Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 hours ago, Mrs. H. said:

Yikes, just got the call that I need to be at the hospital at 7:30am tomorrow for a little surgery.
Surgeon had mentioned it might be around noon.  Early to bed I go tonight.

I hope everything is going well with your surgery today🤩

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Presents are filtering in for the remodel.........Here is the gas range. 🙂

Door is in another box.

The Microwave/2nd Oven is in a box in my work shop in the basement, along with copper sink, range is in the garage. Pendant lights for over the island, and new hanging light for the living room is here too.

20220512_173200.thumb.jpg.395c974d9868b29af78d9ea08f014acc.jpg

20220512_173118.thumb.jpg.eb763b28e489be850758b3a31631d65d.jpg

So fun when everything starts to arrive.  🤩

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Keksie said:

I am too excited to keep the secret but Samantha is getting a little sister in June.  First picture of Annabel:

Annabel.jpeg.bd5aca5ac189d4b57771c835dd7b7525.jpeg

So cute, I wish all cats would stay that size.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, Mrs. H. said:

We were given tickets once by the glass and it was nice, but blue seats are where all the action is. lol

Wednesday night, I was sitting 1 section over from the blue seats. Quite the boisterous crowd with some very creative chants.  Personally, I like sitting up higher in the stands as it's easier to see the whole action on the ice. The very few times I got to sit down low near the glass - while nice and sometimes you can hear the players shout at each other - but looking thru the glass reminds me of looking thru a fish bowl.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, George C said:

My sister in law passed away from cancer a couple of years ago , she was a huge Buffalo Sabers fan, while in a cancer hospital in Buffalo Dominick Hasek visited her , she was told he spends lots of time there .

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

While at Roswell, he also met Hasek, and later was invited to be part of a ceremonial puck drop before a Sabres game.  Roswell is especially good with kids who are fighting cancer.  Hasek is a legend in Buffalo (I'm still mad about the 1999 Stanley Cup "non-goal") and for him to spend his time at Roswell is an incredible boost to someone's spirits, at a time when they need a lot of boosting.

I always enjoyed watching Dominik Hasek, aka "The Dominator", play. The way he would twist and bend his body to make a save, he was like an acrobat on ice. His body must've been made out of rubber.  He carried the Sabres on his back all the way to the Stanley Cup finals.

The triple OT "no-goal" game was an infuriating way to end the series.  After watching so many goals waved off when a player had their foot in the goalie crease, I never understood why they allowed that goal to stand. After enforcing the rule all season, they decided to change it mid-game? So much for consistency.

I remember hearing stories of all the charity work Hasek & the rest of the Sabres did. Class acts all the way.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

So sad, sorry for the loss.  Hopefully he had some time to visit and tour before his passing.

He and his late wife were very close friends with Toby’s sister and her late husband.She got the call late Wednesday night and called us early yesterday morning.I am not sure how long he was in Israel before he died.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NHProud said:

How are the puppies ? I need some photos . 

judy

1899999181_LizzyCharlie.thumb.jpg.9e4ba13b1d6900c0e72911859602316a.jpg

You ask you shall receive. They got their stitches out yesterday and thank God that's all over. It was a real pain to keep Charlie from trying to chew on his stitches. They are back to chasing each other around and messing with Kylar the cat. Here is a video of Lizzy playing submissive to Kylar who acts unimpressed.

When they sleep they sometimes look funny.

Sleeping.thumb.jpg.cb9fd259442164da88c244f59e39ce1d.jpg

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Then, they have this (which they had to label that is is not actually an x-ray machine. I just used it to see how my pre-cruise diet went. 

904B8DB4-AF5B-4C52-90D7-1AD630D40D78.thumb.jpeg.6dda079826e947669ad9c5769c0d1401.jpeg

I think you will need to drink up. Seems like your just skin and bones. 😄

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

I am too excited to keep the secret but Samantha is getting a little sister in June.  First picture of Annabel:

I'm so happy for you and Samantha. What a beautiful kitty.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

1899999181_LizzyCharlie.thumb.jpg.9e4ba13b1d6900c0e72911859602316a.jpg

You ask you shall receive. They got their stitches out yesterday and thank God that's all over. It was a real pain to keep Charlie from trying to chew on his stitches. They are back to chasing each other around and messing with Kylar the cat. Here is a video of Lizzy playing submissive to Kylar who acts unimpressed.

When they sleep they sometimes look funny.

Sleeping.thumb.jpg.cb9fd259442164da88c244f59e39ce1d.jpg

Too precious.  Such angels.  So glad you got them both.

• Like 2

Just now, Keksie said:

Too precious.  Such angels.  So glad you got them both.

Not angels this morning. I hear Linda scolding Charlie downstairs as he is very interested in eating the leather ottoman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

37 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Wednesday night, I was sitting 1 section over from the blue seats. Quite the boisterous crowd with some very creative chants.  Personally, I like sitting up higher in the stands as it's easier to see the whole action on the ice. The very few times I got to sit down low near the glass - while nice and sometimes you can hear the players shout at each other - but looking thru the glass reminds me of looking thru a fish bowl.

I only went to one hockey game in my life to see the Ranges play Boston in 1960.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Not angels this morning. I hear Linda scolding Charlie downstairs as he is very interested in eating the leather ottoman.

Thank you , Greg ! Your pups look regal.  So cute ! You need another cat to make it an even scuffle.   I hope , you and Linda are well . 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

We have been fortunate to watch our granddaughter Meghan play Field Hockey in Ct. on our Living Room TV.  We do get to see the whole field, plus the close-ups of our Meghan.  Thank goodness for the Internet!😉

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Oh Greg, your pups are so special.  Funny, too!  Just not when they want to eat furniture, molding, etc.  We went through that many years ago..  Thank you for the pictures and updates on Lizzie and Charlie!

• Like 3

I'm so done with this miserable weather.  Drizzling and fog yesterday,  Drizzle and rain today, not getting out of the 50's, thunderstorms and rain tomorrow.  Mother Nature, please give us a break!!  I have too much seeding and planting to do around here!😩

On a brighter note, our Ava scored 5 goals and 2 assists during her Lacross game yesterday!  She scored 2 goals last week.  This girl is on fire!!!😁

• Like 6

I loved all the pics from aussielozzi18 and the pics of the pups and kitty.

There should be a WOW button to hit. 

I'm back home now.
Arrived at hospital at 7:10.  Surgery started at 9:29. 

I woke up in recovery at 10:29. 
LOL I saw surgeon out of his PJ's and back in his suit. 

Left around 11:30 and home before 12:00.

ALL the nurses and and doctor's were so wonderful.  

Funny when they asked me if I was nervous, I said absolutely not.  I go with the flow now a days.

I hope this is it for a while.  Too much too soon.  
Total tyroidectomy on Jan. 4th and today melanoma on upper right arm.  CANCER BE GONE!!  

I hope everyone is having an awesome day.😁

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Would you like to take a guess as to what a ticket cost in the old Garden to see the Rangers play ? I sat in the top row,probably the worst seat .

• Like 1

Morning was spent doing some shopping. (Not my idea). The only thing purchased was a pair of colorful shoes for our granddaughter.  

That isn’t to say that I didn’t find some colorful outfits for Susan. 

3B0A60B1-F5E4-4803-9CBE-DED15F3C95F9.thumb.jpeg.768898e80ffbffa7e5aad4f3e6108358.jpeg

FE6A393D-D549-4C3E-B1F4-3E73B3E186CB.thumb.jpeg.3c268132ffbe4df366f21b50a1a4306d.jpeg

Evidently she is older than I think she is.  At least according to her.  I didn’t know they had an age limit for clothes. 🤣🤣

We did see a few of these wandering around. 

E8A590AC-9B38-4FBB-B79A-1F5B98CDA5FE.thumb.jpeg.3000c340909330703b30e3c02caad2e1.jpeg

There were so many on the way from the airport yesterday, our driver had to stop and point them out.  He said they taste like chicken.  I guess I will have to take his word for that. 

Lunch today was at the Rustic Inn Crab House.  I still can’t believe you can get two of these meals for Friday lunch special, with drink included, for less than $30 total. Enough left over to take back to the hotel, plus they gave us coke refills to go. 

2F624785-245C-4052-A4CC-2811AE7FD484.thumb.jpeg.0918757ca0a5c89c37111c47c76354c7.jpeg

Time for some relaxing pool time. 

• Like 12