Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Feel better Jimbo!

The units are really nice. Do you rent from the owner direct or via other sites?

Right from the Owner, His lowest prices are if you book within 60 days and if there is still space available.

We originally had a 1 Bedroom, then at the 60 day mark he said some 2 bedrooms were available for only $50 bucks more so we took that. ( check in 20th , check out was the 26th, so technically we had 2 rooms last night.)

Then when I ran into this sickness problem I emailed him and asked what it would cost to extend our stay 1 more day in our original room. He said no 2 bedrooms were available but he could get us a 3 bedroom for $225 total , so we took up that offer rather then try to find another hotel in the area.

Catch is though it has to be a 2 day stay(25th check in, check out  27th to get the 3 bedroom , but didn't matter to us since it still only cost  $225. I knew we weren't going to find a place as large as this 3 bedroom for that price anywhere else in Disney at such short notice.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Ding, ding, ding.  Winner.

I figured that the two of you would know the answer. 😉

Count me in too...

I think I've read every book written about the Kennedy presidency and assassination 😢

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Jimbo nice space to recover in.

Now, where is John ( @Ozark_Kid) when we need to reverse Jim's pictures??? Ahh, forgot, he's on a cruise 😉

• Like 3

Today is Remembrance Day for my dad.  He passed away 8 years ago today. 

So for those who like old pictures, here is one of him that was taken in 1945. 

278C8AEF-1703-4877-8DF1-48B2BA5E1C87.thumb.jpeg.ac9f28f459b8e537d0002da1d9cec100.jpeg

Bonus points for those who know the year, make and model of his car.  I noted that he had a few extra add ons for this car. 

• Like 22

26 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

278C8AEF-1703-4877-8DF1-48B2BA5E1C87.thumb.jpeg.ac9f28f459b8e537d0002da1d9cec100.jpeg

Bonus points for those who know the year, make and model of his car.  I noted that he had a few extra add ons for this car. 

Special thoughts for you today.

Handsome dad..love his car!

• Like 3

I am not caught up here.  Hope all are well. 

I had to share.  We had a big snow back home, at least for our area.  Finnley was home with her dad whose work was closed.  Kenzie is so happy today.  She is getting another day of taking care of Finnley! 

image.thumb.png.c3d83c1d9725a8653f3238596a200cab.png

• Like 21
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I’m sorry to read about his passing. It is an amazing photo.  

48 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I’m going with a 40s Ford Deluxe or possibly a Chevy. As for extra items I see the spot light, the door mirror is different than the original, and the fender skirts. I’m wondering if underneath the American Flag on the fender skirt is also an add on by your dad. Can’t tell if it is some type of pinstripe feature or a badge of some variety.

A man and his car, always a great combo.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I had to share.  We had a big snow back home, at least for our area.  Finnley was home with her dad whose work was closed.  Kenzie is so happy today.  She is getting another day of taking care of Finnley! 

Precious!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m going with a 40s Ford Deluxe or possibly a Chevy. As for extra items I see the spot light, the door mirror is different than the original, and the fender skirts. I’m wondering if underneath the American Flag on the fender skirt is also an add on by your dad. Can’t tell if it is some type of pinstripe feature or a badge of some variety.

i think the emblem is Pontiac

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

That is really close.  I recall him talking about a 39 ford.  It appears it is a 39 ford V8 coupe.  Looking at the front of it, he also added some gingerbread to the bumper and some additional lights. It looks like his grandmother was photobombing this picture. 

1E5ABA8C-62E1-455A-B7CF-451075A6C542.thumb.jpeg.71e823831d837ea607b1e7bdbb6171de.jpeg

29 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

i think the emblem is Pontiac

That was what I initially thought when I saw the emblem on the fender skirt.  It would have made sense, because his dad was a Pontiac guy. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

1937 Nash Rambler

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Pure perfectly precious.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

More pictures from a beach.

Summer in the winter....

DH was pleasantly surprised to receive a new phone for his birthday. He was wavering the last 2 years, being mostly interested in a good [cell] camera. He found that the best camera for his purposes was Google Pixel 6 Pro, but it was not imported to Israel.

Finally, the "boys" found a way to buy the newest one abroad (the 7 Pro), and this morning DH went to the beach to try it --

Heading to a surfing lesson....

image.thumb.jpeg.bb1f64ef2024716456729cea6c3ab671.jpeg

and 2 birds enjoying the sunshine --

image.thumb.jpeg.a9db4b5886559c4f6b9791ebae75c25b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a8a39b95c63ff60c25463471a5c9707d.jpeg

Wishing all on cruises, heading to cruises, checking in for cruises.... a wonderful day 🌷

Nice quality photos Dani.

Sarah had her Spinal injections this afternoon.

She said they were extremely painful but glad they are done now.

She has been told to rest for the next 2 days.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Packing is almost complete, but naturally I’m grossly overpacked 🤪.  We pick our friends up at 9 am tomorrow with a 1 pm non-stop flight from Boston to Miami.  Dry January end tomorrow as I will definitely need a pre-flight cocktail.  

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 14

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

@Jimbo I hope you are feeling better today and that Mrs Jimbo doesn’t get whatever you have. 

So far so good for her. .  This large room with the extra bedrooms makes it nice.  Figuring now this may have been food poisoning rather then just the a flu bug. Since she has been okay.

We did however go to Home Goods and Publix to today to get My Wife's Aunt and Uncle  a house warming gift for their house in Bradenton, FL.

We check out of here tomorrow morning  and make the 2 hours drive to their house.

We have to get down there eventually because we fly from St.Pete/ Clearwater(PIE) Airport on the 29th to Roanoke,VA Airport.

Had a frozen Boston Market Chicken Pot Pie for lunch and my Wife is going to make Spaghetti for dinner. We are not going anywhere tonight, , it's crazy cold here . The low is supposed to be 45 degrees. 

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 5

46 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Packing is almost complete, but naturally I’m grossly overpacked 🤪.  We pick our friends up at 9 am tomorrow with a 1 pm non-stop flight from Boston to Miami.  Dry January end tomorrow as I will definitely need a pre-flight cocktail.  

Safe travels! 

• Like 2