Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sea Dog Have you checked out the new Insta360 ONE RS 1-Inch 360 Edition.  It has duel 1 inch sensors, shots 6k video and was co-engineered with Leica.  Some were wanting 8k video but say the 1 inch sensors make a big difference.  
I know we talked about 360 cameras before but I can’t remember if you got one yet.

On my last cruise a guy had one, and filmed me surfing.  I have the video, but I haven’t gone thru the freaky software yet to distill it into something watchable yet.  No time too much life going on.  It seems really cool, he had a 10-12 foot selfie stick, and it created drone type video.  While I was on the cruise waiting for my next ride on the FlowRider, I researched them and at the time I was hot for buying them.  That said, seemed like a steep learning curve to edit and lots and lots of digital stuff, aka really large digital files.  I already record stuff in 4K and it is a PITA dealing with the editing of that kind of stuff.  Not to mention high volume storage.  My 3 year old Mac Book Pro, while a good computer is probably not up to the task in a reasonable time.

I need someone to convince me my negativity is misplaced.  

JC

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

And my innocent mind was thinking the Twin Peaks restaurant was named after the TV show with similar theme.  Now I get it!! 😲

lol

I did the same and I tend to have a dirty mind😁

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Haha 7

On 6/28/2022 at 7:36 PM, Keksie said:

Samantha is tolerating her little sister today.  Annabel had 3 shots today so she is being quieter then usual.

853084329_Annabel7.thumb.jpeg.3199f12c1b5bb2867bd3430fd666b7cf.jpeg

Where did you get the cat house with the side scratcher? Btw, Mike thinks Annabell is cute and he loves Samantha’s tail. I show him everyone’s cat pictures on here. 🐈 🐈‍⬛

On 6/29/2022 at 11:16 AM, George C said:

…We are going out tonight to celebrate our 31st anniversary 😁.

Happy Anniversary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

…We are a little spoiled especially when it comes to sleeping. 66 degrees every night. Enjoy your new AC!

12 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Funny. 66 is our nighttime setting, too!

Dick complained for a few weeks when I pushed it down that far, but he soon realized how much better he sleeps in a chilly room. 

We usually have it on 68 - 69. I just turned it to 66. Hope Mike doesn’t freeze.

7 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

It’s been a long couple of days here since Andy’s surgery Tuesday morning.  The procedure went fine, pins and a plate were put in that will have to be surgically removed in several weeks.  Once the block wore off, he was in terrible pain even with prescriptions for Oxycodone and Toradol, supplemented with Tylenol.  I set my alarm to get up a couple of times a night to give them to him so that he stays on schedule.  Finally this morning he’s noticed a big improvement.  But he’s also supposed to bend and straighten the fingers on that hand at least every hour or so which results in pain, so it’s really a Catch-22.  I am happy to say he feels well enough to attempt our regular Thursday night trivia with friends at a local restaurant. 
I have a lot of catching up to do here and on Bella’s thread! 

Glad to hear Andy is feeling better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

It’s been a long couple of days here since Andy’s surgery Tuesday morning.  The procedure went fine, pins and a plate were put in that will have to be surgically removed in several weeks.  Once the block wore off, he was in terrible pain even with prescriptions for Oxycodone and Toradol, supplemented with Tylenol.  I set my alarm to get up a couple of times a night to give them to him so that he stays on schedule.  Finally this morning he’s noticed a big improvement.  But he’s also supposed to bend and straighten the fingers on that hand at least every hour or so which results in pain, so it’s really a Catch-22.  I am happy to say he feels well enough to attempt our regular Thursday night trivia with friends at a local restaurant. 

Pleased to hear Andy is feeling a lot better after his surgery Deb.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Glad to hear he's doing better. It's tough to have unrelenting pain. Hope he keeps getting better faster and faster!

• Thanks 1

Good morning from North East England.

It is currently 55°F and cloudy but heavy rain, thunder and lightning is forecast in the next hour 😟.

I hope everyone is safe and well and have a fantastic day.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I never would of thought that there would be less crowded times but it makes sense. 

Think Europe has now broken up from school. Our state schools usually break up third week in July 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HBE4 said:

And my innocent mind was thinking the Twin Peaks restaurant was named after the TV show with similar theme.  Now I get it!! 😲

lol

Same here 😏

• Like 1

Continuing the air con conversation,  very few private homes have air con here and often even hotels and public buildings don't. 

Which is fine for most of the year but we do have periods when the temp goes over 30c 

I find that I often get a sore throat from air con on cruise ships or countries when air con is the norm but I do like sleeping in a cool room

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HBE4 said:

lol

The decor is mountain lodge themed, sorta like the Twin Peaks TV show I guess.  The waitress outfits, while also fitting the mountain theme, are a lot like Hooters (if you know what I mean).  Double entendre...similar to Hooters with the owl.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Where did you get the cat house with the side scratcher? Btw, Mike thinks Annabell is cute and he loves Samantha’s tail. I show him everyone’s cat pictures on here. 🐈 🐈‍⬛

Happy Anniversary.

I got it on Chewy.  Looking for it now I can't find it and it doesn't show up on my previously purchased.  Sigh!  I know I looked for ones that are for big cats.  I am hoping that Annabel's tail will be just as big as Samantha's tail is.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Happy Anniversary.

Pretty kitties!

16 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Hopefully every day gets better for Andy.

Pain is frustrating, and I am sure, it was bad with broken bones.

How are you holding up?

Often it is just as hard on the care giver, being frustrated on how to help more.

Also, I know you know he needs to keep moving those fingers.

Games  with friends, could help as he moves on with trivia, maybe try some card games where he has to use those fingers.

Good luck keep us posted.

Take care

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We are in Toronto for Canada Day today. We are going to the Jays game today and tomorrow.  We head home after the game tomorrow afternoon. Pics to come tonight. 

Happy Canada Day celebrations to all Canadians 🇨🇦

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I hope Andy is feeling better today with less pain.   Did he make it through trivia night?

• Like 1

So tonight we were going to go to the big city. Warren Ohio to a tribute band concert. This would be our practice run until we see Jimmy Buffet in Cincinnati in 20 days, but whose counting. 

E0611AC5-036B-4280-A761-1EDB4140E5F9.thumb.jpeg.114f32bf157d315b8c229121999d70a7.jpeg

I was actually going to rough it. 

Why?

Lawn chairs on grass/concrete 

Bugs

Port a potties

Hot sun, humid, 

Rain and thunderstorms predicted. 
Extraordinary LOUD music even with ear plugs

But dodging a bullet on this one.
Weather not going to cooperate 

FBD69450-AC10-4FCD-A857-3FC8289931B7.jpeg.9a53b61fccf5a4cc9175d7525484bfa8.jpeg

Hmmmm

Maybe  a movie  instead. 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Happy Anniversary.

I found it!  If you go to chewy and type in 128083 in the search bar it will come up.  It is very sturdy!

• Like 2