Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

55 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I came home with it from my Odyssey cruise. It has knocked me on my a$$. I made it through 3 yrs of pandemic, working with sick people, and 2 cruises since re-opening. The third cruise did me in. 😏

Feel better, OB!

@Tree_skier How are you feeling, Dave? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

For those of you that are dog lovers, not sure or not if this morning you got a chance to see this piece on the CBS Morning News.

Dog Mountain

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/a-dog-lovers-pilgrimage-to-dog-mountain/

Great story but made me tear up.

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@bobmacliberty I think that you are right. After I sent my post, I was thinking the game would go later. All those commercials have to be given air time and then the half time show extravaganza, makes for extra time than a regular game.

We don’t have a particular team in the game. Watching it for ,hopefully,some good football. If Mahomes could play like he did two weeks ago with ankle/tendon injury, he may be on fire tonight.

Thinking the Eagles may be the underdog in the game..Being Mets’ fans for years, we are prone to wanting the underdogs to get a chance.

For those true Eagles fans and Chiefs fans, wishing you a good game tonight !

MJ🙋🏻

This game makes me extremely nervous. I am just grateful that the Chief’s made it this far after all the pundits counted them out at the beginning of the year. Mahomes winning the MVP really makes me happy. I hope it’s a good game. I think it will be close. If the Chiefs win it will because the Chiefs offensive line protected Patrick good and I think someone that you don’t normally expect on the Chiefs team to have a incredible play. 

• Like 5

@BonTexasNYI'm sorry your cruise wasn't all that you and Jack were hoping for.  While the old menu was in place when we sailed on Adventure this past Sept/Oct, we were very disappointed in the food in the MDR;   every meal was over-cooked.  Chicken, fish, etc.  Personnel were mostly outstanding, however.  Our room Steward was so great and took good care of us, especially once Jim had gotten ill.  The hostess in MDR was wonderful, and made sure we got the same table each evening at a window table.  The Doctor and Nurse in Medical were very compassionate and took excellent care of Jim until we left the ship for the Hospital.  I have to say that the food on our Liberty cruise two weeks ago was very good, nothing overcooked, thank goodness!

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

This sounds wonderful Dani, I hope you and your DH have a great trip. When will you visit Marrakech?

Right when you disembark from Bella's 😉 I'll have the whole week living vicariously through all of you, lucky, lucky bunch 😘

13 hours ago, George C said:

How many languages do you speak ? I have trouble enough with one.

As of today  😉 - 4. 

9 hours ago, sgmn said:

They are on 'audible' too if you like listening to a book whilst out for a walk or exercising.

Glad you liked them 😊 

It was "traumatic" enough for me to revert to Kindle, instead of actually turning the pages... Besides, listening to English will be very hard for me to understand.

9 hours ago, sgmn said:

How wonderful, love Venice.

Take warm clothes.  ... Very cold though. The liquid hot choc drink they sell is wonderful 

Very cold and I hate it. The main reason we don't travel to Europe in the winter. But hubby wanted to "combine" the cooking and the Carnival, and I was naive enough to agree, thinking that if there is a carnival, it will not be too cold...☹️

Big, HUGE mistake on my part. We found some warm clothes from the time we lived in Brussels, I borrowed gloves from my neighbor, but drew the line when girlfriends offered "thermal undies"...😁

9 hours ago, sgmn said:

Dani if you want a book recommendation to go with your Venice trip. Philip Gwynne Jones lives there and gets right under the skin of Venice. I enjoyed them

Thanks. I've checked this one, not available on Kindle until July, and I like to start series at the very beginning.

I also have a very favorite author writing about Venice -- Donna Leon. Since I've started to read her many years ago, I'm looking at Venice like an old acquaintance 😎

54 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

That's too bad, feel better soon!

49 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Sorry to hear, hope you make a rapid recovery 

19 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

OB get well soon.

13 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Glad you’re on the mend.  

9 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Feel better, OB!

+ 6 @Ocean Boy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I came home with it from my Odyssey cruise. It has knocked me on my a$$. I made it through 3 yrs of pandemic, working with sick people, and 2 cruises since re-opening. The third cruise did me in. 😏

Thanks. Today is the first day that I'm actually feeling pretty well and the symptoms didn't really bloom until last Wednesday. So it was only 4 days of constant cough, sore throat, and fatigue. I truly can't remember the last time I was sick. My immune system takes good care of me and is taking care of business now. 

Oh no, it was our 2nd cruise that we got it.  Glad to hear you are reeling better but sorry you had to go through it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

All three were on last night's Saturday Night Live.

Learned on there last Night Steve Martin has been the host of that show 17 times, had no idea he had done it that many times

I would have thought that the number of times Steve Martin hosted SNL would have been higher. He did it so many times that some people seem to think that he was part of the original cast back in the Bill Murray / John Belushi / Chevy Chase days, which is not case.

Speaking of Chevy Chase, he left after the 1st season which is surprising since it seemed like he was on the show much longer.

EDIT: Just fact checked myself, Chevy Chase was on for 2 seasons and then came back as a host 8 times and a "special guest star" 14 times.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Will you still be on Mar 12th?  I board then for two weeks.

Also, currently on the Navigator and at your recommendation, I went to the Bamboo Room last night for a Buffalo Trace Old Fashion.  You are absolutely right, Rajupt makes a great drink! 

Sadly I won't be on on the 12th. We were scheduled for the 12th to be aboard with Belle's group but had to change to the 5th because of a conflict.  I was gutted, after all of the conversations through Covid I was so looking forward to meeting so many.

Raj is a good one. 🙂 Glad he's taking care of you.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

So sorry to hear that Doc...  I hope you are better soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, molly361 said:

May be a cartoon of cat and text that says 'CARDS FOR HUMANS Not Thinking of You You May Pet Me Now Sorry About Barfing YOU ARE ACCEPTABLE ACCEP METZGER'

Leonard doesn't have to send me a card to let me know when he want's to be petted. He will jump on on my chair and start nudging me or head-butting me until I agree to pet him.  When he's had enough, he'll gently push my hand away with his paw.  If I continue to pet him, he'll push it away 2 or 3 more times.  Eventually, the gentle push become more of a swat and if I continue, the claws will come out and it becomes a game where he is the predator and my hand is the prey. All good fun.......until he draws blood.  I've learned my lesson the hard way. LOL

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

I have so many good memories of cruise on Adventure but I think I'm glad that I was on Odyssey. There were no food, Windjammer, or crowding issues at all. And both embarkation and debarkation were a breeze. 

I booked the ultimate dining package on Oasis of the seas last week and the food in 

150 Central Park.

Giovanni's

Chops Grill

was amazing.

IMG_20230204_154635.jpg

IMG_20230204_120025.jpg

IMG_20230204_155616.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 14

9 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Leonard doesn't have to send me a card to let me know when he want's to be petted. He will jump on on my chair and start nudging me or head-butting me until I agree to pet him.  When he's had enough, he'll gently push my hand away with his paw.  If I continue to pet him, he'll push it away 2 or 3 more times.  Eventually, the gentle push become more of a swat and if I continue, the claws will come out and it becomes a game where he is the predator and my hand is the prey. All good fun.......until he draws blood.  I've learned my lesson the hard way. LOL

Our cat Joebob never gets tired of being petted , he wants constant attention more now since he is the only cat .

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm 100% this morning...  No sign of the retched pox.  

21 days until we board Oasis. 🙂 

Glad to hear you are all better! 

Yes, 21 days!!  I'm guessing I'll find you at the Flowrider?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

Glad to hear you are all better! 

Yes, 21 days!!  I'm guessing I'll find you at the Flowrider?

At some point yes.  I'm not Flowrider addict like some are here.  This is our first time on an Oasis class ship so I'm not sure where my "hang out" will be.  Each ship I usually end up in one or two place a lot.  

• Like 2

I hope you feel better soon.Your patients may not have patience.

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

All three were on last night's Saturday Night Live.

Learned on there last Night Steve Martin has been the host of that show 17 times, had no idea he had done it that many times. Wonder if anyone else has ever hosted that show longer then that?

It was Martin Short's 4th time as the Host.

This is my concern also for our 14 night cruise in September, we can purchase the UDP for $297 each, but really that's a lot of money and not sure we could eat all that food but if the MDR is really bad which usually we don't go that often there anyway, just how was the Windjammer, usually end of there most nights because we can go just when we get hungry and not be so much on a schedule like the MDR is.

Alec Baldwin also hosted 17 times.I think that is the most that he and Steve Martin hosted.

This is how we are spending this recovery afternoon. Jade, at least, seems pretty content. 

20230212_121448.thumb.jpg.2515509d47b37ecc7680734bcdceeff3.jpg

I hope ,  you are feeling 100% soon .  Take care and stay hydrated.  In the phone interview with a physician about treating my Covid symptoms, he recommended chicken soup . Why ? What are the healing properties of chicken soup ?  After more than 16 days after the symptoms first appeared I’m still without the ability to taste and smell . I’ve lost 5 lbs . 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I hope you feel better every day😃     Drink lots of water!!!!

Amazing how you have avoided it up until now.    My Dr was impressed that I avoided it up until Oct. 2022, even with going on cruises 2021/2022.    Got mine from the office.    

I originally planned to get my 2nd booster in October 2022 but then I got it and was told to wait 90-days. End of January I was eligible to get my 2nd booster, I'm still on fence on whether or not I should get it. 

I think Eric should get one before our March cruise.    Just don't know anymore.   

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3