a wonderful meal.

Graham.

IMG_20210701_115303.jpg

IMG_20210701_115943.jpg

IMG_20210701_121912.jpg

IMG_20210701_122948.jpg

IMG-20210701-WA0001.jpg

IMG_20210701_130431.jpg

IMG_20210701_130517.jpg

Expand  

Looks like you’re near High Ousegate just down from the Viking centre?

17 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lenny, please tell me you didn't have all that info without googling!

Stuart went to the same Sheepshead Bay HS as the wife of one of my friends.She received an e-mail from a classmate and thought I would be interested in that.

Bonnie,on Sunday I am going to a July 4 party.A woman who will be there,Michele S.grew up in the Grand St.complex .I am going to ask her which letter.She has 2 siblings and they all lived in Israel at a time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

So, when you get an EV, will you be able to figure out how to plug it in?

LOL

You have to plug them in????????

Damn what is this world coming too.

😉

Besides we are finalizing plans for a motor home.

Have it down to 3 models.

Those things are huge.

I bet you could circumnavigate the US before you would ever have to fill it up.  

Hoping for good gas mileage and a healthy spouse for that purchase.

Stay safe

• Like 4

21 hours ago, George C said:

Tough choice , best pizza in the world is in Naples, we really enjoyed walking around there. We also spent a couple of days in Barcelona which was fantastic. I am so looking forward to sailing the Edge this week, we had a previous one canceled along with a couple of others. 

When you lived in Brooklyn did you ever eat pizza at Sorrento’s which was on Utica Ave north of Eastern Parkway ? I never did but many people told me that their pizza was the best they ever ate.

16 hours ago, George C said:

I am positive we will never do this again, but we did a move up bid on this Saturday Edge sailing and we went from a sky suite to a penthouse suite . Celebrating my wife birthday, her promotion to a VP and our 30 anniversary. 

Congratulations George and Mrs.C. Have a wonderful time on the cruise.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Arzeena said:

A Jesey realtive who now lives in Florida, very produly displays that on her car. She has no choice but to pump her own gas in FL. 😁

I retired in 1999 but was very bored.I took a job that was walking distance from where I was living at the time.Two years later the company moved to NJ.The guys who drove from NYC to NJ were very happy to have their gas pumped.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

A new gas tax goes into effect today.  $0.12 a gallon for gas and $0.20 for diesel.  We will see $5.00 a gallon before labor day.

That should almost make you feel like you’re back home in BC.😁

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

You have to plug them in????????

Just not in it’s “gas-hole”.

That’s a classic line we always used with a rental car as you’re pulling up to the pumps. “What side is the gas-hole” on?

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just not in it’s “gas-hole”.

That’s a classic line we always used with a rental car as you’re pulling up to the pumps. “What side is the gas-hole” on?

That is the problem when renting cars from a manufacturer , and you are not familiar with how they do things. I was in a Toyota once that had a lever on the floor , lift to unlock the trunk, push to open gas cap.  A mystery lever with no instruction.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

In regards to pumping gas.

I made it to age 64  7months till I had to pump gas.

Yea, that was 3 weeks ago.

When I got my first car I lived at home and  my dad pumped my gas, and when I got married my dad would take time and when he visited me would pump the gas in my car.  

So it was something I never had to do till:

I was out and about coming home from Twinsburg in the GTO and this little light went on.

Not wanting to take chances I stopped at the gas station.

Well, the little icon on the gas pump on the dash says gas door on right.

So I go outside the car and the gas door on the car will not open.

So, I do what any blond would do.

Get in the car and leave and go to another gas station, did not want to look stupid.

So before I pull up to pump I pull out the car manual in the glove box.

OOOOHHHHH, there is a little button under the steering wheel you have to attack to open that little gas door.  I hit it, and heard a little click.

So I proceed outside, and the gas door does not open.  REALLY (preparing for my October live report with my favorite word).

Now I am frustrated (wanted to say P*****) but do not want to upset the censors.

So I now do what any women would do, I go upto the nice gentleman riding his Harley with tattoos that only a MOTHER could love and ask for help.

He kindly came over and said I had to push harder on the left of the little door to pop it.

He did, it worked I thanked MOTHER , never got to exchange names, (his backseat driver looked like they were a team, not going there).

So I program the pump, and put the nozzle in and just as I am ready to pump gas MOTHER comes back and says that is Premium you are putting in the tank.  He continues to say those LS2's like only the good stuff.

So now I do not know how to change the reading  on the pump.

So I go inside the store, when the man at the counter gets done looking at  me like I just arrived from another planet he goes, "Just turn the pump  off, and start again."

So I do the walk of shame out the store, pump my gas and head home.

That is the last time I will make an effort to pump gas, that takes too much time.

So I get home and the DH goes  "YOU ----------- PUMPED GAS!!!!!!!!!"

I responded  "Yea I did, it wasn't that painful"

Then he goes "did you get a receipt, I always save the receipts".  

He just got the look.

Here I should have invoked the house rule as to spouse duties.

I clean bathrooms, and he never has to touch cleaning them.

and

The DH takes out trash and pumps gas.

Oh and I paid around $3,79ish a gallon for the gas.

Just saying.

😲🤣

22 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

@lenquixote66

Lenny what does your contact at Port Authority say about Cape Liberty opening in September? Lot of speculation about Oasis starting out from there with the September 5 cruise.

Your "contact" not your crystal ball.☺️😁 Thanks.

He is a friend of my son in law .The only time I have a conversation with him is if he is at my daughters house.He was invited to the July 4 party .If he comes I can ask him.

DaveKathy has a crystal ball,not me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Looks like you’re near High Ousegate just down from the Viking centre?

Top end of Coney Street.

Just around the corner from the York Minster.

Restaurant was called Ivy and was very nice.

We parked next to the Tower museum.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Stuart went to the same Sheepshead Bay HS as the wife of one of my friends.She received an e-mail from a classmate and thought I would be interested in that.

Bonnie,on Sunday I am going to a July 4 party.A woman who will be there,Michele S.grew up in the Grand St.complex .I am going to ask her which letter.She has 2 siblings and they all lived in Israel at a time.

If she's married,  can you let me know her maiden name ?  My sister might know her if I don't. I lived in the F building but knew lots of kids all over Grand St.  I moved away in 1969.

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

That is the problem when renting cars from a manufacturer , and you are not familiar with how they do things. I was in a Toyota once that had a lever on the floor , lift to unlock the trunk, push to open gas cap.  A mystery lever with no instruction.

I have the same in my Sentra. Mine is on the floor also.  Both gas cap and trunk open together no matter if you push or pull on the lever.  Makes absolutely no sense at all.  

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

When you lived in Brooklyn did you ever eat pizza at Sorrento’s which was on Utica Ave north of Eastern Parkway ? I never did but many people told me that their pizza was the best they ever ate.

Not that I can recall, most pizza in New York was anywhere from good to great.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Saw this car today.  

1B2E537A-73A1-4C66-B602-88841F5D1CA7.thumb.jpeg.a74c144df295b38831483ca10545c3d2.jpeg

Wondering what kid of glue you need to get these to stay on?   Asking for a friend.  

It probably impacts your gas mileage a little. 😁

I have never seen anything like that.  I guess they dont clean snow off their car😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

And you could tour the Tesla factory there. Did that a couple years ago with my son.  Not sure if they still limit tours to Tesla owners.  It was definitely an interesting tour.  

Meanwhile, last night we cooked filet mignon, bacon ranch potatoes, corn and bread. 

Everything looks delicious, but ummm… Bacon Ranch Potatoes?! I’m drooling 🤤

• Like 1

19 hours ago, George C said:

I am positive we will never do this again, but we did a move up bid on this Saturday Edge sailing and we went from a sky suite to a penthouse suite . Celebrating my wife birthday, her promotion to a VP and our 30 anniversary. 

That is a lot to celebrate.  Enjoy the move up!

• Like 1