Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, sgmn said:

Can anyone suggest some books to download for our holiday. I use to read a lot but lately not so much. Too much Web surfing!!

Anyway I usually like murder mysteries or historic or romantic novels (or a mixture )

Any ideas please ?🙏 🙂 

Any books by Archer Mayor(all are murder mysteries)

Lily’s Payback by Andy Rose 

The Fifth Assassin by Brad Meltzer

The Great Train Robbery by Michael Crichton

Eye of the Needle-Ken Follett

Where The Crawdads Sing- Delia Owens

I tend to read a lot of books by authors that are not well known along with those who are very well known.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

A huge Congratulations to your granddaughter!  Will she be going to one of the Colleges that she was awarded a scholarship?

Graham, I've just realized neither you nor Pauline have been ordering Fish and Chips Lately.  What gives??😁

My granddaughter was accepted to every school she applied to .Some surprised her because she did not think she would be accepted.It was a difficult choice but she those the one that she and her parents believed would give her the best education .She was not awarded a scholarship to the college.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ownedbypets said:

I hope so but it was his last week of his contract and told us he wasn't renewing. He told us his wife had to go back into prostitution while he was gone. Unbelievable , but very true story. We did follow up with a letter to the CEO and got a very generic apology email.

How awful for your daughters.😡

We had an entirely different experience with our daughters.  Our twins were also 13 when we went on a cruise to Bermuda.  They, along with their cousins, went to the Teen room each day.  On one of the days while we were walking around the Port, two of the crew members began talking to our girls.  We were not happy with this situation at first;   Unbeknownst to us, our daughters, as well as one of our nephews, had been teaching the young crew members English during the cruise.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Congratulations.  We are on the way to our granddaughter’s graduation now.

Congratulations on your Granddaughter's Graduation today!!

How is your son doing???🙏

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I sure hope they have face recognition in order to arrest this person

The guy got into another fight when another fan tried to stop him leaving the scene. I'm guessing that is why he got 2 counts of everything. Probably tanked from drinking during the whole game too.

FU5Oi3_WIAEjlqD.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I spent a week in San Jose, Costa Rica for business 4 years ago.  I never made it to the coast, but the area where we were was beautiful and the people were great.  I have a friend who lived there for more than 10 years (with his wife and kids) and was very happy there.  I'd love to go back for a vacation.  Pura Vida!

One of my son-in-laws does a lot of traveling for his job,primarily to South America and the UK.He has been employed by the company nearly 20 years .Several years ago he was allowed to bring my daughter with him and for her it was a vacation .

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I spent a week in San Jose, Costa Rica for business 4 years ago.  I never made it to the coast, but the area where we were was beautiful and the people were great.  I have a friend who lived there for more than 10 years (with his wife and kids) and was very happy there.  I'd love to go back for a vacation.  Pura Vida!

Some cruise ships stop in Puntarenas- Costa Rica. So here's your chance, Full transits Panama Canal Cruises stop there most of the time. We have been there. 

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

In NJ where we had a pool, used to swim until Halloween. Pool was not heated either. Just how long does the swimming season last in RI ?

We open it Memorial Day and close it mid to late September.  It’s heated because I’m a wuss and don’t like cold water. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

In NJ where we had a pool, used to swim until Halloween. Pool was not heated either. Just how long does the swimming season last in RI ?

We usually close our pool sometime in September since we get clobbered with leaves from the many trees around here.  Even after having had several trees taken down in our yard, we're still surrounded by a massive amount of trees.  We'll definitely have it closed before we leave for our Canada cruise at the end of Sept.

35 minutes ago, sgmn said:

BTW we got our upgrade, I'll let you know the new room number 

We're are now on deck 12 right under the Solarium so hope it's not noisy but will be handy for our fav breakfast in the Aqua Cafe in the Solarium 

Congrats on your upgrade, Sue and Gary.  Have a great cruise!!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The guy got into another fight when another fan tried to stop him leaving the scene. I'm guessing that is why he got 2 counts of everything. Probably tanked from drinking during the whole game too.

FU5Oi3_WIAEjlqD.jpg

Glad they got him.  What a piece of you know what!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m curious if you found your top step to be slippery yet or at all?  

FYI, this is our plan for tomorrow, maybe with a drive in a summer car. We did a bit of pool prep work today, and oil changes on three summer cars yesterday. Weather is going to be great tomorrow so it should wrap up with some BBQ too. 

7ECD16E3-19ED-421C-90D5-420796935A18.thumb.jpeg.38fd38ee920322540838a0736d468ab4.jpeg

Yes, it’s very slippery!  The very first time in it last year Andy fell right on his keester. We’ve taken to warning/reminding everyone before they go in, the handrail helps.  
Your water looks great. Ours is still cloudy from pollen but getting better every day. Andy bought special nylon socks that go in the skimmer - each one he removes is completely caked with yellow green pollen. 

• Like 2

@dani negreanu  Safe travels tomorrow, Dani!  Enjoy your long-awaited cruise with your DH!  Hoping you get to personally meet Captain Kate🤞 she'll have the ship in tip-top shape for you both!😉

Have a great time with Sue and Gary.  Bon Voyage to the 4 of you!🛳️  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We are off tonight to the stock car races to watch Owen’s old coach race. Weather is amazing and he said he is ready to win. 

Enjoy the race, as well as your amazing weather.  It is beautiful here today, also!

1 hour ago, ownedbypets said:

I hope so but it was his last week of his contract and told us he wasn't renewing. He told us his wife had to go back into prostitution while he was gone. Unbelievable , but very true story. We did follow up with a letter to the CEO and got a very generic apology email.

Unbelievable!

But how did you confirm the truth of that story? Since you mention it.

The sexual remark he made to your 13 yr old is absolutely NOT right and you did the right thing by not staying quiet and reporting it. But what monetary compensation is even close to adequate for that kind of behavior. Termination of employment, Suspension for good from employment by any cruise line in the world, etc etc definitely, but monetary compensation, FCC, no, I do not believe those were needed. And don't get this wrong please.

Are you still patronizing the cruise line?

Sending the child concerned some big hugs, and lots of love.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

+1 on that. No other cruise we have ever taken was as nice as the full transit.

Overall experience,  Baltics is still my favorite.

Looking forward to going back for an extended version in August.

Really nice to spend time pre and post cruise in Copenhagen 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Casa de Rory

IMG_2645.jpg.e9a5ae7aad0a93fc362df174c7a5f1e9.jpg

IMG_2641.jpg.a29ad39b73e6e5b7ee284ae8fa1eac8b.jpg

IMG_2637.jpg.4cc42a16e3f5b80b5f90d3011af1434e.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg.b27cbe14941b7119718e5e9bfa687d9d.jpg

IMG_2649.thumb.jpg.a7406765103eb9104e46c937d43619a5.jpg

Kinda looks familiar😉

20220610_160850.thumb.jpg.737ddfdb296a01dfd36a3f3c4b6b868d.jpg

Hello Penny

received_1039532286956806.thumb.jpeg.44add41051a8c9403d7675d361fc645b.jpeg

received_1124800514917033.thumb.jpeg.38ad36f6bb30446a031f8b8a6fd4f45c.jpeg

Fire pit thingy

received_3215083992144462.thumb.jpeg.271bd5680b3ba0fc53073e1210f01f91.jpeg

OH WOW~!

What a beautiful place. A Mansion not a casa😁

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Did anyone see what happened after Tampa Bay Beat the Rangers last night while the fans were leaving?

How disgusting is this.

Downright Nasty!     I hope they caught him and threw his A** in jail.      I hope the victim didn't hit his end on the tile floor.     Any word on how he is doing?

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Congratulations.  We are on the way to our granddaughter’s graduation now.

Beautiful weather for outdoor graduation ceremonies / parties, etc.      

Congratulations to your GD💐🦋

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Downright Nasty!     I hope they caught him and threw his A** in jail.      I hope the victim didn't hit his end on the tile floor.     Any word on how he is doing?

They got him.  Two counts of aggravated assault, and forever banished from the Garden.  Both victims (the first sucker-punched guy) and the good Samaritan are both okay.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@dani negreanu  Safe travels tomorrow, Dani!  Enjoy your long-awaited cruise with your DH!  Hoping you get to personally meet Captain Kate🤞 she'll have the ship in tip-top shape for you both!😉

Have a great time with Sue and Gary.  Bon Voyage to the 4 of you!🛳️  

+1

• Like 1