Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks. We will be flying in with Finnley and parents.  The other two families of five each are driving and will join us tomorrow.  So thankful to be able to fly. 

Speaking of flying, I just noticed the armrest at the Memphis Airport will charge your phone. 

Is Kenzie driving?

• Haha 9

37 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Is Kenzie driving?

😂 Not yet. As we were boarding in Memphis we got a text they were driving through Memphis. They are going to see how far they can drive before they stop.  The other kids are going to try to make it to Tallahassee. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks. We will be flying in with Finnley and parents.  The other two families of five each are driving and will join us tomorrow.  So thankful to be able to fly. 

Speaking of flying, I just noticed the armrest at the Memphis Airport will charge your phone. 

Have a great time with your daughters, SIL's, and grandchildren!!!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:
18 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

More importantly, Gino’s or Pat’s ?

I've been told that this is like asking someone from Buffalo if it's Duff's or Anchor Bar for wings.  Most today would say neither.  These are the famous places that the tourists go.  

I have heard the same  thing as well. 

However, it is good to know that if I really need a cheese steak at 4:00 am on a Tuesday morning, I know where to go as both are open 24/7.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm with you.  I rarely watch a whole game.  I'm one that will flip back and forth to see what happens, watch the commercials and half time show Unless it's a team that we really hope wins, such as the Eagles.  

In 2001 we went to Baltimore harbor when the Ravens won.   We had a blast hanging out all night at a local crabhouse restaurant bar.   The whole city went crazy and the taxi to our hotel took over an hour to get back, but we didn't care it was fun!    We were suppose to check out the next morning but got a phone call from front desk that everyone could stay for Free for another night as most workers didn't show up to work and most everyone was hung over. Including us😁

My SIL Eric grew up in a suburb of Baltimore.We were invited to his mother’s retirement party at an Inner Harbor restaurant on a Saturday for lunch.Since we had not been in Baltimore for 35 years and it was a 7 hour drive we decided to make it a long weekend and enjoy the inner harbor restaurants.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

😂 Not yet. As we were boarding in Memphis we got a text they were driving through Memphis. They are going to see how far they can drive before they stop.  The other kids are going to try to make it to Tallahassee. 

Safe travels to All😍   I hope Finnley is a good baby on her first flight!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The owner of our company announced on Friday that all the service and install technicians could start at 10 am instead of 7:30 am..

He figured it was better to have a late start then have a bunch of no shows for the whole day.  

Most of the office workers don't know about this announcement.  I expect there will be a bunch of the office staff crying no fair come Monday morning.   

Even though I do not watch the Super Bowl I do tend to root for a team.This year it is a bit of a problem because I have relatives in Kansas City and know people from the Philly area.

Our friends who have the house on LBI both grew up in Philly suburbs.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My SIL Eric grew up in a suburb of Baltimore.We were invited to his mother’s retirement party at an Inner Harbor restaurant on a Saturday for lunch.Since we had not been in Baltimore for 35 years and it was a 7 hour drive we decided to make it a long weekend and enjoy the inner harbor restaurants.

We have not been to Baltimore since fall of 2019.    We used to go at least twice a year.    There are lots of favorite places we love to see and do while in the area.     Eric has a good friend from school days that became a ATF Agent and he was based out of Baltimore for several years.    He has since retired from the ATF agency and is a free lance consultant for them.    We hope to get down there sometime this year to visit with him and his wife.    We usually go to one of our favorite crabhouses and hang out for hours with crabs and pitchers of beer.    Always fun!    

We have been there for several New Years Eve parties too.    They always do a fabulous firework display on the water.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Is it safe to say that each time has been less lesser in severity?  Just curious.

Not quite but close, the original recipe version was the longest lasting but the only symptoms was the cough and the loss of taste and smell. v.2, v.3 and v.4 have had more sinus issues but symptoms have been very shorted lived. I honestly am not sure which of the last three were the least severe.  They have been indistinguishable in my memory.  Today is day 3 of symptoms and I woke up feeling 90%. After my morning intake of medicine I feel 100% and plan on working outside alone all day. The most noticeable difference this time is that in all previous versions there was a fatigue until symptoms cleared up.  There has been no fatigue this time.  

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have not been to Baltimore since fall of 2019.    We used to go at least twice a year.    There are lots of favorite places we love to see and do while in the area.     Eric has a good friend from school days that became a ATF Agent and he was based out of Baltimore for several years.    He has since retired from the ATF agency and is a free lance consultant for them.    We hope to get down there sometime this year to visit with him and his wife.    We usually go to one of our favorite crabhouses and hang out for hours with crabs and pitchers of beer.    Always fun!    

We have been there for several New Years Eve parties too.    They always do a fabulous firework display on the water.

We took an organized tour of the Inner Harbor .The day of the party included a baseball game at Camden Yards.

The next day we toured a good portion of Baltimore and the following day we drove to the Naval Academy .That was in 2014.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

Would you be so kind as to share your treatment process.  My DH just tested positive today for the first time and I had to cancel a trip to NC as I would feel horrible if I ended up getting anyone ill (feel fine as of now).  Thanks!

14 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I would like to know, too. Hope you feel better soon, @Tree_skier.

If you are interested shoot me an email.  Covid and it's treatment are controversial and I don't want to sully Dani's lovely conversational thread with any contentious Covid discussion.  

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

Covid and it's treatment are controversial and I don't want to sully Dani's lovely conversational thread with any contentious Covid discussion.

Dave, I find your insights very educational, and I'm sure the others will concur.

We've almost all on this thread had Covid, at least once, and would like to know how it manifests on "repeat customers", like you and Andrew.

Please continue to "sully" by all means, thank you 👍

• Like 14

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

However, it is good to know that if I really need a cheese steak at 4:00 am on a Tuesday morning, I know where to go as both are open 24/7.

I was going to say that you never know when you'll need a cheese steak at 4:00 am, but who am I kidding...those days are well behind me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

52 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Dave, I find your insights very educational, and I'm sure the others will concur.

We've almost all on this thread had Covid, at least once, and would like to know how it manifests on "repeat customers", like you and Andrew.

Please continue to "sully" by all means, thank you 👍

Ok...

Dave's Covid treatment regimen.

500 mg Azithromycin (one a day for three days)

1000mg Quercetin

5000iu D3

50 mg Zinc

1000 mg Elderberry

2 Airborne 1000 mg imune support
4 DayQuil liquicaps (2 in the morning, 2 at dinner)

2 NyQuil liquicaps at bedtime

Covid is gone after day 3...

This recommendation is not intended to replace real medical information for your physician.  Always consult with real medical professionals before embarking on any course of treatment. This recommendation is in no way guaranteed to work for you as your circumstances may differ from the trial participant. No warranty is expressed or implied. Your result may be different. God bless the King.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I have eaten a pastrami sandwich a little after 1in the morning on a few occasions while visiting New York City, miss stage and caragie deli , but others are still open , hoping will repeat in May.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Ok...

1000mg Quercetin

5000iu D3

50 mg Zinc

1000 mg Elderberry

This recommendation is not intended to replace real medical information for your physician.  Always consult with real medical professionals before embarking on any course of treatment. This recommendation is in no way guaranteed to work for you as your circumstances may differ from the trial participant. No warranty is expressed or implied. Your result may be different. God bless the King.

Thanks for sharing your list.  Definitely not something I could do.  The decongestants alone would have my heart racing, even though I don't have high blood pressure.  It is interesting though because the ship's medical center always pushes Dayquil if you have any cough, whether you are seeing them for covid, the flu, bronchitis or an unknown respiratory virus (all of which I have been treated for on a cruise before 😄).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Ok...

1000mg Quercetin

5000iu D3

50 mg Zinc

1000 mg Elderberry

Thanks!! I take some of those things daily already. I keep most of the rest on hand just in case, too (except Z-pack).

• Like 4

@bobmacliberty My new drives came in for the Synology NAS.  While replacing the degraded hard drive I discovered I set it up as a SHR instead of RAID 1. SHR is a hybrid RAID. I read to much on replacing.  It was so simple once I started.  It let me hot swipe the bad one.  Easy process but long.  Took at the least 8 hours to sync. Surprisingly it is letting me load pics and videos much quicker.