Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 hours ago, taznremmy said:

YIKES!!!😱  Twenty-two pages to catch up on!!!  

Apparently I need to pour myself a glass of wine and get started. 🍷

It’s like Sisyphus rolling the boulder up the hill. 
As you read a page, two more take its place! And I don’t want to miss anything. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Kenzie saw Caden climb a tree ....

image.thumb.png.d9155bfc8145b1d5765dc1735e48bc4f.png

So she wanted up.....

image.thumb.png.64e1adfabf552732f3e2903503375d16.png

So....

image.thumb.png.5d63b47d4f94bb2733945b80c987a4e0.png

She made it.....

image.thumb.png.d4c6ce03d0a3fd86dae8554131af06e8.png

......I clipped out the hands that were ready to catch her.

Kenzie is such a happy child. 
She must put a smile on the face of everyone who sees her!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Good luck with your interview tomorrow.

Is Nate going to open up fence biz in FL? 

Most 21 yr olds don't know what they want these days.   Our oldest son still flip flops which upsets his Father.  I've learned to just go with the flow and not get upset with his indecisiveness.  

My only grandson went from wanting Army career to FBI to online game designer. Our son just wants him to finish college and then he’s on his own. 
Is it a guy thing? 
Out of five granddaughters, two are RNs, one is a teacher, one is a CPA, and one just graduated from law school. 
Every one started college with their majors decided and none changed her mind. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

We were diagnosed with a broken coil. 
After 5 estimates, we’re getting a new AC.
$6,000 is worth it this time of year in Florida. I need cold to sleep, so I’m half dead and look it. 

That's a great price. Our compressor went out on a Friday afternoon last August. When they told me that a salesperson would be out on Monday I jokingly asked if I could pay them to come out sooner. Of course they could for an extra fee of $100. I jumped on it. The salesperson was here within an hour and the new unit installed the next day. Neither my dogs nor I do well in the heat so they have cooling pads, I froze wet towels to put on them and brought out all of the fans. The last stop was Lowes for a portable AC. We are a little spoiled especially when it comes to sleeping. 66 degrees every night. Enjoy your new AC!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, aussie, there is a slight improvement, but I still tested positive very strongly a few moments ago...

Nooo, we couldn't get to the fountain, the people were packed tightly like sardines, and we didn't want to chance it...

We did toss coins in 1976, and we've been back several times since then, so..... it still works😉

Great pictures. Wow I've never seen that many people at the Trevi. When we were there for our honeymoon we walked right up and threw our coins in. So happy you had a great trip.

5 minutes ago, George C said:

Celebrating at our favorite restaurant listening to our favorite singer

image.jpeg.17903805d8ee0b51a7ff2a059e42b87b.jpeg

I hope your celebration was a great one!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fontana da Trevi

image.thumb.jpeg.dbe4e020f7cbf5655a7a3737930dab84.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b91316af1587d431bb204981f3ba6268.jpeg

Pic taken from a mirror provided to see the ceiling in one of the many churches near the Pantheon

image.thumb.jpeg.db28d7cb9b88082503b8a06c3dd218fb.jpeg

Between your and aussielozzie’s photos, I feel like I’ve had two great vacations already this summer!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Some more pics from our brief stay in Rome.

Credit due --

ALL the pics were taken by DH, either with his Samsung or his Nikon 😉

Those are great pics.  I hope we get the opportunity to visit some day.  I never thought about it being so crowded but I can see many desire to see Rome.  

Great pic of the Grandson too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, aussie, there is a slight improvement, but I still tested positive very strongly a few moments ago...

Nooo, we couldn't get to the fountain, the people were packed tightly like sardines, and we didn't want to chance it...

We did toss coins in 1976, and we've been back several times since then, so..... it still works😉

It didn’t work for me! 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

That's a great price. Our compressor went out on a Friday afternoon last August. When they told me that a salesperson would be out on Monday I jokingly asked if I could pay them to come out sooner. Of course they could for an extra fee of $100. I jumped on it. The salesperson was here within an hour and the new unit installed the next day. Neither my dogs nor I do well in the heat so they have cooling pads, I froze wet towels to put on them and brought out all of the fans. The last stop was Lowes for a portable AC. We are a little spoiled especially when it comes to sleeping. 66 degrees every night. Enjoy your new AC!

Funny. 66 is our nighttime setting, too!

Dick complained for a few weeks when I pushed it down that far, but he soon realized how much better he sleeps in a chilly room. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Those are great pics.  I hope we get the opportunity to visit some day.  I never thought about it being so crowded but I can see many desire to see Rome.  

Great pic of the Grandson too.

My daughter’s photos in Athens this week are like that. Every one is full of people

I tried to tell her October would be better!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

We are a little spoiled especially when it comes to sleeping. 66 degrees every night

3 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Dick complained for a few weeks when I pushed it down that far, but he soon realized how much better he sleeps in a chilly room. 

Wow, and I thought it was cold when Sharon sets it on 68 or 69⁰.  I heat up my side off the bed with an electric blanket before hitting the sack.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My daughter’s photos in Athens this week are like that. Every one is full of people

I tried to tell her October would be better!

I never would of thought that there would be less crowded times but it makes sense. 

My youngest daughter and her husband are celebrating their 12th.Anniversary today.

My oldest daughter and her husband will be celebrating their 25th.Anniversary tomorrow followed by leaving for a cruise on Saturday .They are going with good friends of theirs.

Our family will be celebrating both anniversaries and the two recent graduations on July 24 which is my birthday ,an all in one party celebration.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My youngest daughter and her husband are celebrating their 12th.Anniversary today.

My oldest daughter and her husband will be celebrating their 25th.Anniversary tomorrow followed by leaving for a cruise on Saturday .They are going with good friends of theirs.

Our family will be celebrating both anniversaries and the two recent graduations on July 24 which is my birthday ,an all in one party celebration.

Lenny I hope you have a wonderful celebration with your family. Cheers to you all.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My dad has always said, and I concur, that it needs to be cold enough to be comfortable sleeping underneath the blankets, even in summer 😀

• Like 9

@dani negreanu Dani, your husband is a master photographer among his other skills.

Even though you still test positive, I hope your symptoms are mild and will soon be history.

AC chat:  Approx. 25 years ago, we had a blackout in NY,   When power came back on, my AC didn't.  Because it didn't break down on its own, we got a new unit installed that was covered by our homeowner's insurance.  AC installer said it was an old unit that would not have lasted much longer.  He said were super lucky!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Happy 12th wedding anniversary to your youngest daughter and happy 25th wedding anniversary for your oldest daughter Lenny.

61c0783bc2559bbe47d433b1bf2dd0d9.gif.766b13aac91c4b0dd4b29c79688f3b1b.gif

16BAE748-7629-449F-AB37-968AF0377626.gif.473208a51bb791858c0f250666388322.gif

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jagsfan said:

We were diagnosed with a broken coil. 
After 5 estimates, we’re getting a new AC.
$6,000 is worth it this time of year in Florida. I need cold to sleep, so I’m half dead and look it. 

So sorry. I understand the need!

We were pretty lucky with this one. We have a weird AC set up. We live close to the MSP airport. Many years ago the MAC did noise testing and anyone who lived within certain "footprint" parameter qualified for home improvements - FREE. Depending on where you placed in this footprint you qualified for different amenities. Those closest to the airport got new roofs, home insulation, new windows & doors and AC. They had no control as to what it looked like but there was no charge.

We qualified for free AC and $5000 in home improvements any way we wanted, like windows or doors. 

Our house was built in 1900 and they could not install one central air unit. So we ended up with 1 unit on 1st floor. The 2 bedrooms upstairs each have their own ductless system. 

It's really a great set up. We don't have to cool the entire house all the time. If it's too hot to sleep we just turn on the air in that room 1/2 hour before we go up.

• Like 4