Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Love the video Greg.  I’m not a Chiefs hater, I just don’t really care for Mahomes. There’s no denying his talent, but there’s just something about him that bothers me, and don’t even get me started on his wife & brother!  
I’ll be rooting for the Phillies mostly because my oldest & her family are.  
Good luck!

FYI - Eagles is who you will be rooting for.   Phillies is baseball team.  GO EAGLES!!!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

More importantly, Gino’s or Pat’s ?

Out of these I vote for Geno's.   They slice their meat thin and I think have a better quality meat.  Pats chops their meat and doesn't have as big of selection.

BUT our favorite is Steve Prince of Steaks!  Tad bit higher in price but much better, IMO.   We love their hot sauce too.  Although Eric should really avoid but he will occasionally torture himself when we go into the City to visit Chris and Donna.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

On a less serious note, I just tested positive for Covid again. 😡😡😡

I really don't have time for sitting at home for 5 days.  I've got a lot to wrap up over the next month before a significant change professionally.  My symptoms are a cough and a little sinus congestion but that is all. I've started my Covid recovery treatment.  Symptoms developed Wednesday, hopefully I'm good to go by Sunday.

I have a question for you. Between the infections you’ve had, how long was the time period in between. Another words was it seven months between the first and second time for example.  More curious than anything since I’ve had it twice. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am possibly one of the few people in the US who does not watch the Super Bowl.

The last time that I went to a Super Bowl party was in 1990.The last time that I watched an entire game was in 2007 when we went to Atlantic City for the weekend with friends .

I'm with you.  I rarely watch a whole game.  I'm one that will flip back and forth to see what happens, watch the commercials and half time show Unless it's a team that we really hope wins, such as the Eagles.  

In 2001 we went to Baltimore harbor when the Ravens won.   We had a blast hanging out all night at a local crabhouse restaurant bar.   The whole city went crazy and the taxi to our hotel took over an hour to get back, but we didn't care it was fun!    We were suppose to check out the next morning but got a phone call from front desk that everyone could stay for Free for another night as most workers didn't show up to work and most everyone was hung over. Including us😁

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I have a question for you. Between the infections you’ve had, how long was the time period in between. Another words was it seven months between the first and second time for example.  More curious than anything since I’ve had it twice. 

I got original recipe version way back in early 2020, (March 2020, if I remember).  The next one was three weeks post booster in the middle of the Omicron surge. I tested December 26th 2021, and version number three was back in the spring but I can't remember when exactly.  And now today.  One more time and I get free set of steak knives.

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

46 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

So, ladybugs.  Where do they suddenly appear from on a warm day?  Are they hibernating somewhere in the house?  

Yes, Ladybugs hibernate during winter months.   If you find in your home they have most likely been hibernating since the fall but come out on a warm winter day, or they are attracted to the color of your home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I got original recipe version way back in early 2020, (March 2020, if I remember).  The next one was three weeks post booster in the middle of the Omicron surge. I tested December 26th 2021, and version number three was back in the spring but I can't remember when exactly.  And now today.  One more time and I get free set of steak knives.

Ganzo knives😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Is it safe to say that each time has been less lesser in severity?  Just curious.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm with you.  I rarely watch a whole game.  I'm one that will flip back and forth to see what happens, watch the commercials and half time show Unless it's a team that we really hope wins, such as the Eagles.  

In 2001 we went to Baltimore harbor when the Ravens won.   We had a blast hanging out all night at a local crabhouse restaurant bar.   The whole city went crazy and the taxi to our hotel took over an hour to get back, but we didn't care it was fun!    We were suppose to check out the next morning but got a phone call from front desk that everyone could stay for Free for another night as most workers didn't show up to work and most everyone was hung over. Including us😁

I don't even know how anyone on the East Coast even goes to work the next day, following the Super Bowl? The games all start so late there, even Monday Night football. It starts at 3:30 PM here.

We always watch the Super Bowl, because we love the commercials. We don't really have a favorite, but Mahomes seems like a nice young man. I'm not familiar with the other QB. It was more fun when one of our citrus growers had a fun pool, that started before the playoffs. But sadly, they moved. So, we are back to watching for commercials. 😃

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I don't even know how anyone on the East Coast even goes to work the next day, following the Super Bowl? The games all start so late there, even Monday Night football. It starts at 3:30 PM here.

We always watch the Super Bowl, because we love the commercials. We don't really have a favorite, but Mahomes seems like a nice young man. I'm not familiar with the other QB. It was more fun when one of our citrus growers had a fun pool, that started before the playoffs. But sadly, they moved. So, we are back to watching for commercials. 😃

Usually a tough monday no doubt.  If Steelers are in it it’s an off day either way lol

• Like 2

Now for the first time in too many years we are going to a home super bowl party.

Now, it is not for lack of friends.

But when you get up at 04:30 am on a Monday post superbowl, and have to work in a hospital, no amount of coffee will prepare you for the task at hand.

Then finally I retired and the spouse said we can go till beginning of 4th quarter.

YES!!!!!!

Then COVID.

Quarantine and social distancing.

So this year, yes.......................only the Dolphins aren't playing  (No kidding, I could have told someone that in September).

Anyway, it should be a socially good evening.

I will root for.................................oh, who is playing?

Ok, I will root root root for the hometeam.

Arizona Cardinals right?

Just kidding, who ever I pick in sports loses anyway, so mums the word (remember Dolphins).

Take care

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

Would you be so kind as to share your treatment process.  My DH just tested positive today for the first time and I had to cancel a trip to NC as I would feel horrible if I ended up getting anyone ill (feel fine as of now).  Thanks!

I would like to know, too. Hope you feel better soon, @Tree_skier.

• Like 1

It was a beautiful sunny day today in RI and we had an unusually warm temperature of 64º , so hubby and I took a drive to Newport. Surprisingly, it was mostly deserted. I decided to post a few photos that I thought might interest my cruising friends.

For those of you who have arrived in Newport by tenders landing at the usually very crowded Perrotti Park, here’s what it looks like in February with no cruise ships in port and very few tourists.

DSC06754.thumb.jpg.09232270f79b6d3a1d8a3bfff2df39b4.jpg

And here is the view from King’s Park where you can usually get great shots of an anchored cruise ship and/or pleasure boats from the spring through the fall - but not today.

DSC06762.thumb.jpg.dc497b900c15f4502c323a6321ab2ddb.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

I know some of you are fans of Judge Judy, so we drove by her Newport home, so I could let you see some views of her home from the window of our car.  Her home is not set back very far from the road. I suppose I could have zoomed in, but I didn’t want to invade her privacy.

A few years ago (maybe 5?)  there were some local news reports about her purchasing the home and there was a link to a realtor’s photos of the interior and the more scenic views from the other side of the home.  It seems to be very lovely inside.

Here’s the view from a couple of houses away.DSC06767.thumb.jpg.226750d8a28b7e336ed22a5d4fe3e901.jpg

And here’s the view from the road just before one of the two driveways.

DSC06777.thumb.jpg.34bba7654d90de88ff5fb8bb4384d3f1.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Near Brenton Point on Ocean Drive the surf was very choppy…

DSC06797.thumb.jpg.0772c3e963052a619e78c56b9f9ff81d.jpg

But the cove near comedian Jay Leno’s home on Ocean Drive was nice and calm. His home is the one with all the chimneys. It’s right on an oceanfront cliff with awesome views. (Of course I've never seen the views myself, but I did see the realtor's photos.)

If I had to choose between his home and Judge Judy’s. . . his would win by a landslide!! He bought his home about a year before Judge Judy bought hers.

DSC06807.thumb.jpg.56dc56eed91951ccafea7d1090e7a839.jpg

We usually go for a walk on the Cliff Walk, but hubby’s knee was bothering him and it was much too windy anyway. So, no pictures from there today.

Edited by CrzLvr2
added info
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1